Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 10-08-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
blk07lac
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10
Default is outcall massage legal?

I'm fairly new to the hobby and the state and would like to know whats legal or illegal about having a massage done in your home in Missouri?
blk07lac is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
LAVixian
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 18955
My ECCIE Reviews

You could probably get into trouble without a license... find providers that do it, everyone knows, and is verified and you should be fine.
LAVixian is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:50 PM   #3
blk07lac
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

thanks
blk07lac is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:40 AM   #4
Guest030911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5
My ECCIE Reviews

You might also ask in the Missouri forums. Each state has it's own statutes.

In Texas it is legal, but you have to be licensed to say you even offer a "massage". However, body rubs seem to be okay. Go figure. It was originally enacted several years ago as a tool for LE to go after the AMPS.

Some laws make little sense. We cannot buy "Lawn Darts" because some idiot may kill someone, but we can still buy cigarettes!
Guest030911 is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #5
TxBrandy
Account Disabled

User ID: 5895
My ECCIE Reviews

Actually you are not supposed to use body rub either.. pain in my ass let me tell you

Per the Occupation Code in Texas:
""Massage therapy" means the manipulation of soft tissue by hand or through a mechanical or electrical apparatus for the purpose of body massage and includes effleurage (stroking), petrissage (kneading), tapotement (percussion), compression, vibration, friction, nerve strokes, and Swedish gymnastics. The terms "massage," "therapeutic massage," "massage technology," "myotherapy," "body massage," "body rub," or any derivation of those terms are synonyms for "massage therapy."
TxBrandy is offline   Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:59 AM   #6
Guest030911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5
My ECCIE Reviews

I stand corrected... It is more fucked up than I thought.
Guest030911 is offline   Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:52 AM   #7
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Wonder if the term "rubdown" is "legal" for non-licensed "therapists" in Texas. Exercise therapists and personal trainers do certain touching to help a patient's or client's range of motion. Do PT's have to be licensed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpi3000 View Post
We cannot buy "Lawn Darts" because some idiot may kill someone, but we can still buy cigarettes!
I'm having trouble getting my cigarettes to stick in the ground when I throw them.
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:45 PM   #8
JustMe68
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 41595

Little Stevie,

No, "rubdown" is just another variation of the terms for "soft tissue manipulation." In Texas, Physical Therapists have to be licensed for PT and can legally perform massage.

CHAPTER 321. DEFINITIONS

"(15) Physical therapy--The evaluation, examination, and utilization of exercises, rehabilitative procedures, massage, manipulations, and physical agents including, but not limited to, mechanical devices, heat, cold, air, light, water, electricity, and sound in the aid of diagnosis or treatment. Physical therapists may perform evaluations without referrals. Physical therapy practice includes the use of modalities, procedures, and tests to make evaluations. Physical therapy practice includes, but is not limited to the use of: Electromyographic (EMG) Tests, Nerve Conduction Velocity (NCV) Tests, Thermography, Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS), bed traction, application of topical medication to open wounds, sharp debridement, provision of soft goods, inhibitive casting and splinting, Phonophoresis, Iontophoresis, and biofeedback services."

http://www.ecptote.state.tx.us/_priv...les2010.07.pdf
JustMe68 is offline   Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:56 PM   #9
IronMike
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3

Physical Therapists are licensed.

Personal Trainers are not. There are many certifications from different accrediting bodies for personal trainers. At the high end, they'll have a B.S. degree in exercise science, plus some additional certifications. My guy is degreed and has some different certs, but is also an LMT, EMT, RN and who knows what else, but anyone who can convince a gym or a client that they know what they're doing can call themselves a trainer. They aren't licensed by the state.
IronMike is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:59 AM   #10
Dharma
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1673
My ECCIE Reviews

FYI~Nerve Strokes is the "light touch" or "finger tip" that is often advertised. It's just a light application of the fingertips and sometimes gives you goose bumps.

Basically, if massage is regulated in the state in which you want to receive care, then the person providing it must have a license to touch or it's a potential problem. In your home or at the spa, makes no difference. However, it's not illegal to receive an unlicensed massage, just to give it so I think you would be safer with an outcall. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Dharma is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:21 AM   #11
TxBrandy
Account Disabled

User ID: 5895
My ECCIE Reviews

I think you are right. In this situation, the receiver would not get in trouble, only the "giver". I never heard of a law prohibiting the solicitation of a massage only.

Basically the occupations code has a clause where it states the definition of "Other Massage Services" and prohibits ANY physical contact with a client for compensation.

(11) "Other massage services" include any services offered or performed for compensation at a massage establishment that involve physical contact with a client, and may include the use of oil, lubricant, salt glow, a heat lamp, a hot and cold pack, or a tub, shower, jacuzzi, sauna, steam, or cabinet bath.

Here are the exemption rules:
Sec. 455.155. LICENSE EXEMPTION. (a) Section 455.151 does not apply to an establishment or person that:
(1) holds a license, permit, certificate, or other credential issued by this state under another law; and
(2) offers or performs massage therapy under the scope of that credential.
(b) A licensed massage therapist who practices as a solo practitioner is not required to hold a license as a massage establishment.
(c) A place of business is not required to hold a license under this chapter if:
(1) the place of business is owned by the federal government, the state, or a political subdivision of the state;
(2) at the place of business, a licensed massage therapist practices as a solo practitioner and:
(A) does not use a business name or assumed name; or
(B) uses a business name or an assumed name and provides the massage therapist's full legal name or license number in each advertisement and each time the business name or assumed name appears in writing;
(3) at the place of business, an acupuncturist, athletic trainer, chiropractor, cosmetologist, midwife, nurse, occupational therapist, perfusionist, physical therapist, physician, physician assistant, podiatrist, respiratory care practitioner, or surgical assistant licensed or certified in this state employs or contracts with a licensed massage therapist to provide massage therapy as part of the person's practice; or
(4) at the place of business, a person offers to perform or performs massage therapy:
(A) for not more than 72 hours in any six-month period; and
(B) as part of a public or charity event, the primary purpose of which is not to provide massage therapy.

Just an FYI..

Surgical Assistant? Really?
TxBrandy is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:30 AM   #12
ThatHarleyGuy
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 50

The "rub down", "massage", "body rub", and others are terms that are important to not use if you go to the AMP's of unlicensed therapists. If you see them advertising using the term "Relaxation Therapy", "Stress Relief", or "Stress Therapy", you must use those terms when requesting service. Using the afore mentioned ones will result in mamasan replying they don't provide that, and a pause to allow you correct your wording. If you don't, bye bye, see you later.

Because the AMP's have wised up to this, the governships are now using Building Codes to shut down the operation. If they determine the girls live in the work place, they use building codes that allow them to lock the doors. So when LE can't make a case, State Licensing can't make a case, a building inspector can.

I share this only to emphasize the importance of the wording used regarding licensed vs unlicensed therapists.
ThatHarleyGuy is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women