Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40261
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 05-03-2017, 08:00 AM   #1
Trey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 70
Default DonT care part 2: Leave em dieing.

So trump care is back. This time he wants to let states make unaffordable pools for sick people. What do yall think of this new plan? Will they sell this rush job to the house? Who will they blame this time if it fails?
Trey is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:42 AM   #2
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
So trump care is back. This time he wants to let states make unaffordable pools for sick people. What do yall think of this new plan? Will they sell this rush job to the house? Who will they blame this time if it fails?
As opposed to unaffordable pools run by the Federal Government?

As best I can tell, The ACA gives insurance to just about everybody, but the majority who need it can't afford the huge deductibles.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:52 AM   #3
Luke_Wyatt
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
As opposed to unaffordable pools run by the Federal Government?

As best I can tell, The ACA gives insurance to just about everybody, but the majority who need it can't afford the huge deductibles.
You do know it's the insurance company and not the govt that sets the huge deductibles? Trump care could pass and the insurance company could still set high premiums or deductibles.
Luke_Wyatt is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:54 AM   #4
Trey
Valued Poster

I've actually used it before it was affordable even when I paid full price for coverage.

As far a big deductible goes. Its based on the plan you buy. If you buy the cheapest plan you may pay low monthly rate but yes going to the doc is high. I paid 300 a month my deductible was like 500 opm like 2k. Not that bad.

Dont let them sell you on that high deductible stuff. Its there sure. But you have to pick that plan.
Trey is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:31 PM   #5
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Quote:
I've actually used it before it was affordable even when I paid full price for coverage.

As far a big deductible goes. Its based on the plan you buy. If you buy the cheapest plan you may pay low monthly rate but yes going to the doc is high. I paid 300 a month my deductible was like 500 opm like 2k. Not that bad.

Dont let them sell you on that high deductible stuff. Its there sure. But you have to pick that plan.
I am not in the ACA. My business furnishes health insurance to all employees as part of their employment package. The big catch is that because of the ACA, our premiums have skyrocketed over the past years.

Health insurance costs are now our second biggest business expense after labor costs.

I doubt that will change, regardless of what President Trump, Congress, or anybody else does.

Myself? Naturally, at 70, my primary Carrier is Medicaire. I pay for plan B.The insurance through my business is supplementary .
Old 05-03-2017, 02:37 PM   #6
Trey
Valued Poster

The cost to business is probably a better argument aginst the ACA. The deductible thing is a smoke screen as far as I have seen. Where was your companies health costs before the aca vs now? If you dont see trumps plan changing the cost whats the point of it?
Trey is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:52 PM   #7
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
We are all dying. I'm tired of paying $1100 a month premium for family insurance and mine is heavily subsidized. They need to do something to lower cost.

Obamacare is a failure. Little Billy can get that operation if he really needs it. Hell, he should have already had it. Stop looking at me to pay for Jimmy Kimmel's kid's operation. Jimmy probably makes 10 Million a year.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 03:00 PM   #8
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
The cost to business is probably a better argument aginst the ACA. The deductible thing is a smoke screen as far as I have seen. Where was your companies health costs before the aca vs now? If you dont see trumps plan changing the cost whats the point of it?
You know the "business mandate" of Obamacare was never implemented? Forestalled by Obama via EO because he knew it would be a disaster.

My deductibles and co-pays have gone up at least 100% during the time of Obamacare. Why? Who do you think signed up and used Ocare? SICK PEOPLE! Still a massive number of young people who haven't signed up. Why? They are still on their parents' insurance.

Don't worry. The medicine you are smoking is legal and the cost hasn't gone up commensurately.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:56 PM   #9
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Quote:
To put it in perspective, we are a small manufacturing facility with 12 employees, with varying degrees of skill. We pay what is considered a top wage in our particular line of work. For the past five years, (good ones), our gross has hovered in the 3.8 to 4.8 million range.

6 years ago, our Health Care Bill was approx $85,000. This year, it will top $170,000.

Keep in mind, this does not include Workmans Comp, which is a separate issue.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:52 PM   #10
Cherie
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 51103
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
We are all dying. I'm tired of paying $1100 a month premium for family insurance and mine is heavily subsidized. They need to do something to lower cost.

Obamacare is a failure. Little Billy can get that operation if he really needs it. Hell, he should have already had it. Stop looking at me to pay for Jimmy Kimmel's kid's operation. Jimmy probably makes 10 Million a year.

What "they" need to do is get government out of health care. Let the insurance companies insure like they do all other types of insurance the more the risk the higher the premium, if a person is already sick then the premium should be higher, think about it, if you have 5 tickets for speeding, your rates are much higher than the guy who has no tickets (insurance companies are in "business" (albeit a necessary evil) to make money. Rush did a great analogy today, if you're driving home and you see your house on fire, you call the insurance company and say "I want fire insurance" what do you think they're going to say?

I have a very strong believe personal responsibilities and a person's healthcare should start with what they put their bodies. If you're dumb enough to smoke cigarettes or drink to the point of liver disease or have eaten to the point you are now obese and all organs are taxed to the point of no return etc. etc. (my apologies if I have offended anyone) why should someone who has taken the time to educate themselves have to cough up the dough for people who just don't give a damn.
Cherie is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:02 PM   #11
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

It'll never pass the Senate. Not as it stands.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:09 PM   #12
Iforgottopullout
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
It'll never pass the Senate. Not as it stands.
You have medicare? What free health care do bums like you have in austin? How much do taxpayers have to shell out for your aids medication, boy?
Iforgottopullout is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 03:39 PM   #13
Rey Lengua
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
What "they" need to do is get government out of health care. Let the insurance companies insure like they do all other types of insurance the more the risk the higher the premium, if a person is already sick then the premium should be higher, think about it, if you have 5 tickets for speeding, your rates are much higher than the guy who has no tickets (insurance companies are in "business" (albeit a necessary evil) to make money. Rush did a great analogy today, if you're driving home and you see your house on fire, you call the insurance company and say "I want fire insurance" what do you think they're going to say?

I have a very strong believe personal responsibilities and a person's healthcare should start with what they put their bodies. If you're dumb enough to smoke cigarettes or drink to the point of liver disease or have eaten to the point you are now obese and all organs are taxed to the point of no return etc. etc. (my apologies if I have offended anyone) why should someone who has taken the time to educate themselves have to cough up the dough for people who just don't give a damn.
Expect a blast from LUBE of the "obese " remark. He'll swear it was aimed at him then call you something to remind you of his IQ.
Rey Lengua is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 04:57 PM   #14
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

that's a good time as any to kill the filibuster!
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women