Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70381
biomed160286
Yssup Rider59846
gman4452863
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35144
Mojojo33117

Old 12-01-2018, 10:24 AM   #31
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
This is not a negative comment, so don't castigate me. The words that cost him his re election were........"read my lips, no new taxes".....and then he turned right around and made a deal with the Democrats and we got a tax increase.

People remembered. Everything else was forgotten. 41 tried to explain that it was not a "new tax".

In my opinion that was a turning point in American Politics, the beginning of what we have now. That being, you simply do not trust the other side, because their only aim is to get you unelected.

Remrmber how comedians used to portray 41 as an a effeminate character. America laughed. How cute. Aren't we cool.

My God, the man was a true hero, a fighter pilot.

The public was too stupid to even care.

RIP GHWB. You were not a great President, but you were a decent President.
Bush understood that Voodoo economics did not work and the economy responded to late to get him reelected. ...but he was proven correct as Clinton benifited from the shrinking debt.

But yrs you are correct the public was too stupid and is still so when it comes to taxes.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:45 AM   #32
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Yes the Bush"s love Trump...great post and point gfe. Way to keep it clasdy.
Too bad not everyone could.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:52 AM   #33
biggeorge565
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystic View Post
Great. Dig two extra graves. One for Donald the other for Melania. Lets make it a Trifecta
What an ass!!
biggeorge565 is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:54 AM   #34
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystic
Great. Dig two extra graves. One for Donald the other for Melania. Lets make it a Trifecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggeorge565 View Post
What an ass!!

now you know why i have him on ignore.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:06 AM   #35
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post

1924-2018

There was never one more qualified, deserving, better example of a decent human being or more noble servant to his country than George Bush.

Anyone at that time who would lie about his age to get into the fight has my deepest respect. We will never see his generation again. One of the last times we actually spoke to each other and listened.

He’d now rest with his beloved Barbara in College Station..

RIP.... very sad indeed.

If you’ve got nothing good to say...then don’t.
He did what needed to be done even though he knew it would likely cost him a second term. That is what character is. Show me any other president that chose doing the right thing over winning an election. Great man!
grean is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:07 AM   #36
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystic View Post
His decision to not continue into Iraq cost him the reelection yet he did what he felt was right. His foresight was 20/20.
After the Iraq war, it appeared that Saddam Hussein would develop weapons of mass destruction. And sanctions were placed on Iraq, at great cost to the Iraqi people, to prevent this from happening. Many of us wondered why George H. W. Bush hadn't advanced from Kuwait and marched on into Baghdad and finished what he had started. That would have been better for us and better for the Iraqi people.

Well, Bush had been a director of the CIA. He had worked hand in hand with Ronald Reagan when the cold war ended. He knew what it was like to actually fight and see his friends die in a a war. Coming into office, George H. W. Bush was arguably the best prepared president in the history of our nation. And that preparation placed him in good stead. He made the right decision when he withdrew the troops from Kuwait, a decision that many of the rest of us thought was unwise at the time.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:04 PM   #37
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
After the Iraq war, it appeared that Saddam Hussein would develop weapons of mass destruction. And sanctions were placed on Iraq, at great cost to the Iraqi people, to prevent this from happening. Many of us wondered why George H. W. Bush hadn't advanced from Kuwait and marched on into Baghdad and finished what he had started. That would have been better for us and better for the Iraqi people.

Well, Bush had been a director of the CIA. He had worked hand in hand with Ronald Reagan when the cold war ended. He knew what it was like to actually fight and see his friends die in a a war. Coming into office, George H. W. Bush was arguably the best prepared president in the history of our nation. And that preparation placed him in good stead. He made the right decision when he withdrew the troops from Kuwait, a decision that many of the rest of us thought was unwise at the time.
There was the real -- but mistaken -- belief that the Republican Guard had been destroyed during the war. The Republican Guard was what kept Saddam in power after the war. Had it not been there, reformers may have been able to topple Saddam, and things would have been different and probably more as Bush41 intended.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:37 PM   #38
oeb11
Valued Poster

RIP- George H.W. Bush - who led an accomplished and honorable life.

Thanks to all who posted respectfully. Bush and Family deserve that.

Clarification - he piloted a Grumman TBM Avengers of VT-51,a torpedo bomber- not a fighter.

He was shot down off ChiChiJima island- whose commander was known to eat the liver of captured Americans. Bush received the Distinguished Flying Cross for the mission - in which his other men in the plane were killed. An Avenger hangs in his Presidential library on display.

To TMystic- You do not speak for the Bush Family - Can it - take your hands off your keyboard if you cannot be respectful.

Bush will be interred at his Presidential Library plot next to Barbara in College Station on the campus of Texas A&M University. All can be assured he will rest in Honor and Respect.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:26 PM   #39
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Too bad not everyone could.
It is been rather good considering the venue.

He and Carter are my favorite Presidents.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 02:18 PM   #40
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
It is been rather good considering the venue.
Yeah I guess you’re right.

It only takes one turd on the Pizza to ruin a good tip.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 02:40 PM   #41
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Yeah I guess you’re right.

It only takes one turd on the Pizza to ruin a good tip.
Then I would suggest that a person not do that
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 02:43 PM   #42
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
There was the real -- but mistaken -- belief that the Republican Guard had been destroyed during the war. The Republican Guard was what kept Saddam in power after the war. Had it not been there, reformers may have been able to topple Saddam, and things would have been different and probably more as Bush41 intended.
Lets see IB. We still have people over there and Afghanistan Trying to "reform" them. Papa Bush knew that was a losing cause. There are people on this board that may defend the Iraq war, but in the RW those numbers are small
Old 12-01-2018, 08:02 PM   #43
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Default Together Forever

gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:02 PM   #44
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Thanks. This should end the thread
Old 12-01-2018, 10:48 PM   #45
garhkal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Though i may not have liked him, i still am saddened to hear of his passing..
garhkal is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women