Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

New Bio Pages
Top Reviewers
MoneyManMatt 451
cockalatte 450
daaaaaman 446
Still Looking 399
Jon Bon 335
Harley Diablo 312
honest_abe 297
nicemusic 285
You&Me 276
samcruz 261
txboi817 239
mriley000 232
lupegarland 230
dominos 226
Hawkeye9 216
Top Posters
DallasRain59561
pyramider45132
Yssup Rider42489
LexusLover41419
gman4441293
Still Looking35944
WTF34543
Mokoa34078
offshoredrilling32541
Mojojo32070
Chica Chaser31102
biomed128893
i'va biggen28773
CuteOldGuy28729
Wakeup27564

Old 10-07-2018, 05:14 PM   #1
roadcourse
Premium Access

Encounters: 7
Default Anonymous Email Account

I'm not an Information Technology person by any stretch of the imagination.

I have noticed a lot of the ladies on Eros and other similar places are using an email with xxx@protonmail.com

I Googled this and it is allegedly an anonymous email provider based in Switzerland.

Question: Does anyone with the proper credentials (other than just reading and believing proton's email site) know if it is completely anonymous? I obviously don't trust on things like this quickly. I can get a "fake" hotmail account but it can be traced through my IP address.

I need a completely anonymous address for reasons having nothing to do with what goes on here or the sport.

Thank you very much,

RC
roadcourse is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:45 PM   #2
guy fawkes
Professional African Male

Encounters: 44

https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2476288,00.asp
guy fawkes is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:16 PM   #3
MasterShake
Registered Member

Encounters: 1

Protonmail is reliable. Everything* is encrypted in your browser before it gets sent so even they cannot read your mail. Anything that gets sent externally gets encrypted the moment it reaches their systems.

* - Only between protonmail users.
MasterShake is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:47 PM   #4
courtesyphone
Registered Member

it depends on what you mean by completely anonymous. protonmail is probably as safe as any regular person has access to. but if you need protection against anything other than casual inspection, encrypted email providers are just a very small part of the defense*.

* pro tip: there is no good defense. only various flavors ranging from useless to costing more in time/money than your opponent wants to spend.

** oh and email is, by it's very nature completely insecure. since you won't be using it to communicate with only protonmail users, your messages will basically be like postcards sent through the mail. and even if you had a super nifty secret language you used, knowing who/when you messaged is *just by itself* extremely valuable information.
courtesyphone is offline   Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:44 AM   #5
roadcourse
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Thanks repliers. It sounds like there is not such a thing as anonymous email. To me, anonymous means anonymous. Keep the thread going as I really need one. Purpose is private of course ; )
roadcourse is offline   Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 09:04 PM   #6
Mr. Candel
Premium Access

Encounters: 1

If you really want to be anonymous with email, you will have to be anonymous with the internet overall. Consider a completely independent set of hardware and only log in through free wifi places. And, investigate using software that can jump your IP to other countries so you can't be easily traced. But know that there is no such thing as truly anonymous if a nation state wants to identify and find you. They can and will.
Mr. Candel is offline   Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:00 PM   #7
courtesyphone
Registered Member

i wanted to add that this is a human problem as much as a tech problem. even if your tech tools were 100 percent secure (oh god, no) you would still leave your laptop unlocked*, your burner phone in the glovebox, your shared bank account with a unexpected charge or an emergency contact that receives a call at exactly the wrong moment. this will happen because you are a human person and human persons make mistakes.

that isn't to say you shouldn't try and use good privacy/anonymizing techniques. only they are not sufficient.

*this is exactly how the guy running the silk road dark web site got busted.
courtesyphone is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women