Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70418
biomed160570
Yssup Rider59930
gman4452934
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47549
pyramider46370
bambino40323
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35368
Mojojo33117

Old 12-30-2017, 04:49 AM   #1381
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

Are you losers ever going to stop whining?
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 06:15 AM   #1382
gfejunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I offer opinions and try to back them up with others who are considered experts in their field, in this case economics.
Why not include Paul Krugman as an "expert"? I mean, he's gotten it so right in his predictions...

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timoth...essed-n2394836

“It really does now look like President Donald J. Trump, and markets are plunging. When might we expect them to recover? If the question is when markets will recover, a first-pass answer is never.
“We are very probably looking at a global recession, with no end in sight. I suppose we could get lucky somehow. But on economics, as on everything else, a terrible thing has just happened.”

Never???

Crow should taste a little better with some salt and pepper. Bwaaaaahaaaaahaaaa!!!

Poor Paul.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:04 AM   #1383
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Here's a solution for Russian Conspiracy Fever.
https://youtu.be/M7M4y8jEn_s
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:08 AM   #1384
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

This one is great.
https://youtu.be/dgKc-2rFcRw
Old 12-30-2017, 02:50 PM   #1385
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
Oh, we'll find out long before then, you nattering nabob of negativism.

Three+ straight quarters of 3+% GDP growth will prove me right and you wrong by then. Before the tax and jobs bill we were already well on our way. I expect that to do nothing but accelerate. 4% GDP is well within reach.
The GDP is one small factor that voters will take into account next November. Where did I say GDP would go down? 4% GDP over multiple quarters is unlikely, but possible.

What is apparent right now is that Trump is still in the 30s for job approval ratings. And Trump is lying about it.

President Donald Trump claimed Friday that his approval ratings at this point in his presidency rival those of Barack Obama, citing a report from "Fox & Friends."

"While the Fake News loves to talk about my so-called low approval rating, @foxandfriends just showed that my rating on Dec. 28, 2017, was approximately the same as President Obama on Dec. 28, 2009, which was 47%...and this despite massive negative Trump coverage & Russia hoax!" he tweeted.

But the truth, across almost every reputable poll, is that Trump's approval ratings have lagged behind those of nearly all of his predecessors, including Obama, since day one of his presidency.

The cleanest comparison between the approval ratings of the two presidents is Gallup's daily tracking polls, which are released as both three-day rolling averages and weekly averages. The three-day averages released on December 28, 2009 -- the day Trump cited in his tweet -- showed 51% approval for Obama with 43% disapproval. On December 28 of this year, Gallup released a three-day average showing 38% approval for Trump with 56% disapproval.

This is why I say wait until next November. We can argue all we want about how effective Trump has been as POTUS and it is all meaningless. I don't care how effective Trump is with his policies. I don't like him as a person and just about every day he says or does something that puts another nail in the coffin. Others hear or read the same things (you, Austin Ellen) and see things differently. I am fine with that. Wait until next November.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:57 PM   #1386
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Yes, we will see in November. In the meantime, Trumps approval ratings are down but so was Ronald Regan's - and he won by a landslide in his following election. Trump will do the same.
As for seeing things differently - that is true - many people do. But I like this lady - we have the same attitude.

Quote:
The GDP is one small factor that voters will take into account next November. Where did I say GDP would go down? 4% GDP over multiple quarters is unlikely, but possible.

What is apparent right now is that Trump is still in the 30s for job approval ratings. And Trump is lying about it.

President Donald Trump claimed Friday that his approval ratings at this point in his presidency rival those of Barack Obama, citing a report from "Fox & Friends."

"While the Fake News loves to talk about my so-called low approval rating, @foxandfriends just showed that my rating on Dec. 28, 2017, was approximately the same as President Obama on Dec. 28, 2009, which was 47%...and this despite massive negative Trump coverage & Russia hoax!" he tweeted.

But the truth, across almost every reputable poll, is that Trump's approval ratings have lagged behind those of nearly all of his predecessors, including Obama, since day one of his presidency.

The cleanest comparison between the approval ratings of the two presidents is Gallup's daily tracking polls, which are released as both three-day rolling averages and weekly averages. The three-day averages released on December 28, 2009 -- the day Trump cited in his tweet -- showed 51% approval for Obama with 43% disapproval. On December 28 of this year, Gallup released a three-day average showing 38% approval for Trump with 56% disapproval.

This is why I say wait until next November. We can argue all we want about how effective Trump has been as POTUS and it is all meaningless. I don't care how effective Trump is with his policies. I don't like him as a person and just about every day he says or does something that puts another nail in the coffin. Others hear or read the same things (you, Austin Ellen) and see things differently. I am fine with that. Wait until next November.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:17 PM   #1387
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
Yes, we will see in November. In the meantime, Trumps approval ratings are down but so was Ronald Regan's - and he won by a landslide in his following election. Trump will do the same.
As for seeing things differently - that is true - many people do. But I like this lady - we have the same attitude.

Ronald Reagan won 44 states, won 51% of the popular vote and came in with higher approval ratings than Trump. Trump lost the popular vote by more than anyone to win office, has historic low approval ratings. Reagan dipped in approval ratings but he had pretty high numbers before that, ergo he had something to build on. Trump's been playing to a small base that has gotten smaller. There is no possible way Trump wins in a landslide simple because he can't win California, NY, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts or NJ. Those are a lot of electoral votes, so it couldn't be a landslide in the electoral college. And he can't win as many states as Reagan did either. Reagan won all but 1 in his reelection.

As for the picture:
Look at that, a rare African American Trump voter. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't just seen it.
Austin Dude is offline   Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 05:32 AM   #1388
gfejunkie

Quote:
Oh, really???

"Trump is ending his first year in office with virtually the same job approval ratings that Barack Obama earned on Dec. 29, 2009, at the end of his first year as president. On that date, 46% of voters approved of the job Obama was doing; 53% disapproved."

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ez_track_dec29

Looks pretty even to me.

And, before you condemn Rasmussen...

http://thehill.com/media/306721-rasm...llster-of-2016
http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/19/th...ording-to-rcp/
http://americanresearchgroup.com/rat...6/uspresident/
Old 12-31-2017, 06:06 AM   #1389
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
Actually from what I can find on the subject, Reagan's approval rating in his first year was 53%. In no year did it fall below 43%. Trump has yet to break 40%.

http://news.gallup.com/poll/11887/ro...ll-review.aspx
Old 12-31-2017, 06:17 AM   #1390
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Oh, really???

"Trump is ending his first year in office with virtually the same job approval ratings that Barack Obama earned on Dec. 29, 2009, at the end of his first year as president. On that date, 46% of voters approved of the job Obama was doing; 53% disapproved."

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ez_track_dec29

Looks pretty even to me.
Rasmussen is a single poll and has Trump with a higher approval % than any other poll I can find.

"The cleanest comparison between the approval ratings of the two presidents is Gallup's daily tracking polls, which are released as both three-day rolling averages and weekly averages. The three-day averages released on December 28, 2009 -- the day Trump cited in his tweet -- showed 51% approval for Obama with 43% disapproval. On December 28 of this year, Gallup released a three-day average showing 38% approval for Trump with 56% disapproval."

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/29/politi...ing/index.html

And here is an excellent analysis of Trump and Trump vs Obama, citing 4 different polls including Rasmussen, which is the only one which has Trump with over a 40% approval rating.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/
Old 12-31-2017, 08:06 AM   #1391
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Actually from what I can find on the subject, Reagan's approval rating in his first year was 53%. In no year did it fall below 43%. Trump has yet to break 40%.

http://news.gallup.com/poll/11887/ro...ll-review.aspx

Trump will never be able to pull off what Reagan did. But Reagan did dip in the 30’s for about 3 months I believe. But Trump also started with lower approval ratings and has gotten worse. And has no chance of winning the states Reagan did. Anyone saying he wins in a landslide is delusional.
Austin Dude is offline   Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 08:09 AM   #1392
gfejunkie

#FAKENEWSCNN???

Nate Silver??? (https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...tion-forecast/)

LMAO!!!

About as accurate as Paul Krugman.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:47 AM   #1393
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
#FAKENEWSCNN???

Nate Silver??? (https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...tion-forecast/)

LMAO!!!

About as accurate as Paul Krugman.

CNN did not do the polling in the first link. All they did was report the results of the Gallup poll.

And in the 2nd link, the article is citing polls done by Gallup, Ipsos, Rasmussen, and YouGov. Nate Silver and the others were only reporting the results of polls done by others.

As we've seen polls can be inaccurate. Do you links to any similar polls that would suggest Trump is more popular than shown in the polls mentioned in the 2 articles I cited?
Old 01-03-2018, 09:06 AM   #1394
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Actually, just braying “Fake News” is all it takes for them to feel better about the fact that their facts ain’t factual.

Fake President!

Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:16 AM   #1395
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Still whining about it a year later. I recommend a little cheese for that whine, poor baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Actually, just braying “Fake News” is all it takes for them to feel better about the fact that their facts ain’t factual.

Fake President!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women