Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 01-12-2014, 12:33 PM   #1
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Default The MXT135 Equalizer

http://www.blogster.com/skipper12383...t-tech-systems

: The MXT135 Equalizer by Alliant Tech systems.......

Saturday, December 14th 2013 at 7:34pm by skipper12383

New U.S. Army Rifle:

The MXT135 Counter Defilade Target Engagement System has a range of roughly 7,800 feet - and is to be deployed in Afghanistan soon. I would call it the "Equalizer." Some call it the "Punisher".
The rifle's gun sight uses a laser range finder to determine the exact distance to the obstruction, after which the soldier can add or subtract up to 10 meters from that distance to enable the bullets to clear the barrier and explode above or beside the target.
Soldiers will be able to use them to target snipers hidden in trenches rather than calling in air strikes.
The 35-millimeter round contains a chip that receives a radio signal from the gun sight as to the precise distance to the target.
Lt. Col. Christopher Lehner, project manager for the system, described the weapon as a 'game-changer' that other nations will try and copy.
The Army plans to buy 42,500 of the MXT135 rifles this year, enough for every member of the infantry and special forces, at a cost of $11,900.00 each.
Lehner told Fox News: "With this weapon system, we take away cover from [enemy targets] forever. Tactics are going to have to be rewritten. The only thing we can see [enemies] being able to do is run away."

Experts say the rifle means that enemy troops will no longer be safe if they take cover. The MXT135 appears to be the perfect weapon for street-to-street fighting that troops in Afghanistan have to engage in, with enemy fighters hiding behind walls and only breaking cover to fire occasionally.
The weapon's laser finder would work out how far away the enemy was and then the U.S. Soldier would add one meter using a button near the trigger.
When fired, the explosive round would carry exactly one meter past the wall and explode with the force of a hand grenade above the Taliban fighter.
The army's project manager for new weapons, Douglas Tamilio, said: ''This is the first leap-ahead technology for troops that we've been able to develop and deploy."
A patent granted to the bullet's maker, Alliant Tech systems, reveals that the chip can determine how far it has traveled. Mr. Tamilio said: "You could shoot a Javelin missile, and it would cost about $69,000. These rounds will end up costing $45.00 apiece."
They're relatively cheap. Lehner added: "This is a game-changer. The enemy has learned to get cover, for hundreds if not thousands of years. Well, they can't do that anymore.
We're taking that cover from them and there's only two outcomes: We're going to get you behind that cover or force you to flee." The rifle will initially use high-explosive rounds, but its makers say that it might later use versions with smaller explosive charges that aim to stun rather than kill.

What one of the revolutionary bullets looks like that can be pre-programmed to explode to hit troops that are hiding.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:14 PM   #2
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

This will be great if it is only used by the military for specific targeted situations.

Who is going to tell the NRA to stay away?
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #3
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Who is going to tell the NRA to stay away?
No one. Standing in boots is required.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:44 PM   #4
RedLeg505
Oral Aficionado

Encounters: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
This will be great if it is only used by the military for specific targeted situations.
So, would you be FOR or AGAINST using it here in the states by SWAT type organizations such as the EPA has, not just the military? You know, against those nasty NRA types with all their guns and ammo that don't want the EPA taking their land to make wetlands preserves?
RedLeg505 is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:34 PM   #5
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

This looks like an effective tool for those engaged in tough counterinsurgency work and the like.

But before long, you may see small town and suburban SWAT teams from all over the country start clamoring for a bunch of those.

I mean, if they need armored personnel carriers and all sorts of other military and quasi-military hardware, why not?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1279983.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/tampa...esters-2011-11

I just love that one. Rescue? Whom are they planning to rescue, and from what?

But, hey, what the hell? Playing with all this stuff is a lot more fun than sitting around at the donut shop.

And it's only taxpayers' money, of course. There's an unlimited supply of that.

Right?
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:28 PM   #6
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

"that other Nations will try and copy"

We live in a global world. This technology will in due time be in the hands of those that would kill as many Americans as they could if given the opportunity.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:54 PM   #7
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
This looks like an effective tool for those engaged in tough counterinsurgency work and the like.

But before long, you may see small town and suburban SWAT teams from all over the country start clamoring for a bunch of those.

I mean, if they need armored personnel carriers and all sorts of other military and quasi-military hardware, why not?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1279983.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/tampa...esters-2011-11

I just love that one. Rescue? Whom are they planning to rescue, and from what?

But, hey, what the hell? Playing with all this stuff is a lot more fun than sitting around at the donut shop.

And it's only taxpayers' money, of course. There's an unlimited supply of that.

Right?
That is a M577 command vehicle was constructed to accommodate beaucoup communications equipment -- which would make sense trying to manage a disaster scenario. These things are probably relatively dirt cheap Army surplus, and the drive wheels and tracks have been modified for hardball surface.

Note the antenna array and attached shelter for additional room in this picture:

Don't see a need for every infantry soldier receiving a MXT135 rifles nor making it standard issue for a SWAT team. There's a lot to said for suppressive fire, and the weight and cost of each 35mm round wouldn't allow for that.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:55 PM   #8
stevepar
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVQ8byG2mY8
stevepar is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:06 PM   #9
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLeg505 View Post
So, would you be FOR or AGAINST using it here in the states by SWAT type organizations such as the EPA has, not just the military? You know, against those nasty NRA types with all their guns and ammo that don't want the EPA taking their land to make wetlands preserves?
Don't forget the TSA "needs" them too!

What is your "personal opinion" on the matter bigKotex?
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:20 PM   #10
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Default The Gun That Aims Itself

I wonder if this scope is part of the platform...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBC8IFWC1P0
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:39 PM   #11
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
"that other Nations will try and copy"

We live in a global world. This technology will in due time be in the hands of those that would kill as many Americans as they could if given the opportunity.
And it will likely not be all that long.
What is the last great technological breakthrough that some greedy American wasn't willing to sell for a few $$s? Or a fine upstanding American company?
Even more than foreign countries I am concerned about terrorists, drug cartels, and gangs getting them.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:05 PM   #12
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
That is a M577 command vehicle was constructed to accommodate beaucoup communications equipment -- which would make sense trying to manage a disaster scenario. These things are probably relatively dirt cheap Army surplus, and the drive wheels and tracks have been modified for hardball surface.
I can imagine occasional circumstances under which vehicles such as this might be useful in a catastrophic disaster scenario. But isn't that sort of thing generally considered to be the purview of state governments, or of the National Guard?

My understanding is that state departments of public safety typically own a number of armored personnel carriers and various weapons systems not typically utilized by local police departments.. The same may be true of large, crime-ridden, riot-prone cities like Los Angeles. But if medium-sized cities own them as well, isn't that an egregious waste of money by someone?

My only point, essentially, is that quite a bit of hardware has been purchased by police departments of smaller towns and suburbs, some of which have fairly low historical crime rates.

Like this, for instance:

http://www.examiner.com/article/why-...mored-vehicles

Although cities may get some surplus stuff cheaply, I doubt that most of it's likely to be inexpensive to maintain and operate year after year.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:19 PM   #13
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
I can imagine occasional circumstances under which vehicles such as this might be useful in a catastrophic disaster scenario. But isn't that sort of thing generally considered to be the purview of state governments, or of the National Guard?

My understanding is that state departments of public safety typically own a number of armored personnel carriers and various weapons systems not typically utilized by local police departments.. The same may be true of large, crime-ridden, riot-prone cities like Los Angeles. But if medium-sized cities own them as well, isn't that an egregious waste of money by someone?

My only point, essentially, is that quite a bit of hardware has been purchased by police departments of smaller towns and suburbs, some of which have fairly low historical crime rates.

Like this, for instance:

http://www.examiner.com/article/why-...mored-vehicles
It could be a waste of money. IDK. The M577 is Vietnam Era military equipment, and it is probably available for a fraction of the cost of new generation equipment.

Some states utilize enormous -- new -- RVs as tactical command centers. Those are larger and would accommodate more HQ personnel, but they wouldn't survive a high wind (hurricane) situation or be able to perform any off road (swamp) missions like a M577. The M577 would be expensive to operate.

The MRAPs is impractical for police work, IMO. It's very, very expensive to purchase, operate and maintain. It's also a dangerous vehicle to operate. It has a high rollover rate. It does one thing very well. It protects troops from IEDs.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:38 PM   #14
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

They probably really only need a few of these, IBDouchebag!

Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:35 AM   #15
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
And it will likely not be all that long.

What is the last great technological breakthrough that some greedy American wasn't willing to sell for a few $$s? Or a fine upstanding American company?

Even more than foreign countries I am concerned about terrorists, drug cartels, and gangs getting them.

You forgot to mention some US president trying to buy prestige from our enemies.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women