Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Another Realm
Another Realm This forum is designed for those exploring alternative sexual practices and lifestyles. Whether a seasoned veteran of this scene, a newbie, or simply interested in broadening your sexual horizons, we hope you'll find the content of this forum stimulating and informative.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452866
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47432
pyramider46370
bambino40285
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 03-30-2011, 07:10 AM   #1
guest040811-4
Account Disabled

User ID: 69228
My ECCIE Reviews
Question Blood-letting

I have a peaked intrigue with this, and am aroused by blood. Do you think blood-letting is too risky to perform in a session? Perhaps a consent form should be signed beforehand...
guest040811-4 is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:55 AM   #2
Krunkman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

All depends on what type of blood play you want to do. Since you are wanting to play with blood, safety and cleanliness is important. You should make sure your play space is set up for the scene you want to do. If you want to play with needles, then a simple waterproof pad below the sheets is fine. If you expect there to be spatter (chainsaw play anyone?) then I might suggest doing it on a tiled surface.

You'll also need some basic knowledge in knowing what you are going to do and how to do it safely. Needles are relatively benign as far a blood play goes, but you need to know where its safe to stick them, and where it isn't.

Finally you'll need to have some info about your 'victim'... Do they have any blood disorders? Do they have a hard time clotting? Bad veins? Weak heart?

There's no reason to bother with a consent form. In situations like that its not likely to do you much good if something were to happen.

If bloodplay really turns you on, look up some of your local lifestyle groups and find out if anyone there does bloodplay, play piercings or knife play, and then sit down and ask lots of questions and maybe find yourself an eager guinea pig who knows what to expect.
Krunkman is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
guest043013-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Have you received your required OSHA blood borne pathogen training as well?

In general, all blood and mucous, and I guess any other body fluids should be treated as if the donor has been diagnosed as HIV positive, or hepatitis, etc.

I would suggest that any 'blood play' is well beyond the scope of activities for mere amatuers on this site and should be left to the realm of real professionals.
guest043013-2 is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #4
Guest061511-2
Account Disabled

User ID: 6596
My ECCIE Reviews

I agree with Tigercat. You should at least read up on blood borne pathogens, cross contamination, and maintaining a somewhat sterile field. Most of it is common sense, but still. Hope you find what you are looking for
Guest061511-2 is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:49 PM   #5
Guest050911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26

AO,

Solid advice here, and let's not forget the trust factor that is inherent in this kind of play. You are taking a risk and unless you both have had your testing done together, and establish trust. Make sure you have really studied up on your literature on the subject. This is potentially very dangerous, but understand your interest. I have to say that images I have seen of needles with corset lacing is amazingly hott.

PPE
Guest050911 is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #6
obanrocks
Valued Poster

Encounters: 40

Interesting Ao.
Do you want to do it? Or have it done to you? Or both?
obanrocks is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #7
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO. View Post
I have a peaked intrigue with this, and am aroused by blood. Do you think blood-letting is too risky to perform in a session? Perhaps a consent form should be signed beforehand...
I like the idea of a consent form if only to somewhat protect you if something does go wrong or the client/friend/acquantance suddenly decides to sue you because of damage or abuse or whatever else might come up.

In some of my classes that I attend at kink functions, contracts are mentioned. But I don't know how well that they could protect you but a consent form couldn't hurt!!!

Charges being brought against a person happens more than we might think. A rough scene, someone gets pretty bruised up and more and then suddenly, the police are brought in. I have also heard of people being sent to prison when scenes go wrong and something dire happens. It will change a person's life forever.

Sure. HIV and the other diseases are a concern. A lot. Use gloves and don't do anything dumb without some training or the very least, reading a lot.

This is an area that I find intriquing but I know nothing about. I've been in a few medical rooms in dungeon areas and felt close to fainting and had to leave. So that tells you a little bit about myself.

But when I HAVE seen the few that I have ... there have been gloves worn, alcohol, sterile gauze and a very sanitary environment. Under those circumstances, and with some know-how, I can see how it could be erotic.

The thin lines of cutting with a razor is something that I might actually consider trying. Probably NEVER with someone who is a client but with someone who is in the lifestyle.

I would do A LOT with an experienced lifestyle player that I wouldn't delve into in this sphere. But that's just me. You would probably find a lot of very excellent clients if you offered that service.

These are my thoughts.

Thanks for presenting this topic. It's a really good one!

Sincerely,
Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #8
guest043013-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Elisabeth,

Guess I did not relaize this was more mainstream than I thought.

As far as contracts and consent forms, I guess a lot depends on where you go with this. If the line is crossed into prostitution (an easy line to cross in Texas), I would think any contract or consent form would be void in regard to illegal activities. On the other hand, I guess if you didn't violate prostitution laws, then maybe the consent form would be valid.

TC
guest043013-2 is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:18 PM   #9
Garland_Bone
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

This has always been an interest of mine but have been afraid to ask or indulge. One would think the fear of hiv infection would scare most away.
Garland_Bone is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:47 PM   #10
lilsmurf
Valued Poster

Encounters: 40

I am a fucking vampire.
lilsmurf is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:13 AM   #11
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsmurf View Post
I am a fucking vampire.
That leads my mind to wander ...
Old 04-05-2011, 07:15 AM   #12
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercat View Post
Elisabeth,

As far as contracts and consent forms, I guess a lot depends on where you go with this. If the line is crossed into prostitution (an easy line to cross in Texas), I would think any contract or consent form would be void in regard to illegal activities. On the other hand, I guess if you didn't violate prostitution laws, then maybe the consent form would be valid.

TC
I wasn't really referring to acts of prostitution as much as a contract of consent between two adults. Please note that I am completely unfamiliar with this. (A little knowledge being a dangerous thing and all)

I just know that in some circles, this is frequent and sounds like a good idea.

Warmly,
Elisabeth
Old 04-05-2011, 07:58 AM   #13
Krunkman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercat View Post
Elisabeth,

TC
You are correct TC. Contracts can only protect you when you are obeying the law. If you enter into a contract with the intention of breaking the law, its considered null and void. Also if you enter into a contract fraudulently, the contract can be rendered void by the courts. Of course, all of this comes down to proving intent...
Old 04-05-2011, 08:05 AM   #14
Krunkman
Valued Poster

Blood play CAN be done safely. If it's something you truly want to pursue, find people around you who are blood players and ask to watch a session. Also educate yourself a little on it - what are the risk factors, what kind of things can be done safely, how much medical knowledge should I get, and what do I do if something goes wrong. All of that can be researched online through non-BDSM resources. It really depends on what you are looking to do.

Some good people to ask are medical (medics, nurses, dr's etc), but also piercers and any other vocation that deals with the human body and blood. They need to know things about the body and how to treat it.

It's also best if you find a partner whom you might want to have more than a one-off session. As the top, you can minimize a lot of risk by taking some simple precautions - use gloves, don't spatter the blood around, use betadine to sterilize the area, and dispose of your needles in a sharps container when done playing. You also may want to have some bandages and antiseptic ointment available to put on your needle dummy after playing to minimize the risk of injury or infections.

I would not suggest going into anything heavy until both you and your bottom are comfortable with one another AND you've educated yourself. It's always a good idea to seek out mentor's to watch and learn from before you try this at home.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:21 PM   #15
FishGuy13
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

I am one of those people who have just enough knowledge to be dangerous, PM for more info. Having said that were you wanting to bleed or cause the bleeding, or does it even have to be real blood or human for that matter.
Another thought there seem to be a lot of nurses who are also providers who would be ok with the sight of blood and perhaps would be willing to be there as a coach, helper, or safety backup.
Interesting, but not sure if I would act on it.
FishGuy13 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women