Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160286
Yssup Rider59844
gman4452863
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47426
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35144
Mojojo33117

Old 07-01-2011, 03:31 AM   #16
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
So why doesn't Obama submitt his defecit reduction plan to Congress? Oh, that's right he doesn't have one...and everbody knows that to get at true defecit reduction we are going to have to reign in entitlements; the $3b in private aircraft deperciation won't even come close to closing the defecit/debt. But it allows him to play the class warfare card.

Obama doesn't want to lead the nation into recovery, by proposing entitlement reform, instead he is a poser, trying to look like he is managing the problem, while playing golf and fiddling. Leaving the heavy lifting to Republicans.

Did he even mention entitlement reform in his WH presser?
Is it just me or did Marshall disappear and this buffoon stepped up right away? Spell it with me...'deficit'. I'll slow it down for you. D e f i c i t. Maybe you got it mixed up because your usual hate rhetoric is akin to defecation. I can see how that would confuse you.
Sa_artman is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:12 AM   #17
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:56 AM   #18
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Hey, Marshallbyrd, why doesn't the House rePUBES submit a plan on the floor instead on in the media? Never happen before the election because those a-wholes want to have a shot at reelection.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #19
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
+1

The only change I would make to the above statement would be to specifically state a modest increase in taxes!
Arguably that depends on how long it takes the economic triggers to kick in.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #20
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
We very clearly need both. However, now is not the most opportune time to engage in either. A sensible policy would be to agree to cuts in spending and increases in taxes, but for both to kick in only when the economy meets certain triggers based on economic recovery.
Perhaps you didn't see my post.

Obama HAD the House and 59 Democratic Senators. Yet, except for the taxes in Obamacare, he could NOT get a (substantial) tax bill passed. He could have, but did not, get the "Bush tax cuts" disabled for the top earners. He had plenty of time. Obama (along with Pelosi and Reid) could NOT get a budget passed.

Then the Democrats lost the House in Nov 2010.

What makes you think Obama can get a broad tax increase? He had his opportunity and HE BLEW IT.

Its time to deal, not pose.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #21
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

At that time, the economy was in a very fragile state and one could argue that Obama thought a tax increase would hurt the economy. I think it's a very weak argument, especial as it pertains to the highest income earners, but that could have been his thinking. But if you want to get up an argument about whether he should have immediately repealed most of the Bush tax cuts, you're going to have to get up a different crowd. You're preaching to the choir.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:10 AM   #22
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
So why doesn't Obama submitt his defecit reduction plan to Congress? Oh, that's right he doesn't have one...and everbody knows that to get at true defecit reduction we are going to have to reign in entitlements; the $3b in private aircraft deperciation won't even come close to closing the defecit/debt. But it allows him to play the class warfare card.

Obama doesn't want to lead the nation into recovery, by proposing entitlement reform, instead he is a poser, trying to look like he is managing the problem, while playing golf and fiddling. Leaving the heavy lifting to Republicans.

Did he even mention entitlement reform in his WH presser?
What heavy lifting? Where is a job creation bill? You really think the 2010 election was about the house repealing Obamacare and that's it?
Deficit reduction includes tax hikes as well as spending reductions. Come on, say it with me. T-A-X-H-I-K-E-S too. The republicans came up with one reduction plan that would give control of Medicare to the....................Insuran ce industry!! They refuse to consider a tax increase which of course is a return to the rates that were in place during a huge economic upswing. In place before it started. So you can't say that will kill our economy. Besides the current rates have been in effect for 8 years. Where are the new jobs?
On top of that, do you understand what the President's job is? The executive branch executes the legislation congress enacts. The President pitches an idea, details are for the congress to work out. And since the republicans won't honor things they put on the table last year, what's a congress to do?
It is obvious that the republicans like things the way they are and will be quite happy to wait for the next election, saying to the people, "remember who did this to you" while pointing fingers at the democrats.
But both parties forget 2 things. Neither of the parties choose who the president will be and it will be remembered who did this. Do you know who will remember and who picks the president?
We do, the 20% independent moderates.
Now I promised the other indies I wouldn't tell any conservatives this, but since it's you............... If you nominate either of the 2 ditzes, you will be crushed. Hate them? Liberals love them!!
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #23
I'dhitit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

The uncertainty of the future pertaining to entitlements including Obamacare is what is causing our economy to not grow. What makes it fair for people to draw unemployment for 2+ years? When do people quit expecting the government to provide everything for them. Obama is an absolute idiot. He's never done anything constructive from a business standpoint in his entire life. "Hope and Change", what a line of shit. When are poeple going to take any responsiblility for their own actions. If I'm hungry I'm going to go out and find a job and provide for myself. Why can't people accept the fact that the government can't keep giving handouts to people that don't want to work. To get any government assistance it should be a requirement that you pass a drug test and every day you should be assigned something constructive to do even if it's picking up trash along the side of the road. As far as tax breaks for the wealthy, give me a break. Those are the people that help create new jobs and technology for all of us. Revenue to the government increases when tax rates are lowered. Thats the incentive for people to bust their butts and start new businesses because they get to keep more of their own money.

Have you ever looked at our government wastes money on? We need 8 year term limits for our senators and congressmen and they should receive no pension whatsoever from the government. It should be considered a privilege to serve and they should not be allowed to build empires for themselves and their families and the special interest groups and lobbyists.

The tax code mess is honestly an easy one to handle. Whether it be a flat tax or a fair tax, I don't care. Do away with the entire tax code and everyone pay the same amount. Assume 15% or whatever. Everyone (businesses and individuals) pays the same amount. If I earn it I would be glad to pay it because I would be knowing that everyone else is contributing the same percentage. No loopholes for anyone. I will then go out there and bust my butt to make as much as I can and I'll be happy to know everyone is treated equallly.

Yes, I own a small business, I have to meet payroll and pay all the bills. One of my employees refused a pay increase because it would cause her foodstamp benefit to decrease. The government is causing the people to remain in lower paying jobs so they don't lose their darn benefits. Does this make sense? I say do away with the government handouts and make people work to their highest ability and let the business reward them according.
I'dhitit is offline   Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #24
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'dhitit View Post
Yes, I own a small business, I have to meet payroll and pay all the bills. One of my employees refused a pay increase because it would cause her foodstamp benefit to decrease.
I have never owned a small business but I do sign most of the checks for my office. It stands to reason that I have an excellent working knowledge of what it takes to meet a sizable payroll. If I am to understand this correctly, your employee's pay is low enough that she qualifies for foodstamps. I am the first to admit that I have never had any direct (or indirect) dealings with the foodstamp program.

It seems to me that the purpose of the foodstamps program is to provide essential assistance to those with very limited income. If the pay increase that you offered results in a net loss to the employee due to reduced foodstamp benefits, she seems to have made the correct decision. This appears to be a win/win situation. You win because you do not have to pay a higher wage rate. She wins because she is better able to provide for her family!

Hmmmm, why are you being critical?

Just sayin'
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #25
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
One of my employees refused a pay increase because it would cause her foodstamp benefit to decrease.
You must pay well.

Does your employee know what an absolute pathetic loser you think she is because she's on government assistance?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #26
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Quote:
The uncertainty of the future pertaining to entitlements including Obamacare is what is causing our economy to not grow. What makes it fair for people to draw unemployment for 2+ years? When do people quit expecting the government to provide everything for them. Obama is an absolute idiot. He's never done anything constructive from a business standpoint in his entire life. "Hope and Change", what a line of shit. When are poeple going to take any responsiblility for their own actions. If I'm hungry I'm going to go out and find a job and provide for myself. Why can't people accept the fact that the government can't keep giving handouts to people that don't want to work. To get any government assistance it should be a requirement that you pass a drug test and every day you should be assigned something constructive to do even if it's picking up trash along the side of the road. As far as tax breaks for the wealthy, give me a break. You give me a break. Hello, 8 years of tax breaks, 6 under Bush. None of the things in your statements concerning taxes have happened Those are the people that help create new jobs and technology for all of us. Revenue to the government increases when tax rates are lowered. Thats the incentive for people to bust their butts and start new businesses because they get to keep more of their own money.

Have you ever looked at our government wastes money on? We need 8 year term limits for our senators and congressmen and they should receive no pension whatsoever from the government. It should be considered a privilege to serve and they should not be allowed to build empires for themselves and their families and the special interest groups and lobbyists.

The tax code mess is honestly an easy one to handle. Whether it be a flat tax or a fair tax, I don't care. Do away with the entire tax code and everyone pay the same amount. Assume 15% or whatever. Everyone (businesses and individuals) pays the same amount. If I earn it I would be glad to pay it because I would be knowing that everyone else is contributing the same percentage. No loopholes for anyone. I will then go out there and bust my butt to make as much as I can and I'll be happy to know everyone is treated equallly.

Yes, I own a small business, I have to meet payroll and pay all the bills. One of my employees refused a pay increase because it would cause her foodstamp benefit to decrease. The government is causing the people to remain in lower paying jobs so they don't lose their darn benefits. Does this make sense?
It's one of the few things you said that does. This story is missing a lot of info but we'll assume it's real. You gave her a job. One that doesn't pay enough to put food on the table as well as clothes, etc. Since you gave her the job, you must not think she is a slacker. If you offered her a $1 an hour raise and she needs the $3-400 worth of food stamps, the $160 a month you offer won't cover that. Stop and think how she felt telling you that. The gov isn't keeping people in low paying jobs, a lack of skills for a higher paying job does. The gov is not the cure for everything and it isn't the cause of everything. As far as the tax increase goes, an extra $3000 per $100,000 above $250,000 isn't going to keep them from creating jobs. They've had 8 years. Besides, as a small business owner, you know to incorporate to limit personal liability. It is possible to be an employee of your own corp, which never makes a profit because of operating expenses, etc.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #27
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
I have never owned a small business but I do sign all of the checks for my office. I believe that I have an excellent working knowledge of what it takes to meet a sizable payroll. If I am to understand this correctly, your employee's pay is low enough that she qualifies for foodstamps. I am the first to admit that I have never had any direct or indirect dealings with the foodstamp program. Quite frankly, we have never had an employee who qualified for foodstamps.

It seems to me that the purpose of the program is to provide assistance to those 'in need' in providing for their families. If the pay increase that you offered results in a net loss to the employee due to reduced foodstamp benefits, she seems to have made the correct decision. This appears to be a win/win situation. You win because you do not have to pay her the pay increase. She wins because she is better able to provide for her family!

Hmmmm, why are being critical?

Just sayin'
I'm trying to keep from quacking. Lots of holes in his tale.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:10 AM   #28
lilred_robin
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 89202
My ECCIE Reviews

I've missed these types of threads!

At least your employee who is receiving assistance has a job!
She is working, and as such paying (some) income tax.

But I agree on the opinion of those who go for years and years leaching $ that could go to deserving families who are trying to work, trying to do the right thing.

As in her (your employee) case, it is almost a punishment (losing benefits in comparison to the increase in wage) to get a decent paying job.

Goodnight denziens of eccie. While we've received an unscheduled donsa for tomorrow, being Tuesday I still need to get off my ass and run 5 miles before breakfast.
lilred_robin is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:00 AM   #29
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred_robin View Post
But I agree on the opinion of those who go for years and years leaching $ that could go to deserving families who are trying to work, trying to do the right thing.
What about employers who for years and years leech off the government by paying a wage that keeps their employees on the government dole?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:06 AM   #30
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred_robin View Post
I've missed these types of threads!

At least your employee who is receiving assistance has a job!
She is working, and as such paying (some) income tax.

As in her (your employee) case, it is almost a punishment (losing benefits in comparison to the increase in wage) to get a decent paying job.

Goodnight denziens of eccie. While we've received an unscheduled donsa for tomorrow, being Tuesday I still need to get off my ass and run 5 miles before breakfast.
Beautiful robin's egg blue eyes. Give us a shout if you come to Austin.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women