Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70407
biomed160507
Yssup Rider59911
gman4452920
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47518
pyramider46370
bambino40312
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35336
Mojojo33117

Old 04-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #76
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
So now you are claiming the Arawak and other Caribbean natives were not Native Americans?
FYI, the Inca, the Maya, the Aztec, the Iroquois, etc.; plus, the Arawak and Carib, etc., were/are all Native Americans (AKA First Nations people or Amerindians). Columbus kidnapped some 10 to 25 Ciguayos and transported the eight who survived back to Spain in 1493.

"Seafarers were the original hobbyists—by the nature of their profession, they were a society of men without women; therefore, they were men with many women."

You do realize 1495 is after Columbus’ first return in 1493. Furthermore, the 1495 episode of which you write is the first note of the syphilis ‘epidemic’ that was sweeping through Europe at that time. It was carried by the armies of the period. However, there are multiple accounts that members of Columbus’ crew returned with the disease – to Barcelona – in 1493. From there, it began to spread outwards until by 1495 it was an epidemic.
The things you mention are a theory same as the french having spanish mercs with them at the battle is a theory they were carrying the disease.you also didn't read Rothschild's report he never found a skeleton dating back more than 600 years in north America .They have given him skeletons from the old country dating back 2000 years showing the disease,but he discredits them.I think he is in denial like you are,and where it came from .
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #77
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Yes, we certainly treated the native Americans majestically. Killed them, stole their land, pushed them on to reservations. A proud chapter of American history.
Unfortunately, the Native Americans lost the war. That's what happens when you loose. Well not now, now we rebuild your country and give them lollipops and unicorns, but I digress. Before we got a firm foot hold, which was quite a while, the Native nations could have banded together and either killed, enslaved or thrown us back into the ocean, but they didn't. Unfortunately, to the victor goes the spoils.

Jackie's right; we traded diseases back and forth between the two peoples. That's what happens when groups of people encounter cultures they have been isolated from. We also traded culture, food and commodities. Throughout antiquity defeated peoples have assimilated into the conqueror's culture. The Native Americans chose not to; it's their price to pay. My great-great-grandmother was Native American. That' has not affected my culture any more or less than my grandfather being straight off the boat from Germany. It's a melting pot. Melt.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #78
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I made no comment about all black people's breath. I only commented about yours--which means I probably made no comment about ANY black person's breath.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:00 PM   #79
Old-T
Valued Poster

You know what I was thinking as I drove to work today: I was thinking what if you and IB are actuallysiamese twins. Which would I feel got the worst end of that deal?
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #80
Af-Freakin
BANNED

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
You know what I was thinking as I drove to work today: I was thinking what if you and IB are actuallysiamese twins. Which would I feel got the worst end of that deal?

siamese twins? i think dementia is settin in & somebody needs 2 change ur Depends, but if IB was a brutha, then id havta rename him I B Hankering4WhiteBitches.
Af-Freakin is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #81
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim008 View Post
The things you mention are a theory same as the french having spanish mercs with them at the battle is a theory they were carrying the disease.you also didn't read Rothschild's report he never found a skeleton dating back more than 600 years in north America .They have given him skeletons from the old country dating back 2000 years showing the disease,but he discredits them.I think he is in denial like you are,and where it came from .
You never cited Rothschild!?! Where did you cite Rothschild?

And you never read Crosby!
Furthermore, in Guns, Germs, and Steel (1997), Jared Diamond reports that syphilis is likely the only Native American disease to have the same devastating impact on Europeans that European diseases had on Native Americans. The weight of scientific and historic evidence is against you.

Columbus did bring syphilis from America
By Roger Highfield, Science Editor, 1:00AM GMT: 15 Jan 2008
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...m-America.html

BTW, here are the findings of your expert -- Rothschild:

Origin of Syphilis

The osseotype characteristics of syphilis are absent in specimens from pre-Columbian Europe, Africa, and Asia [61, 9193]. With regard to North and South America, these characteristics have been identified in North America as far back as 8000 years ago in sites as disparate as Windover, Florida; Frontenac Island, New York; Libben, Ohio; and Amaknak, Alaska [19, 92].

Somewhere between 2000 and 1800 years ago, the first identified osseotype of syphilis occurred [49]. The Mogollan Ridge proved to be the dividing line with respect to both the first appearance of syphilis and the climatic change that may have been responsible for the event [93, 94]. Its osseous signature is recognized to have occurred 1500 years ago in New Mexico, 1000 years ago in Wisconsin, 800 years ago in Ecuador, 700 years ago in Florida, and 600 years ago in Michigan and West Virginia [49].

It is clear that syphilis was present in the New World at the time of Columbus' arrival [19, 49]. Especially pertinent is documentation of syphilis in the area where he actually landed, the Dominican Republic [95]. The periosteal reaction characteristic of syphilis has been recognized in 6%–14% of skeletons from the El Soco (800 a.d.), Juan Dolio (1400 a.d.), La Caleta (1200–1300 a.d.), Atajadizo (1200–1300 a.d.), and Cueva Cabrera (1200–1300 a.d.) sites. The average number of bone groups affected ranged from 1.7 to 2.6.

. . . The osseous evidence documents the presence of syphilis in the Dominican Republic where Columbus landed. Columbus' crew clearly had the opportunity and means to contract and spread the venereal disease we now call syphilis.

http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/40/10/1454.full
Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Yes, we certainly treated the native Americans majestically. Killed them, stole their land, pushed them on to reservations. A proud chapter of American history.
As you overindulge in your liberal guilt and remorse, please feel free to slash your wrists while warming in a hot tub or hang yourself from the nearest banister.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-goaT View Post
You know what I was thinking as I drove to work today . . .
Old-goaT . . . 'thinking' and 'working'!?! What other fantasies will you entertain the forum with, Old-goaT? BTW, you're closing the gap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklynn916 View Post
Absolutely Hilarious!
How so? Please explain.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #82
Old-T
Valued Poster

Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #83
Jackie S
Valued Poster

One practice that the Europeans engaged in had as much affect on the Native Population as desease. As they explored inland, they delibertly let pigs go wild so as to have a ready food source on the return journey. They knew in three years, there would be a abundance of pigs to harvest.

Of course, the pigs proliferated, and commensed to destroy the Native Americans crops, which were easy pickings. This was particuarilly devastating for the South Eastern Tribes.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #84
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Is that why we have all of these gd farrow hogs?
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #85
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
Per day Mutha Fucka, per day!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
One practice that the Europeans engaged in had as much affect on the Native Population as desease. As they explored inland, they delibertly let pigs go wild so as to have a ready food source on the return journey. They knew in three years, there would be a abundance of pigs to harvest.

Of course, the pigs proliferated, and commensed to destroy the Native Americans crops, which were easy pickings. This was particuarilly devastating for the South Eastern Tribes.
While the hogs did destroy Native American crops, they also provided a new source of nutrition. Never read where the Spanish 'planned' to allow their animals to go free -- it just happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
Is that why we have all of these gd farrow hogs?
Blame DeSoto for the Arkansas Razor Backs!
Old 04-25-2012, 06:42 AM   #86
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

For IB hankering for a brain Last comment on this looser.Go to Wikipedia go to Syphilis look up origin read the first sentence.There are two hypothesis on where it came from.yours and mine.We could argue this and never settle it.So with all due respect FUCK YOU
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:31 AM   #87
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim008 View Post
For IB hankering for a brain Last comment on this looser.Go to Wikipedia go to Syphilis look up origin read the first sentence.There are two hypothesis on where it came from.yours and mine.We could argue this and never settle it.So with all due respect FUCK YOU
First you claim there are 'experts' that support your theory, but you say those theorist have been convincingly challenged and dismissed by others. You claimed there were no examples of syphilis being in the New World before Columbus, but there ARE several scientific studies demonstrating otherwise. Then you as much as claimed that Native Americans in the Caribbean were not 'Native Americans', you are wrong: they are. Then you claim you had an expert -- Rothschild -- who supported your theory, when, in fact, he maintains syphilis IS a New World disease. The mass of scientific and historical evidence supports Columbus' crew returned from the New World carrying syphilis. Contemporary doctors in Barcelona describe the sickness among Columbus' crew in 1493. Syphilis was an unknown disease in the Old World before 1493. There is NO extant, anthropological proof that anyone ever suffered from the disease in the Old World prior to 1493; whereas, there IS extant proof that the disease existed in the New World thousands of years before Columbus arrived. You have been proved wrong on every point -- even by your own sources. So take your 'Wiki' and shove it, Ekim the Inbred.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women