Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70406
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59903
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47511
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Old 01-22-2010, 06:55 AM   #31
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Could be worse the Katrina?

50 - 100,000 people are already dead. 10 - 20,000 a day are expected to die in the next few weeks from disease and lack of medical treatment. I think it's already way past Katrina by orders of magnitude.
I guess Obama doesn't like Haitian people.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:08 AM   #32
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
TTH....gotta like the man's style!
Nah, seems the guy was following TTH's thread about looting...and made a comment about TVs and such. When TTH ran out of gas related to that, he switches tactics. How does the old lawyer saying go?..."When the facts are against you, argue the law. When the law is against you, argue the facts."

When I see that happen, I figure I'm just listening to another haberdasher trying to sell something...and I ain't buying.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:23 AM   #33
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
Nah, seems the guy was following TTH's thread about looting...and made a comment about TVs and such. When TTH ran out of gas related to that, he switches tactics. How does the old lawyer saying go?..."When the facts are against you, argue the law. When the law is against you, argue the facts."

When I see that happen, I figure I'm just listening to another haberdasher trying to sell something...and I ain't buying.

Sorry RK .... What were you arguing just now ? Facts or Law? LOL

What I was laughing at was the way that he expressed the death toll comparison. There really is no comparison in the two tragedies. IMHO
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:33 AM   #34
Guest112113-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

My company was called in to Southern Louisiana and Mississippi the day following Katrina, and we spend a total of four months working 24 hrs a day rebuilding some of the on-shore inter structure of the petroleum industry for the largest major. Our group consisted of 100+ men and a few women. The stealing - looting got so bad for us, not to mention the danger personally, we had to increase security from five guys to twelve, for we could actually do our job safety.

People change during those times, but in the same sentence there were many that were very in much control of their ethics. Until you have been in that type of scenario you really have no idea how it changes people. There were allot of things and actions that happen in Katrina in the first ten days that the media did not witness, not necessary a good thing at that. I was thankful that I took security with us.
Guest112113-3 is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #35
guest051510-1
Miss America

User ID: 3339

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTv89l1hqeo"]YouTube- Neighborhood Bully redone[/ame]

CNN Elizabeth Cohen interviews makeshift medical tent personnel on January 18, 2010.

Asking Harvard Medical Dr. Jennifer Furin, "Have the American's set up a field hosptial?"

"Currently, not yet."

Cohen: "The Israeli's came from the other side of the world..."

Furin: "It's a frustrating thing that I really can't explain..."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX-UmrFAWNw"]YouTube- Haiti Day 6 - No one but the Israeli's have come to help any of our patients that are dying[/ame]
guest051510-1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:56 AM   #36
Guest112113-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

NicoletteB, this seems to be very important to you personally, so my question is "Why are you still in Houston, not Haiti?"
Old 01-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #37
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

There is no telling what people will do given an "opportunity."

1965 there was a blackout of much of the North East. In NYC people went out in the streets with flashlights and helped direct traffic; multiple stories of people walking up the stairs in tall apartment buildings to get supplies to the elderly or others who could not move.

Fast forward to 1977. NYC is going through a real summer of hell (near bankruptcy, massive police force corruption, Son of Sam, category 3 hurrican blew through just to make it more interesting). Another major blackout affecting mostly the NYC area. Massive crime, looting, store windows being pulled open by trucks with chains attached to store doors.

August of 2004: Another blackout in NYC, this one more similar in scope to 1965. People behave similar to 1965. Reports of crime and looting are rare.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:03 AM   #38
guest051510-1
Miss America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody of TX View Post
NicoletteB, this seems to be very important to you personally, so my question is "Why are you still in Houston, not Haiti?"
What good would I be in Haiti?

I can't help, I would just get in the way. Donating to the Red Cross is the best I can do.

What the Hell would I be able to do in Haiti besides stand around and look pretty?
Old 01-22-2010, 10:03 AM   #39
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody of TX View Post
That is really not a fair question. There could be all kinds of reasons she (or anyone else for that matter) can't simply pick up and go.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:13 AM   #40
Guest112113-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolette Bordeauxva View Post
What the Hell would I be able to do in Haiti besides stand around and look pretty?
And that you would do well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
That is really not a fair question. There could be all kinds of reasons she (or anyone else for that matter) can't simply pick up and go.
Not all questions are fair DG, I did not direct my question as a negative smart ass remark, she pretty much handled it all by herself.

But as you mentioned, there could be all kinds of reasons...they just might not have the will.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:16 AM   #41
guest051510-1
Miss America

My question is WHY do the Israelis do it? Or any other country for that matter. Why the humanitarian efforts? What do they get out of it? Is it just being good for goodness sake? Is it just that they are kind generous people? Really, what's in it for them? Good P.R.?
Old 01-22-2010, 10:37 AM   #42
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Sadly, a lot of folks think Charity is deserved rather than Charity is a gift.

The interview posted alludes to just that...even if offhanded. The question alluded to is "Why haven't the Americans set up a field hospital?" Taking responsibility for one's self means that when oppression falls upon us, we are most thankful for the charity of others...and frankly there is much around. But when it moves to dismay over a percieved lack of charity, then the dismayed have lost the concept of charity...which is "It is a gift".
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:58 AM   #43
TexRich
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolette Bordeauxva View Post
My question is WHY do the Israelis do it? Or any other country for that matter. Why the humanitarian efforts? What do they get out of it? Is it just being good for goodness sake? Is it just that they are kind generous people? Really, what's in it for them? Good P.R.?

humanitarian mostly.
TexRich is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:01 AM   #44
Guest031710
Account Disabled

User ID: 4985

We're sending troops there now. As in, I know of people who are leaving tomorrow and the week after.
Humanitarian missions are generally 30-90 days for each unit, and have no dwell time after. Meaning, even some of us who are deploying in May will go there, come back and then go to Afghanistan.
My company isn't going, but I personally know others here on Fort Campbell and from Fort MacPherson (sp?) who are either already packed or going through SRP and still packing to go.
(SRP is where we get shots and do other medical readiness and update our wills and beneficiary and family information .. well.. just in case)
Guest031710 is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:20 PM   #45
sofiaofhouston
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7365
Encounters: 1

uuuhhhh. Maybe just maybe the USA feels the world is overpopulated? Natural disasters are mother natures way of taking care of that. Not to say that I don't have a heart and truly feel for the people in Haiti.

400 years ago who would have come to their aid and how?
sofiaofhouston is offline   Quote