Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70385
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47437
pyramider46370
bambino40287
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 11-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #16
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
No matter what sort of work you're talking about, if you can't get people to do it for $2 a box, you need to offer to pay $3. And if you can't get anyone to do the work for $3 a box, you need to offer $4. And ultimately, if you need to offer $30 a box, then you need to pay $30 a box. It's called capitalism. Or you can just ignore the rules of capitalism and simply hire illegal immigrants.
Your POV might be valid if the "state" wasn't paying people $50 per day to sit on their fat asses. Take away that "unfair competitive" nonsense and there would be able bodied Americans picking apples and tomatoes at $2 per box.

Quote:
We (and by "we", i mean conservatives) rationalize $10M salaries to CEO's by arguing "well, that's what you need to pay"....yet when it comes to labor, that rule just seems a little too inconvenient for them.
Arguing that able bodied Americans are sitting on their fat asses collecting WIC is in no manner an argument justifying $10M salaries for CEOs. That's a completely different argument, and one I don't support - unless the CEO owns the company.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #17
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Your POV might be valid if the "state" wasn't paying people $50 per day to sit on their fat asses. Take away that "unfair competitive" nonsense and there would be able bodied Americans picking apples and tomatoes at $2 per box.
There are plenty of organizations that pay far, far less than the $200 or $300 a day that tomato farmer Mr. Smith claims people can make working for him - organizations which don't have any trouble keeping employees on the payroll. So if he's having such a problem, then what he's paying isn't worth the work he's offering.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:34 PM   #18
chess9718
BANNED

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehobbydude View Post
Whirlaway - Let me see, Republicans held a majority in Congress from 1994 to 2006 and didn't have time to fix it? Again, Democrats and Republicans are the problem. I don't get how people can go along with party lines when both parties are fucking us. I don't think Reagan got bamboozled, I think he was just doing what politicians do best, fucking us and blaming it on someone else. Just like Obama is doing these days. To me the Conservative movement and the Tea Party will have credibility when they stop supporting the Republican Party and really create a third option independent of the crap we have today. I'll be the first in line to join, in the meantime, I'm preparing to jump ship because the Titanic is sinking and all you're worried about is what kind of music the band is playing.
+2.

Wow, an actual relevant topic in eccie to stimulate my nimble brain powers. I love this.

For the issue at hand. Someone said we got amnesty and did not get border security, i would say look at the numbers, we have more border agents than we have ever had in any presidency and we also deported more under Obama than ever before, plus, they are willingly leaving for lack of jobs so there is a net negative immigration going on.

Now to talk of immigration along party lines is the mistake i think this country has made over the last decade. Generally, when you do that, you scare off the ones you wish to keep (i mean the educated and those with investment money) and tend to keep the ones you want to lose (the criminals and illiterate) and this is backed up by several statistics on several countries. When you say republicans are good because they want to enforce immigration laws, try to look at history, like stated above and am not going to repeat it but i will introduce a new topic. Immigrants bring a market for goods and services and also provide labor. When immigrants work, they can also be part of the economy. Plus, if you follow European countries, they are having problems because of old people retiring and not enough young ones available to bring income to the government and are beginning to rethink their immigration policies. So in essence, it is good for our economy when Hispanics have babies and when they come here too. Calculate the deficit after excluding the new born Hispanic Americans and i tell you, this country would not be the first world country it is, indeed, some of our best inventions are from immigrants whose parents flouted American laws.
chess9718 is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #19
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
There are plenty of organizations that pay far, far less than the $200 or $300 a day that tomato farmer Mr. Smith claims people can make working for him - organizations which don't have any trouble keeping employees on the payroll. So if he's having such a problem, then what he's paying isn't worth the work he's offering.
Largely because "state" funded WIC entitlements makes sitting on one's ass much more attractive than hard work.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #20
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
No matter what sort of work you're talking about, if you can't get people to do it for $2 a box, you need to offer to pay $3. And if you can't get anyone to do the work for $3 a box, you need to offer $4. And ultimately, if you need to offer $30 a box, then you need to pay $30 a box. It's called capitalism. Or you can just ignore the rules of capitalism and simply hire illegal immigrants.
Doofus, I seriously think you could get away paying only $1.00 or $1.50 a box........don't you just love capitalism?!!!!! IT'S FANTASTIC!!!!!!

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #21
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Largely because "state" funded WIC entitlements makes sitting on one's ass much more attractive than hard work.
People working for $65 a day don't seem to be tripping over themselves to get to Mr. Smith's $300/day offer.....so maybe.....you're just full of it.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #22
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chess9718 View Post
+2.

For the issue at hand. Someone said we got amnesty and did not get border security, i would say look at the numbers, we have more border agents than we have ever had in any presidency and we also deported more under Obama than ever before, plus, they are willingly leaving for lack of jobs so there is a net negative immigration going on.

you should dig into that deported number and see what the real story is.....and no, I will not do your research for you.....even an Obamunist like you will be shocked at how you got scammed by the deported number.....
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:31 PM   #23
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
People working for $65 a day don't seem to be tripping over themselves to get to Mr. Smith's $300/day offer.....so maybe.....you're just full of it.
Now just who is going to quit a full time job for a part-time seasonal job? It's the people who are sitting on their duffs who need the job, you moron. Your argument is full of BS just like you.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #24
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Just wondering, why would unemployed people take a job for whatever kind of money that can just in one season cause back problems and pain for the rest of their life. I knew people who did that kind of work in the tulip fields in the Netherlands but at least there they have full medical support.
Here they get nothing but shit afterwards. Do YOU want to make a few hundred dollars and pay thousands afterwards in medical bills?
Isn't it time to invent a machine that does this back breaking work?
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #25
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
Just wondering, why would unemployed people take a job for whatever kind of money that can just in one season cause back problems and pain for the rest of their life. I knew people who did that kind of work in the tulip fields in the Netherlands but at least there they have full medical support.
Here they get nothing but shit afterwards. Do YOU want to make a few hundred dollars and pay thousands afterwards in medical bills?
You are a moron also. You probably never stooped to do field work in your life, but you choose to pontificate on the subject.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:02 PM   #26
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
You are a moron also. You probably never stooped to do field work in your life, but you choose to pontificate on the subject.
Actually I did, in the tulip fields, oh and potatoes.
It was to pay for college
Old 11-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #27
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Actually I did, in the tulip fields
And you didn't cripple your prissy little back?
Old 11-06-2011, 06:27 PM   #28
RegularFemale205
Account Disabled

User ID: 106997

Quote:
Y'all see what I'm talking about right?

And yes, it was a complete shit storm when Alabama enacted the new illegal immigration law. Grow Alabama put out an emergency call for workers and very few showed for a 2nd day.
RegularFemale205 is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #29
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularFemale205 View Post
In Alabama they don't even know what medical support is, let alone provide for it. Do they actually have doctors and hospitals in AB??
Old 11-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #30
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
You are a moron also. You probably never stooped to do field work in your life,
And you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularFemale205 View Post

And yes, it was a complete shit storm when Alabama enacted the new illegal immigration law. Grow Alabama put out an emergency call for workers and very few showed for a 2nd day.
And i've got a week's pay that says if the pay were, say, $2,000/day, people would have showed up for the 2nd day. And the 3rd. And the 4th, 5th and 6th.

Pay what the job is worth, and you'll get people to take the job.
Doove is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women