Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47409
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 06-23-2018, 09:43 PM   #1
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Encounters: 52
Default ~2018-2019 San Antonio Spurs Superthread ~

Spurs Nation is back!!!

Lots going on to kick off our 2018-2019 Spurs season...

First, on everyone's mind is, What the hell is up with Kawhi?

Kawhi and Pop met this last week on Tuesday in an apparent "good" conversation and has two more meetings set up. RC Buford wants him to stay. Doesn't sound like Spurs brass ready to give up on him.

My guess is a trade is forthcoming to an eastern team willing to take him for a year. All the talk is a trade is coming, just a matter of when and which Eastern team will play ball. Just remember OKC with Paul George. A team may very well give us a decent return I'm not sold on a Boston trade. We may not see one until trade deadline to a team who wants to make a finals push. I have a working theory to Orlando to get Simmons back who wanted to stay here. But that's just one of a handful of scenarios. I also have heard Bucks, Philly, Atlanta, Boston and others are interested. Its going to be a process, but could happen sooner. Stay tuned...

Draft night was a steal! Lonnie Walker and Chimezie Metu look like solid players.

Metu comes with a Duncan style bank shot, his own hook, and lots of athleticism and shot blocking ability. He should be starting immediately I hope. Reminds me of Capela, but can shoot from 20 ft plus. Really liking this kid.

Walker a Wade type SG, can't wait to see him play. As with all rookies, will see what happens. Lonnie is apparently the steal of the 2018 NBA Draft. I certainly hope so. His highlight reel looks solid! He needs a haircut though lol. Had to say it.

Check their highlights below!

In other news, the Spurs Silver Dancers are out and being replaced by a hype team. Pretty lame. Going to games wont be as "exciting". Please feel free to post random Silver Dancer photos throughout the season. In memory of our fabulous ladies here was the last dance team to put on the Silver and Black. They will be deeply missed on and off the court....

Spurs 2018-2019 Season as with the offseason is officially underway. Please post anything Spurs here. Trades, news, game highlights, photos at the game, you name it put it in here! Cheers to another season with the San Antonio Spurs...

Old 06-23-2018, 09:52 PM   #2
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Default Current Roster Situation

Currently Ready to Suit Up and Under Contract

LaMarcus Aldridge
Dejante Murray
Pau Gasol
Patty Mills
Danny Green
Lonnie Walker
Chimezie Metu

Free Agents Waiting to be Signed or Opt In
Tony Parker FA
Kyle Anderson FA
Bryn Forbs FA
Davis Bertans FA
Jeoffry Lauvergne (opt in available)
Manu Ginobili (opt in available)

Departed Players
Rudy Gay - opted out few days ago. Seeking free agency and likely not back to San Antonio. Looks like he might be looking at Miami as of 3 days ago.

And Then...
Kawhi Leonard - 50/50. If we lose him, likely that Parker or Manu don't return. Ginobili likely retires, Parker heads to Boston, Philly or Houston according to sources. The balance of the Spurs is on Leonard.

Free Agents being Pursued
Avery Bradley
Nikola Mirotic

2018-19 roster may look drastically different over next couple of weeks. So far 2 rookies and only 5 returning guys. None of our native G league guys are expected back, but will see. I think Pop is still high on a couple of them, I hope not though. Can't wait for this nightmare to end, or is it starting. We may be heading into a lottery season. If Leonard isn't on board, I see us trading everyone for future picks but the new rooks and Murray. Might as well start "The Process" in SA.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:14 AM   #3
luvchixnthongs
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

We need to keep Kawhi. I'm paying a lot of money for my season tickets!
Old 06-24-2018, 08:39 AM   #4
SpursFan
Long time hobbyist

Encounters: 200

Great synopsis Dr. G.

The Spurs Silver Dancers have been disbanded? Say it isn't so.

Kawhi is the domino.

SF
Old 06-24-2018, 08:42 AM   #5
hittinit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 73

I say let Kawhi walk and the owners need to cut Buford & Popp as well. This franchise needs an enema.

Who know's what the real truth is about Kawhi - what he said and who he told. However, Buford's interview the other night kinda proved there's friction there.

My nightmare is local/national media agree that Popp won't leave the franchise in disarray. He (and Buford) are the REASONS the franchise is now in disarray. They did NOTHING to prep for the eventual departures of Gino, Parker and Duncan. They lived (in the Dominion most likely) off of their coat-tails for the past 20 years plus.The franchise got content and "fat."

Duncan said "it's not fun anymore" when he hung up the sneaks. Your TWO BEST PLAYERS have BOTH asked to be traded in the past two off seasons! N-O-T G-O-O-D. That will likely put a damper on any other free agents wanting to come here.

Regarding the draft...I can see this walker guy in the back-court with Murray. But I don't see Murray as "the" franchise point guard. And Popp doesn't give rookies many minutes regardless so throw that out of the window.

Rudy Gay...opts out. Likely see's no more "rings" won by this franchise any time soon.

Back to Kawhi...gets butt hurt by Gino's/Parker's/Popp's comments. He's our whiny version of kevin durant. I don't believe Manu/Tony return if they in fact do bring leonard back - the last of the big three. Championships and winning seasons - and ticket sales - likely begin to fade. Worst case - franchise moves.

And we all know how Popp is: he was determined to make it to the playoffs as a "screw you" to leonard, saying, "we can win without you." Well we can maybe make the playoffs without him but that's most likely it. So, coach popp, put your money where your mouth is, cause 3 of the top 4 picks went to the western conference.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:03 AM   #6
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpursFan View Post
Great synopsis Dr. G.

The Spurs Silver Dancers have been disbanded? Say it isn't so.

Kawhi is the domino.

SF
Sadly, it is so. Can read the full story here and all other San Antonio News or Media sites. We will be the only franchise without cheerleaders. Lakers came on a day later saying they will never disband their girls, ever.

http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/sp...purs-hype-team

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...o-12931304.php

I will put up random images of our girls through the years in remembering the Silver Dancers in this thread. Feel free to do the same throughout the season.

Speaking of upper management, sounds like whoever is running the show above Pop and Buford are morons also. Ever since Holt resigned from the Owner position, things have got worse.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:08 AM   #7
00 gauge
Lifetime Premium Access

in reply to hittnit's post, I think the "enema" the Spurs need is to just go ahead and trade Kawhi now and get the best package of players/draft pics that you can for him ..... if you wait until the trade deadline to do it the offers will diminish greatly if the team trading for him is worried about him being only a 3 month rental ..... and no, definitely do NOT trade him to any team in Los Angeles ..... send him east and hope Boston or the Sixers can convince him to stay long term .....
Old 06-25-2018, 08:20 AM   #8
hittinit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 gauge View Post
in reply to hittnit's post, I think the "enema" the Spurs need is to just go ahead and trade Kawhi now and get the best package of players/draft pics that you can for him ..... if you wait until the trade deadline to do it the offers will diminish greatly if the team trading for him is worried about him being only a 3 month rental ..... and no, definitely do NOT trade him to any team in Los Angeles ..... send him east and hope Boston or the Sixers can convince him to stay long term .....
I agree but is kawhi game-worthy healthy? I thought I heard his sister tweeted that he was at 96%. 96% of WHAT? The season (nba finals) JUST ended and now he's good to go? Something about this whole thing just stinks to hi-heaven and I certainly don't know anything about his game-condition condition. Does any other team?

I believe I do know ONE thing: Spurs don't usually keep a "bad seed." Their mantra has always been team-first. Should be interesting. Franchise is definitely in a state of flux though. Luckily football is two months away.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:15 AM   #9
00 gauge
Lifetime Premium Access

Yeah I think the Spurs should know about the time the pre-season games are played if Kawhine is ready to go or not ..... if he refuses to play (still thinks he's not healthy) then that will hurt the Spurs chances of trading him if the other teams think he's damaged goods, and then that may hurt the Spurs in getting fair value for him ..... but if he insists on being a pouty drama queen simply because the Spurs won't trade him to the team he wants to go to, then by all means move him and hope for the best ..... I'm sure Pop doesn't want or need that distraction .....
Old 06-25-2018, 03:43 PM   #10
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

I give it until before July 1st. That's the deadline Kawhi has to sign a supermax extension. Even more so, if Lebron doesnt sign with Cavs by then with his extension, we know he is on the move and I do believe these two are linked in some way, and Lakers were the preferred destination since Paul George could sign also for all three to play. If it's not here in SA, it will be in Philly or somewhere that can accommodate these two players in the East. James is likely waiting to see where Kawhi gets traded to, or see if both can coexist here with Pop is a reality. Will find out soon enough. But I think these two guys want to team up to take down Golden State. Just my opinion. Spurs have been mentioned more as of late with Kawhi and Lebron and it all depends on Leonard's relationship, and Pau Gasol getting moved.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:41 PM   #11
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Interesting move today with Clippers sending A. Rivers to Washington in exchange for Marcin Gortat. Gortat is a formidable starting Center. Reports are Clippers are looking to move on from Jordan and facilitate a trade for the big man.

Speculation is that the Clippers want Leonard and are willing to trade Deandre Jordan as well as other assets (Tobias Harris among others and draft picks) possibly to acquire him.

Clippers have been a rumored landing spot for Lebron on ESPN radio as they said he would instantly be the best Clipper to put on the uniform just stepping into the gym. Not to mention, both Kawhi and James want to play in LA and possibly for the same team as mentioned above, just they had the Lakers in mind, but the Clippers would be just as good as they play in the same building. With Steve Balmer as owner, lets keep watching. This has maybe 5 percent reality chance.

In all liklihood, Jordan is being traded to Dallas as part of an upcoming deal in the near future. So we will have to wait to see the details.

Again just a rumor and something to look out for if a Kawhi trade happens out West...
Old 06-27-2018, 10:26 AM   #12
pgod51
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 6

I am ok sending Kawhi away. He doesn't want to play in SA and can be MADE to play. I like some elements the Clips have too.. I'll play RC here for a sec.
Kawhi
D Green
P Mills
K Anderson

for

Boban
D Jordan
Lou Williams
Avery Bradley
Milos Teodosic

Seems far fetched but those are good players, especially when your seven footer is shooting 20 foot jumpers and no rebounder. DJ instant rebounds. Lou Williams is instant offense.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:39 AM   #13
00 gauge
Lifetime Premium Access

Interesting article over at poundingtherock.com .....apparently LeBron has to make his decision by today whether or not he intends to opt out of his contract with the Cavaliers ..... and for whatever reason the Lakers are feeling intense pressure to hurry up and trade for Kawhi before LeBron get serious about visiting other teams and they're willing to offer the Spurs a generous offer (3 players and at least one future #1 draft pick) ..... so again I'm wondering, would the Spurs figure this is about the best offer they could get and they just go ahead and trade Kawhi now? ..... besides, despite RC Buford's comments about making every effort to keep Kawhi, I have this gut feeling that Pop and the Spurs already know if Kawhi plans on being a child-like, whiny, pain in the ass thorn in the Spurs side until he gets his trade, so if he has a shitty attitude/effort, why put up with that? .....
Old 06-28-2018, 07:10 AM   #14
weakone4u
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Just my 2 cents, I am the spurs GM for my 2 cents, i offer Randle a 3 or 4 yr 10 mil. A year to make Lakers play a hand, then if we get him trade Kawhi hard for the Center, Kuzma, Hart, and Ingram and 2 first rounders like what they want to send. Try to bring Gay back for 2years at about the same as Randle price deal and we still got Tonys money which could land us a decent fish. Not to mention our mid level exemption. A player like Hejonta or however you spell it. Then The Lakers will have to dump Luol Dengs contract either way they can only sign one top fish after and if one of them gets hurt, i believe we can get lottery on 1 of the first round picks. GO SPURS GO!.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:37 PM   #15
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Reports today...

Lakers only want to send Ingram and 1 pick. Spurs want both Kuzma and Ingram as well as 2 picks. A deal will he done and I bet we get Josh Hart instead of Kuzma. Will happen by the weekend as that is Lebrons Deadline.

If that trade goes down watch James and maybe, just maybe Kevin Durant. Watch it. James contacted Durant today to team up. This would be a fucking nightmare. Just Lebron for sure would go and you might even see Paul George. Things are happening in Lakerland. And Leonard is at the healm if everyone goes this or next year.

If that doesnt go down, you'll likely see George or Leonard and Klay Thompson there next summer.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women