Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70381
biomed160286
Yssup Rider59846
gman4452863
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35144
Mojojo33117

Old 07-05-2011, 08:39 AM   #1
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28
Default Obamanomics - "I'am Creating Jobs"

With a jobs program like Obama's we will surely go bankrupt. It's unbeliveable that he wants to keep the keys to car to continue this ride in the ditch. America can't afford this guy for a 2nd term.

Here is a link to the report by the WH Council of Economic Advisors; the members whom were all handpicked by Obama.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ob_576014.html

The last paragraph sums the situation best....."All sides agree on these incriminating numbers — and now they also appear to agree on this important point: The economy would now be generating job growth at a faster rate if the Democrats hadn’t passed the “stimulus.”
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
timpage
Account Disabled

That's not a link to the CEA report....it's a link to the GOP echo-chamber Weekly Standard blog's opinion about what the report means....and it's a totally misleading bait and switch. Here's a link to the report:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...rra_report.pdf
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

The report is linked in the Weekly Standard story.........
Old 07-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #4
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
The report was linked in the Weekly Standard story.........

Yea but the Weekly Standard article was an opinion piece done for idiots that would not understand the actual report and thus think that the Weekly Standard piece was indeed factual.

Do you know what % of the stimulus was in fact tax cuts?

I didn't think so...
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
With a jobs program like Obama's we will surely go bankrupt. It's unbeliveable that he wants to keep the keys to car to continue this ride in the ditch. America can't afford this guy for a 2nd term.

Here is a link to the report by the WH Council of Economic Advisors; the members whom were all handpicked by Obama.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ob_576014.html

The last paragraph sums the situation best....."All sides agree on these incriminating numbers — and now they also appear to agree on this important point: The economy would now be generating job growth at a faster rate if the Democrats hadn’t passed the “stimulus.”
http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...rra_report.pdf

Glad to see you accept the CEA report as a valid source. It will be the only source I use too.

I'm going to split all readers into 2 quick groups. Obama haters such as whirlaway and people who do their own thinking such as myself. I'm not always right but I can always explain how I arrived at a conclusion. Y'all decide if j. Anderson, the author of the linked story, has a clue what he is talking about. It's logical that the authors of the report understand their own report's conclusions and are qualified to state them.

"IV. CONCLUSION
This report continues the Council of Economic Advisers’ assessment of the economic impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act and the response of the economy as of the first quarter of 2011.
The analysis indicates that the Recovery Act has played a significant role in the turnaround of the economy that has occurred over the past two years. Real GDP reached its low point in the second quarter of 2009 and has been growing solidly since then, in large part because of the tax cuts and spending increases included in the Act. Employment, after falling dramatically, began to grow again on a sustained basis through 2010. As of the first quarter of 2011, the report estimates that the Recovery Act raised employment by 2.4 to 3.6 million jobs relative to what it otherwise would have been.
As discussed in previous ARRA reports, measuring the impact of policy on growth and employment is inherently difficult because no one can observe directly what would have occurred without the policy. But multiple methodologies and multiple sources point to similar estimates of ARRA’s impact on the economy."

You have to ask if Weekly Standard author was looking at the correct report. More on this throughout the afternoon.

PS You can imagine the sheer joy at discovering that there is steady and significant improvement in our economy and that the chance to bitch-slap someone still feels like the first time.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:11 PM   #6
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Quote:
The report is linked in the Weekly Standard story.........
From the weekly standard story:
"The council reports that, using “mainstream estimates of economic multipliers for the effects of fiscal stimulus” (which it describes as a “natural way to estimate the effects of” the legislation), the “stimulus” has added or saved just under 2.4 million jobs"

The report's conclusion clearly states 2.4 to 3.6 million.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:00 AM   #7
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Keep sticking to your mantra that Obama's stimulus program was a success. The general public sees through the blind ideology and knows it didn't deliver the promised "keep unemployment below 8.0%" and in fact, has delayed recovery and put us deeper in debt. It was a welfare program for the Democrat's buddies - teachers union and others.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:09 AM   #8
jhende3
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Whirlaway i take it that your not voting for Obama next election?
jhende3 is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:40 PM   #9
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Keep sticking to your mantra that Obama's stimulus program was a success. The general public sees through the blind ideology and knows it didn't deliver the promised "keep unemployment below 8.0%" and in fact, has delayed recovery and put us deeper in debt. It was a welfare program for the Democrat's buddies - teachers union and others.
Oh that's too funny. I seriously have doubts that you have any idea what the general public wants. Your so out of touch it's ridiculous. Keep spouting, makes for good entertainment. You should set up shop on a corner with the 2012 EOW crazies.
Sa_artman is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #10
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Not my mantra. It's is what it is. You were all over this after you found a douche bag who said what you wanted to hear. You couldn't even spare the time to look at the report yourself. Now, after the bitch-slap, you beg for more.
Here is a quick backhand to you.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-promised-sti/
The report you referenced really bit you in the ass, didn't it? If you had taken the time to read it, it shows where all the money goes. Your statement of "and in fact, has delayed recovery and put us deeper in debt. It was a welfare program for the Democrat's buddies - teachers union and others" is nothing more than a bald face lie. While it added a slight amount of debt, it turned things around and gave money to repub and democs alike. The report you endorsed contradicts your statements. How does your brand of logic deal with this? By broken record lies that have no links to truth.

The general public sees though you. They see you backpedal. They see you do want ever it takes to convince people your shit sandwich is really sirloin.

I eagerly look forward to your next post.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #11
surcher
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Whirlaway is one of the blind being led. If he would put as much effort into checking to see if the opinion he's read contradicts the actual document, he would spend less time being one of the blind trying to lead blindly.
surcher is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #12
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa_artman View Post
Oh that's too funny. I seriously have doubts that you have any idea what the general public wants. Your so out of touch it's ridiculous. Keep spouting, makes for good entertainment. You should set up shop on a corner with the 2012 EOW crazies.
makes sense to me, what does the general public want?
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #13
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
makes sense to me, what does the general public want?
A generalized statement with no basis in facts, of course it would make sense to you. Welcome to Whirly's mutual masturbation club. Btw, I didn't make the claim to know what the general public wants, but obviously they voted for the president by a majority. In the end, we'll know soon enough and in the meantime we amuse ourselves since the anti-American extremists IBH and Whirly insist on clogging the forum with their propaganda.
Sa_artman is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:22 PM   #14
jhende3
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Whirlaway I think I might just go out and create a job right now. I'm taking applications for a cute spinner with great oral skills to become a real asset to a up and cumming firm.
jhende3 is offline   Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:53 AM   #15
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
Speaking of sticking to stories, are you not taking back your blatant lie that the conclusion you first attributed to the White House Council of Economic Advisers is not theirs after all?

Are you now admitting that your initial source, which you repeatedly vouched for, lied and blatantly misrepresented the truth?

Speaking of "your mantra," doesn't this seem like the thirteenth chime of a clock -- something that discredits not only this utterance, but all that precede it -- for this and all your similar sources of new (including Faux News)?

You want to go on to the "sticking with your story" questions?
TexTushHog is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women