Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70397
biomed160372
Yssup Rider59877
gman4452895
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47461
pyramider46370
bambino40289
CryptKicker37069
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35232
Mojojo33117

Old 03-28-2011, 09:11 AM   #31
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatdaty View Post
I am so sure in this case there is anything sneaky or duplicitous going on. It is pure common sense that seems to elude our politicians.
Word!

Another example of Swiss common sense was evidence in their version of TARP. As I've noted repeatedly (and WTF still fails to grasp), the financial crisis with our banks back in late 2008 was largely a liquidity problem caused by a flight to quality (i.e., government bonds) which is a fancy name for a high-tech bank run. The US had to politicize the thing -- "bailing out the banks", "paying bonuses with our money", and make it a giant Christmas tree for all of the special interests (e.g., GM, etc.). The Swiss just went to their banks and offered them a loan on terms that would make a shylock wince. No angst, just a straight up financial deal. Their mess was over in a few months and the government pocketed a very tidy profit.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #32
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

User ID: 59709

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Word!

Another example of Swiss common sense was evidence in their version of TARP. As I've noted repeatedly (and WTF still fails to grasp), the financial crisis with our banks back in late 2008 was largely a liquidity problem caused by a flight to quality (i.e., government bonds) which is a fancy name for a high-tech bank run. The US had to politicize the thing -- "bailing out the banks", "paying bonuses with our money", and make it a giant Christmas tree for all of the special interests (e.g., GM, etc.). The Swiss just went to their banks and offered them a loan on terms that would make a shylock wince. No angst, just a straight up financial deal. Their mess was over in a few months and the government pocketed a very tidy profit.
I am working in switzerland since 2006 once a month and i have been aware to a very suspicious extent on how much the USA and the swiss seem to be interwoven financially and even military-wise. For switzerland being a neutral country it has a hell lot of "military personal" starting their missions from switzerland. Is there actually any proof of that?
I am sure you all are aware of what happened the year before last year with Basel and the bank and the bank secret of UBS and the USA involvement. Big scandal.

I have to say i like the swiss though and it strikes me as interesting that the business is so much different from US-business, i thought the practices to be very similar, especially with taxes etc. I thought ( i might be wrong) that the reason for the similarity is because they are quite common in their attitudes towards money and taxes. But again - i am not an expert on these kind of things.

So far i have to say swiss are easy, there are a few things that are annoying but some things make more sense financially than they do in Austria. I find it very funny actually, that switzerland has a law!!!!! that allows EU citizens to work 90 days a year without paying taxes for switzerland. (lol) Its not supposed to be for massage therapists like myself (lol) , but for guestworkers, but you can at about imagine how much i profit from that. I never work more than 90 days a year AND legally don`t pay taxes (except in Austria - but not the whole percentage taht is required - just a dividend of the difference between the supposed swiss taxes and the austrian taxes...so thanks switzerland for that, love it!!! One time no paying taxes and one time not the usual amount. Its like christmas and easter together ...). That IS funny and so Anti Swiss. I am still "lolling" on that one.
NinaBrooke is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #33
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Any third grader can do the math:

10X35=350 or 1000X3.5=3,500
Seems to be the opposite of hooker math. Just sayin'.

[Now, I'm sitting back to watch. ]
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:01 AM   #34
phatdaty
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
Word!

Good point, and we might begin to see the same thing happen with individual tax bills.

The last time I was down to Belize I noticed that many of the small Atolls now have tidy little estates on them. Not huge mansions, just comfortable homes with a boat slip and fast boat. I ask the divemaster about it and he chuckled, being a retired guy that is a recent ex-patriot of the U.S.

Apparently the government of Belize is actively recruiting people of the upper middle class in the U.S. to renounce their U.S. citizenship and move all of their retirement assets to their banks. Once you establish residency and move down there, you pay NO TAXES for the rest of your life.

Why?

Because it both stimulates their economy and enhances the community in many other ways. They know that retired U.S. citizens still have a great deal to offer society in wisdom, time, and energy. After a while we do get tired of simply fishing, diving and sipping boat drinks and try our hand at part time industry, even if it is just a hobby. It is, as Mr. Sheen would say, a "win, win, won scenario for those with tiger blood."

I have to admit as much as I would be reluctant to salute another flag, I understand the allure. If you have dove the reefs of Turneffe or been around the blue hole, it is beautiful down there. It is becoming the Tampa of the SW continent with better fishing and diving and more importantly less government.
phatdaty is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #35
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
How do I get a gnome job??? I can be extremely slow and unfriendly. But I'm a quick cummer.
seems - same like me - you have all the requirements it takes :-) - no further proof needed
ps: (that`s how i got my job as well- but don`t tell anyone....:-))).....)
Old 03-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #36
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Phatdaddy, agreed, any third grader can do the math and see the trend. The fact that there is a stampede of companies migrating their head quarters outta here negates debate about it happening. It isn't circumstantial evidence but rather empirical evidence.

For a few dollars more seems to have become our national cry. Trying to get a few more bucks per widget or a few dollars less in taxes has become national policy. Who will be left to buy the widgets, and what companies will be left to shore up the federal government?
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:18 AM   #37
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Quote:
Good point, and we might begin to see the same thing happen with individual tax bills.

The last time I was down to Belize I noticed that many of the small Atolls now have tidy little estates on them. Not huge mansions, just comfortable homes with a boat slip and fast boat. I ask the divemaster about it and he chuckled, being a retired guy that is a recent ex-patriot of the U.S.

Apparently the government of Belize is actively recruiting people of the upper middle class in the U.S. to renounce their U.S. citizenship and move all of their retirement assets to their banks. Once you establish residency and move down there, you pay NO TAXES for the rest of your life.

Why?

Because it both stimulates their economy and enhances the community in many other ways. They know that retired U.S. citizens still have a great deal to offer society in wisdom, time, and energy. After a while we do get tired of simply fishing, diving and sipping boat drinks and try our hand at part time industry, even if it is just a hobby. It is, as Mr. Sheen would say, a "win, win, won scenario for those with tiger blood."

I have to admit as much as I would be reluctant to salute another flag, I understand the allure. If you have dove the reefs of Turneffe or been around the blue hole, it is beautiful down there. It is becoming the Tampa of the SW continent with better fishing and diving and more importantly less government.
well sure, i agree . To each its own. Everyone fights with the weapons he has. Its not that USA would be "not" doing something ,just to save some other countries monetary balance?

Point being - in europe we are accustomed to the fact that our products get handled in eastern europe or even africa or in cheap countries because even delivering the stuff there is cheaper than handling it directly in austria (western europe). Its bad for example for animal transports, its uttlery ridiculous......and cruel......
So i assume in the USA you are not used to "export" businesses for profits? (sorry for being dumb on that one).

There was a funny movie a few years ago about some american company making a phone hotline service in India. anyone know what its called again?

I think it does not help to just downsize on taxes in the USA to make it more attractive for companies since it would cut down on other benefits. I am not sure on how to handle such things, but i feel if we all just get a t the same level like mexico just because life is cheaper there it is not a real help.
Besides , a lot of people love the USA and want to live there AND pay taxes and eventually have companies that pay. So - its hope here (Point being - get all the freakin`euro-hookers to the USA and the swiss will beg for mercy and do all you say ..:-)........)
Old 03-28-2011, 10:53 AM   #38
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
How do I get a gnome job??? I can be extremely slow and unfriendly. But I'm a quick cummer.
Do you have a pointed hat?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gnome.jpg (3.8 KB, 35 views)
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:21 AM   #39
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
If you have dove the reefs of Turneffe or been around the blue hole, it is beautiful down there.
Nice place to visit, but the infrastructure sucks. Belize City has yet to recover from Hurricane Hattie which hit in 1961. The Rose, a cantina/house of ill repute, near the airport is nice too, but I still wouldn't want to live there.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:35 AM   #40
phatdaty
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Nice place to visit, but the infrastructure sucks. Belize City has yet to recover from Hurricane Hattie which hit in 1961. The Rose, a cantina/house of ill repute, near the airport is nice too, but I still wouldn't want to live there.
Oh, you don't want to live on the mainland. Live on one of the small islands and pay a local a very modest fee to deliver everything by boat.

phatdaty is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #41
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Do you have a pointed hat?
That's me: short, fat, bald. Sorry, but I only have ballcaps to keep the head from getting sunburned.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women