Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Iowa > The Sandbox - Iowa
The Sandbox - Iowa The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70404
biomed160475
Yssup Rider59901
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47508
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35317
Mojojo33117

Old 05-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #16
Guest070713-02
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 4

Sorry for the last post ... was not tactful, especially the last part ... sorry Jewels. I wish I could edit my post after the fact, but don't see any way to do so. Didn't mean to pick on you, even that is what it appeared to be. My apologies.

I guess the whole situation is just a sore point with me ... I've seen to way, way too many people get discriminated against and it just rubs me the wrong way. What's even worse is that nobody is willing to stand up against the criminals running these companies. Or the media who publishes the lies so nobody knows what is really going on. Major companies would rather lie to the public, file false paperwork with the criminals in the government they are conspiring with, so they can legally (or illegally) import workers from Mexico, China, Indian, etc. All on based on the lie that they cannot find qualified workers in the US. The truth is that there are plenty of people in the US who would be THRILLED to get a good paying job ... its just that most of these companies REFUSE to hire them.
Guest070713-02 is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #17
Honk
Premium Access

Encounters: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by game1 View Post
My question is then why just blame Obama, why not blame George w bush, all our current problems started with his administration, and now one in the 8 years he ran the country into the ground blames him.
Look at who mandated to lending companies that they lessen their lending requirements for home loans.....if you think it was GW Bush I've got a bridge to sell you.

Also look at who just tried to push lenders to do the same thing again.

Remember the term 'sub prime mortgage'??
Honk is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #18
sweetblonde2
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 132424
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by aGuyInIowa View Post
To sweetblonde2, sorry but I've been away and just got back. Why did you decide not to stick up for the rights of those previously incarcerated ? Do you think that going to jail for something should mean that no employer will ever hire you; FOREVER, and that these people should be thrown on the trash heap of society? Do you think that is ok ? Really ? That is the way it currently is because no one is willing to stick up for these people. You evidently are the same: a coward.
I think you are forgetting that this is simply a research paper for my senior project. I paper that I would like to get a good grade one. The instructions for the paper are find two unique solutions to the problem that was presented to me. I'm sure as heck not going to put a big grip...whether it be about Obama (in which I do agree with everything that everyone here has said about that issue, and I'm not going to argue the point of hiring those who have been to prison.) There is a time and place to make such arguments...but my paper is not the appropriate place. I don't have the time to research such issues to be able to get my paper written by the date I have to do so by. This does not make me a coward...it simply means I want to do a good job and graduate with a good GPA.
sweetblonde2 is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #19
game1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honk View Post
Look at who mandated to lending companies that they lessen their lending requirements for home loans.....if you think it was GW Bush I've got a bridge to sell you.

Also look at who just tried to push lenders to do the same thing again.

Remember the term 'sub prime mortgage'??
Well honk I will buy that bridge, because mortgage companies have been lowering home loan standards before most of us heard of Obama, that's one of the many reasons people lost there homes. Remember Obama has only been in office for 4 1/2 years, this problem has been going on well before he took office.
game1 is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #20
TeaBag_Plain
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by game1 View Post
Well honk I will buy that bridge, because mortgage companies have been lowering home loan standards before most of us heard of Obama, that's one of the many reasons people lost there homes. Remember Obama has only been in office for 4 1/2 years, this problem has been going on well before he took office.
I think Honk is referring to Clinton.
TeaBag_Plain is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #21
Guest070713-02
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetblonde2 View Post
This does not make me a coward...it simply means I want to do a good job and graduate with a good GPA.
Already apologized as that comment was out of line.

And yes the subject of corporate America refusing to hire anyone with a criminal record is well researched and very complicated; and perhaps too big of scope for such a paper. But it is almost completely ignored as well; so bringing it to the attention of your instructors would most likely have raised eyebrows and gotten it some attention ... good except for perhaps your GPA, lol.

If you or anyone else wishes to explore the issue here is a good place to start:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...rceration_rate

The US has more men in prison than any country on earth ... by far ... and most of these crimes are related to drug use. As others have pointed out, by making them "unemployable" it renders these people dependent on government handouts and makes them lifelong democrats ... its the only way they can survive when they have no way to get a job. Like immigration, the Republicans are being extremely stupid here ... its no wonder an idiot like Obama can get and stay in office.

Sorry for the political rant. Good luck on your classwork and have fun on your upcoming visit to DM !
Guest070713-02 is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #22
cyfan769
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 9

Jewels, be happy to critique your paper for you when you finish if you would like. We all want to see you get a good grade ;-).
cyfan769 is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #23
jdark7
Registered Member

Encounters: 17

Not sure if you've written the paper yet or not, but...

What about creating an app/game that helps teach people skills required for the jobs that are hard to fill?

I know a lot of these jobs are related to setting up assembly line machines, so you could have games that at a basic level teach you to understand the basic though processes and techniques that go into solving an employers particular problem.

Plus you'd be creating more jobs in the tech field to develop the training programs.

Then we all have more money to spend on time with Jewels! Win-Win-Oh-so-much-win.
jdark7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:04 PM   #24
sweetblonde2
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 132424
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdark7 View Post
Not sure if you've written the paper yet or not, but...

What about creating an app/game that helps teach people skills required for the jobs that are hard to fill?

I know a lot of these jobs are related to setting up assembly line machines, so you could have games that at a basic level teach you to understand the basic though processes and techniques that go into solving an employers particular problem.

Plus you'd be creating more jobs in the tech field to develop the training programs.

Then we all have more money to spend on time with Jewels! Win-Win-Oh-so-much-win.

I haven't finished my paper as of yet...but have started it...and with kids now days so addicted to video games...that's a pretty good idea...thank you for the input...and I agree.
sweetblonde2 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women