Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70390
biomed160338
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452872
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47442
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35189
Mojojo33117

Old 11-12-2014, 08:25 PM   #61
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Really when 5 million less votes are cast for your party in the Senate in the last three cycles you think the Democrats are the disease and not Gerrymandering?

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...r-republicans/
A ThinkProgress review of the electoral results from 2010, 2012 and 2014 Senate races reveals that millions more Americans actually cast a vote for a Democratic Senate candidate than voted for a Republican candidate during the three election cycles that built the incoming Senate.
And that's exactly why the Founding Fathers created the Senate as the supposedly reflective chamber of Congress that is not subject to the whims of the mob.

The article dispels its own biased premise: "GOP-controlled Senate opens its first session next January, it will be strikingly unrepresentative of the voters who elected its members."
  1. "... no final tallies are available for 2014 .... because votes are still being counted in the 2014 cycle, it is likely that the final margins between Democrats and Republicans will shift once the final vote tallies are released."

2. "There are several possible explanations for how Republicans could enjoy a majority in the Senate when their candidates significantly underperformed their Democratic counterparts. One is the fundamentally anti-democratic nature of the Senate itself. Under the Constitution, each state receives two senators, regardless of population, which means that Wyoming residents effectively have 66 times as much representation in the Senate as Californians. In 2012, for example, 7,864,624 Americans voted to return Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) to the Senate. At the exact same time, Sen. John Barrasso (R-WY) received just 185,250 to return him to the Senate. Yet Feinstein and Barrasso both get to cast exactly one vote in the Senate despite the fact that Feinstein represents far more people than Barrasso." [Which means the folks in Wyoming ARE, in fact, being represented by they elected while those in California got who they voted for. Thinkprogress is being mendacious when they claim otherwise.]

I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:28 PM   #62
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

I thought it was given to us by Jesus when he presented the flamers the fucking constitution...
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:31 PM   #63
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
And that's exactly why the Founding Fathers created the Senate as the supposedly reflective chamber of Congress that is not subject to the whims of the mob.
Gerrymandering has cause that branch to slowly join the mob.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:32 PM   #64
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/11/09/baffled-canadian-writes-to-u-s-voters-after-midterm-you-dont-know-how-good-you-have-it-with-obama/

From the article:

For more than a decade, the Pew Research Center has been asking people around the world about their opinion of the United States. The upshot: In every region of the globe except the Middle East (where the United States was wildly unpopular under George W. Bush and remains so), America’s favorability is way up since Obama took office. In Spain, approval of the United States is 29 percentage points higher than when Bush left office. In Italy, it’s up 23 points. In Germany and France, it’s 22. With the exception of China, where the numbers have remained flat, the trend is the same in Asia. The U.S. is 19 points more popular in Japan, 24 points more popular in Indonesia, and 28 points more popular in Malaysia.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:36 PM   #65
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Gerrymandering has cause that branch to slowly join the mob.

First, there is no way to "gerrymander" a Senate race, and second, "Gerry", the epymonious governor whose name was first associated with that political ploy, was a Democrat.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:47 PM   #66
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
First, there is no way to "gerrymander" a Senate race, and second, "Gerry", the epymonious governor whose name was first associated with that political ploy, was a Democrat.
You are correct on both counts. In my haste, I misspoke, I should have blamed the so called nuke option as the reason for the Senate seemingly wanting/forced to morph into the House of representatives knee jerk state. . Gerrymandering is the sole propriety of the House..... and State legislatures.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:51 PM   #67
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/11/09/baffled-canadian-writes-to-u-s-voters-after-midterm-you-dont-know-how-good-you-have-it-with-obama/

From the article:

For more than a decade, the Pew Research Center has been asking people around the world about their opinion of the United States. The upshot: In every region of the globe except the Middle East (where the United States was wildly unpopular under George W. Bush and remains so), America’s favorability is way up since Obama took office. In Spain, approval of the United States is 29 percentage points higher than when Bush left office. In Italy, it’s up 23 points. In Germany and France, it’s 22. With the exception of China, where the numbers have remained flat, the trend is the same in Asia. The U.S. is 19 points more popular in Japan, 24 points more popular in Indonesia, and 28 points more popular in Malaysia.

Keep drinking the kool-aid speedy...

Foreigners see an Obama that is extremely generous with foreign aid and more supportive of foreign interests than American interests.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgr...ence-in-obama/

I bet the Mexicans, Guatemalans, Hondurans and El Salvadorians think he's swell too.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:14 PM   #68
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post

From the article:

For more than a decade, the Pew Research Center has been asking people around the world about their opinion of the United States. The upshot: In every region of the globe except the Middle East (where the United States was wildly unpopular under George W. Bush and remains so), America’s favorability is way up since Obama took office. In Spain, approval of the United States is 29 percentage points higher than when Bush left office. In Italy, it’s up 23 points. In Germany and France, it’s 22. With the exception of China, where the numbers have remained flat, the trend is the same in Asia. "The U.S. also gets mostly favorable marks in the predominantly Muslim nations of Indonesia and Malaysia." The U.S. is 19 points more popular in Japan, 24 points more popular in Indonesia, and 28 points more popular in Malaysia.
FTFY and the flagrantly biased author you are citing, speedy, the omitted quote was a statement in the PEW poll you were both selectively quoting.

BTW, speedy, it was reported today that U.S. Sailors were attacked in Istanbul by anti-American Protesters. So much for you basking in the glow of American popularity over seas, speedy.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:07 PM   #69
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Fragrantly biased? Like your dirty drawers?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

Like YOU could tell... But at least you could use the word "speedy" in one paragraph thrice. Betelgeuse, etc...
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 11:26 PM   #70
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
You and Zanybore need to come out of your Kool-aid soaked stupor. Corporate profits are up. Yeah. Once again, Obama's policies favor the 1% over the rest of us. You're proud of the rich getting richer, and the poor, especially African American poor getting screwed, fine. I noticed Zanybore hasn't provided any numbers on how much better blacks are faring under Obama. I wonder why? Oh yeah. THEY AREN'T!

The rich get richer, the poor and middle get screwed, and Fluffy and Zanybore are on the sidelines cheering this on. What pathetic Obamatomic losers. Terminal Obola.
Professor COF, have you ever heard of a Roth IRA or Mutual Fund? The DJIA has gained 10,000 points since Bush43 left office. The eccie repubtards love the trickle down theory. It's not Obama's fault that fortune 500 companies are not giving their low level employee's raises. With profits increasing 184%, there should be plenty enough to go around. If profits were going in the other direction, you would be screaming bloody murder.
flghtr65 is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:59 AM   #71
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by flghtr65 View Post
Professor COF, have you ever heard of a Roth IRA or Mutual Fund? The DJIA has gained 10,000 points since Bush43 left office. The eccie repubtards love the trickle down theory. It's not Obama's fault that fortune 500 companies are not giving their low level employee's raises. With profits increasing 184%, there should be plenty enough to go around. If profits were going in the other direction, you would be screaming bloody murder.
Yeah. Let's see where the DJIA is next year. The Fed is considering ending their massive influx of cash into the economy. If you're in the market, now is the time to get out. You'll thank me later.

On another topic, the Founders did not intend for the Senate to be popularly elected. We really need to repeal 1913. That's the year the FED was established, Senators were selected by popular election, and the income tax was established. The Unholy Trinity of Tyranny.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:55 AM   #72
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Yeah. Let's see where the DJIA is next year. The Fed is considering ending their massive influx of cash into the economy. If you're in the market, now is the time to get out. You'll thank me later.

On another topic, the Founders did not intend for the Senate to be popularly elected. We really need to repeal 1913. That's the year the FED was established, Senators were selected by popular election, and the income tax was established. The Unholy Trinity of Tyranny.
I hope I'm not so senile in another year that I can't remember your (and others on this forum) statements of impending doom in the stock market.

Do I like paying income taxes? Do I think that all my tax monies are spent well? Definitely not. But it is a small price to pay, especially when compared to most other similar nations, for living in this country. Time to look at what you've got compared to others and why you have it.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:04 AM   #73
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
Keep drinking the kool-aid speedy...

Foreigners see an Obama that is extremely generous with foreign aid and more supportive of foreign interests than American interests.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgr...ence-in-obama/

I bet the Mexicans, Guatemalans, Hondurans and El Salvadorians think he's swell too.
Simply pointing out that so many of you have blinders on. How much foreign aid do we give Spain, Germany, France and Italy? And if we do give these countries any aid at all, how much of it filters down to the average citizen and would affect their opinion of the U.S.?

Maybe it's as simple as people in those countries see the good in the U.S. and that it outweighs the bad.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:55 AM   #74
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by flghtr65 View Post
You obviously have a limited understanding of what has been going on with Quanitative Easing (QE). The government has been transferring 85 billion dollars a month from the taxpayers (thats you and me) to the stock market. This has been going on for about three years. So do the math, trillions of our dollars have been going to inflate a bubble in the stock market and the benificiaries have not been us. It has been the big stock holders in the land including many from overseas. That is why the stock market is up as high as it is. Now that is about to end. We shall see. The market may stay up or it may fall but you (and me) have paid for the pleasure of watching the market go up. Hope you enjoyed the show.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:27 AM   #75
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

You guys pointing to the stock market as a reflection of the economy doing well must have thought the sub prime lending was a good idea too.
The Stock market is a bubble waiting to burst.
Since 2008 the Government has made cheap money available by keeping the interest rates unrealistically low and flooding the market with cash through QE.
Large corporations are taking advantage of the cheap money and reducing their liabilities to shareholders through dividends by buying back their own stock at unprecedented rates. The stock prices are artificially inflated because the corporations buying back their own stock are willing to pay a premium not to have it in public circulation. Stock is a way of borrowing money. Why pay dividends to shareholders when it is cheaper to buy back your own stock and keep the dividends?

One of the problems this has created is a rate of return on investment savings by individuals putting their money in IRA's and the like. Let's say someone put away a million dollars over their lifetime counting on a 6% rate of return during retirement. That's $60000 per year they can probably live off of interest alone. Add in their SS and they planned on living fairly comfortable. But you can't get that rate of return anymore because the cheap money the Government is handing out keeps the interest rates artificially low. Large corporations aren't offering their stocks in a "free market" and they are over valued.
Most people in or nearing retirement stay away from risky stocks to avoid fluctuations but they will keep certain ones that are known to produce satisfactory dividends on a consistent basis.
My dad never "played the stock market" that much but he always had AT&T stock because of the consistency. That was 30 years ago. Problem is that even those companies are taking advantage of the low cost of money and creating an artificial bubble in their own stock prices by creating a demand because they are buying back their own stock.

With interest rates so low due to policy, now that $60000/year interest you were expecting is $15000. That's a big hit to take especially in retirement where the income is fixed. To add to that dilema our population is retiring at a record pace. Those portfolios were expected to be a major part of our economy. Now portfolios that have stock are over valued and highly vulnerable. Portfolios staying in the money markets are not receiving decent returns and it's harder for people to grow them or live off of them.

What happens when the government starts raising the interest rates? Those retirement portfolios in the money markets will be the last to see increasing returns because it will take time for the interest rise to make it that far. What will be worse is the corporations will no longer be able to afford the interest on what they have borrowed so they will look back to the markets to sell their stocks to borrow money. Once that stock starts hitting the market the prices will go down to reflect realistic corporate values not ones inflated by their own buy back policies. In other words the DJIA will see a major adjustment back to reality, at least, or worse. Companies that have leveraged themselves in the cheap money will be in serious trouble once their stock values fall because they won't be able to sell enough of their stock at high enough prices to pay off or service the growing debt . The resulting crash in the stock market will be as bad or worse than it was in 2008.

Once things adjust then hyperinflation will kick in. Interest rates will rise but not enough for those in retirement to recover from the loss in their portfolios due to inflation. Maybe they get back to earning $60000/year in interest but the inflation will increase the cost of living so that 60k still seems like 15k present value, or worse.
boardman is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women