Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160295
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 02-27-2024, 09:10 AM   #16
pertpvyztrzv
Premium Access

Encounters: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
I'm trying to figure out how to get an MP4 file onto ECCIE to show the depth of the reach of da gubmint, but it doesn't seem likely and links to the file on-line keep drying up - mysteriously.
ECCIE isn't going to host a bunch of attachments, too much space and space is $$$.

Try putting the file in proton drive or mega.nz then get a link from that service. Proton and Mega are encrypted, so that's a start.
pertpvyztrzv is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 09:26 AM   #17
pertpvyztrzv
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico7 View Post
Sorry, I'm late to this discussion. I use a VPN (supposedly no log records), but I don't understand the "unique ID" aspect as it relates to tracking etc. Am I still leaving a trail despite the VPN? Would it be possible for you to briefly elaborate on the mechanics so those of us without a background in IT or cybersecurity can understand? Thanks.

IF you're feeling generous: how do some sites know I use a VPN? Why do they block me, and is there a workaround? Thanks again.
Kind of deep in the woods - I don't worry about my browser fingerprint. Your browser has a finger print that consists of everything a website can get from your browser - What kind of browser, extensions, fonts, width/height, what OS you use Mac or windows etc... You may be unique depending on all that or you may not.

TOR browser tries to combat this by making it's browser like everyone else, so you get lost in the masses. Security by looking like everyone else and not unique.

Like real fingerprints, if your fingerprint isn't in a database, they're not going to be able to associate your fingerprint with you, until you get caught. There are plenty of bigger things to worry about.

All Enterprise firewalls can determine what application you are using and can tell you're using a VPN. Banks and other sites think you're only using a VPN to hide criminal activity. Not a fan, but nothing you can do.

VPNs and Tor used to be blocked because there were list of IP addresses of VPNs and Tor exit nodes a firewall could use to block those IPs. That's not the case today. Firewalls are sophisticated today, they can look at more than just an IP address.

You MIGHT be able to bypass if a company is lazy and only uses IP lists by building your own so the IP you're coming from is unknown and unlisted anywhere.
Old 02-27-2024, 10:00 AM   #18
rico7
Premium Access

Encounters: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertpvyztrzv View Post
Kind of deep in the woods - I don't worry about my browser fingerprint. Your browser has a finger print that consists of everything a website can get from your browser - What kind of browser, extensions, fonts, width/height, what OS you use Mac or windows etc... You may be unique depending on all that or you may not.

TOR browser tries to combat this by making it's browser like everyone else, so you get lost in the masses. Security by looking like everyone else and not unique.

Like real fingerprints, if your fingerprint isn't in a database, they're not going to be able to associate your fingerprint with you, until you get caught. There are plenty of bigger things to worry about.

All Enterprise firewalls can determine what application you are using and can tell you're using a VPN. Banks and other sites think you're only using a VPN to hide criminal activity. Not a fan, but nothing you can do.

VPNs and Tor used to be blocked because there were list of IP addresses of VPNs and Tor exit nodes a firewall could use to block those IPs. That's not the case today. Firewalls are sophisticated today, they can look at more than just an IP address.

You MIGHT be able to bypass if a company is lazy and only uses IP lists by building your own so the IP you're coming from is unknown and unlisted anywhere.
Fascinating stuff - appreciate the response.
rico7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 06:14 PM   #19
GhostRiderYYZ
Premium Access

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico7 View Post
Sorry, I'm late to this discussion. I use a VPN (supposedly no log records), but I don't understand the "unique ID" aspect as it relates to tracking etc. Am I still leaving a trail despite the VPN? Would it be possible for you to briefly elaborate on the mechanics so those of us without a background in IT or cybersecurity can understand? Thanks.

IF you're feeling generous: how do some sites know I use a VPN? Why do they block me, and is there a workaround? Thanks again.
It is a simple DNS reverse lookup. VPN domains have a set of registered IP ranges so when you connect to a VPN on IP 203.132.45.166 they change the data packet so it has an IP of say.. 194.231.12.143 which is registered to THEM and their location.

Some sites have firewall rules that block any IP address that is registered to VPN companies..
GhostRiderYYZ is offline   Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 03:58 PM   #20
satx78209
Premium Access

Encounters: 21

The original question was this. Can the company where I was located know that I logged on to ECCIE my personal laptop? Can they go back and history and link my Eccie logo Yo my personal IP laptop??There’s not a server it was simply a spectrum modem.

I’m trying to figure out out if they could find this dirt on me if they were really interested.

This is not related to LE, the mrs, or Gvmt.

Employer / employee potential dispute
satx78209 is offline   Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 04:14 PM   #21
pertpvyztrzv
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by satx78209 View Post
The original question was this. Can the company where I was located know that I logged on to ECCIE my personal laptop? Can they go back and history and link my Eccie logo Yo my personal IP laptop??There’s not a server it was simply a spectrum modem.

I’m trying to figure out out if they could find this dirt on me if they were really interested.

This is not related to LE, the mrs, or Gvmt.

Employer / employee potential dispute
The answer is always probably yes. In the responses has been ways to prevent that. But do they care?

If you're only worried about spectrum, if you were at a different location that didn't use spectrum, then no one at spectrum would have access to that info.

Only certain employees are going to have access to that info anyway. Without a court order or spectrum employee you really pissed off, I'm pretty sure your secret is safe.

Your data isn't only in your "modem", from your modem it travels through a bunch of Spectrums equipment. Which keeps logs of what's happening.

Why the spike in blood pressure? They're not going to have your login info, unless you give it to them. So you hit a website that talks about all sorts of stuff. Not like it's C**** P***. Even if they had that and wanted to be malicious, without knowing your username, it's pretty pointless.

Get back on your meds.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women