Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70376
biomed160270
Yssup Rider59840
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47421
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37062
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35130
Mojojo33117

Old 01-08-2014, 10:39 AM   #16
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingKayla View Post
You know, I've talked to a few providers and they have never even heard of the obamacare mandatory payment stuff. They didn't even know there was anything CALLED obamacare. I'd be willing to bet there are a huge percentage of folks that have no clue this is even happening.
What "is" happening? People are being led into believing they have insurance?

Those are the lucky ones ... the ones who don't know nothing is happening!!!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:11 PM   #17
CJ7
Valued Poster

Obamacare VS Affordable Care Act ... from the public eye of ignorance ...

4 minutes of the truth ..... funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx2scvIFGjE
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #18
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flghtr65 View Post
COF, you are completely ignorant of basic insurance underwriting, probability and risk concepts.
Let me guess ... 65 is FULLY INFORMED!!!
Old 01-08-2014, 10:27 PM   #19
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Actually Fluffy, I'm well aware of those concepts, and have explained them in detail on here before. There is a reason HI companies didn't insure pre-existing conditions. It's like buying car insurance after the accident. But I've explained that. My question to you is, if only 31 million people insured is the goal, why did the entire industry have to be upended? That's really not that many people when you look at the entire potential market.

Never mind. I'll tell you. This was never about health care. It was, and is, only about one thing. CONTROL! The government wants to control your access to health care. That gives them more control over YOU!

Savvy?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:13 PM   #20
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingKayla View Post
You know, I've talked to a few providers and they have never even heard of the obamacare mandatory payment stuff. They didn't even know there was anything CALLED obamacare. I'd be willing to bet there are a huge percentage of folks that have no clue this is even happening.
I'm willing to bet most people with whom you have bodily exchange have no interest in healthcare or hygiene, Gun Slunt.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:52 PM   #21
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
The payments are DUE on January 10th but you can pay earlier and that is what we have been asking, how many have paid to date for their Obamacare coverage? Don't know? Neither do we but we should. I'm not sure why you singled me out for the Aetna thing but there is more than one insurance company involved. How about the rest of them? Or for that, why did they feel that they had to cancel any policies at all? Obamacare.
Yes, the subsidies. A lot of people who thought that they would get one are not. Unless you work for a Congressman. They are all getting subsidies.
JD, you were singled out about Aetna because you have complained the most about the cancelled policies. Wellpoint has agreed to offer the old policies. The grandfather laws to continue to offer the old policies were complex. That is why some HI companies cancelled the old policies. Still only 2% of the policies were cancelled.

What family of 4 do you know that made less than $92,000 and did not qualify for a subsidy? You have a link?
flghtr65 is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:56 PM   #22
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
So that "fact" is just a proposed milestone from the same people who said that you could keep your doctor and plan if you liked them. Right....
JD, when did the CBO become the administration? When the CBO publishes a number that you agree with they are a valid organization. When the CBO publishes a number that you don't like, then there not valid anymore.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:21 AM   #23
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Actually Fluffy, I'm well aware of those concepts, and have explained them in detail on here before. There is a reason HI companies didn't insure pre-existing conditions. It's like buying car insurance after the accident. But I've explained that. My question to you is, if only 31 million people insured is the goal, why did the entire industry have to be upended? That's really not that many people when you look at the entire potential market.

Never mind. I'll tell you. This was never about health care. It was, and is, only about one thing. CONTROL! The government wants to control your access to health care. That gives them more control over YOU!

Savvy?
The total number of uninsured residents is 55 million. The GOAL is really 55 million. Due to the following reasons 23 million will not be insured. This was in reply #10. Here it is again.

Among the people who will remain uninsured:

The entire industry was not upended. The group market did not change. If you worked for a large company like ATT, IBM, Walmart or Johnson & Johnson, you continued to get your HI from your employer. The individual market was changed. That is where all the uninsured people came from. The government is trying to get more people insured. It's true that Harry Reid wants a single payer system. The ACA is not a single payer system. Health Insurance companies are collecting premiums and paying out claims. The individual mandate was needed to establish a large risk pool in the individual market. Without a large risk pool the HI companies selling HI on the government exchanges would just be selling policies to high risk people. The HI companies can't deny selling a policy to someone with pre-existing conditions.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:55 AM   #24
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Now hold on there Flightened. We heard repeatedly that the number was 30 million, now you're saying it was higher? What is the problem with people buying their own healthcare insurance? When did it become the responsibility of government to decide what insurance policies are junk or not junk? That's really easy, May of 2010 when Obamacare was passed without a single vote from the representatives for half of the population in the country.

A much cheaper, workable, and efficient way would have been to create a high risk exchange subsidized by the government. This was proposed by the GOP but it never got voted on in the democratic house or senate.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:56 AM   #25
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
... The HI companies can't deny selling a policy to someone with pre-existing conditions.
Speaking of links, please provide me a link of the states where people with pre-existing conditions couldn't get a HI policy. We keep hearing this chestnut but I'm not see any evidence backing it up. Also, if possible, provide the number of people turned away in those states.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:12 AM   #26
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
The total number of uninsured residents is 55 million.
Is there any particular reason why you used the word ... "residents"?

And if there is a reason, after you give it, then please give up YOUR definition of the word.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:14 AM   #27
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Speaking of links, .... .

Does this help?
Old 01-09-2014, 11:18 AM   #28
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post

Savvy?
Shouldn't you be out in the back yard building that Doomsday Prepper bomb shelter or something?
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:21 AM   #29
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
.... people with pre-existing conditions ...
Gnad, A PROBLEM is when the snake oil salesman starts hawking his drink he forgets to include in the discourse the need for the government to finance the pre-existing condition, even when offered by the insurance companies .... because the government cannot control the amount of the premium ... so the only way the snake oil hawker can get that working is to have the REST OF THE COUNTRY'S INHABINANTS pay for the extra cost of the premium to cover the increased risk of covering the "pre-existing condition" ....!!!!

What his loyal snake oil drinkers are REALLY SAYING IS ....

There are not private insurance policies covering "pre-existing conditions" with a premium at Medicare levels........so HE SIGNS THEM UP FOR MEDICARE!!!!!!!!

....and they qualify (in due time) by the Secretary ...........

....changing the applicant standards and qualifications.

His problem. ............. Congress has to approve those kinds of changes!!!!!

Note: The unemployment compensation extension "debate" is a "fade" from the ills of ACA ... he's trying to hide the ball again.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:32 PM   #30
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Is there any particular reason why you used the word ... "residents"?

And if there is a reason, after you give it, then please give up YOUR definition of the word.
I used residents because that is what the CBO used. Click on reference #121 and there is a PDF file that has a report by the CBO that you can download to your computer. I take resident to be anyone who lives in a state. The 8 million people who count as illegal aliens, should be subtracted from the goal number. So the goal, the number of extra people you are trying to insure are 55 - 8 = 43 million. The CBO report still counts the illegal aliens as part of the total number of uninsured.

Public policy

Change in number of uninsured

See also: Health insurance coverage in the United States
The ACA has two primary mechanisms for increasing insurance coverage: expanding Medicaid eligibility to include individuals within 138% of the federal poverty level,[43] and creating state-based insurance exchanges where individuals and small business can buy health insurance plans—those individuals with incomes between 100% and 400% of the federal poverty level will be eligible for subsidies to do so.[38][30] The CBO originally estimated that the legislation will reduce the number of uninsured residents by 32 million, leaving 23 million uninsured residents in 2019 after the bill's provisions have all taken effect.[121][122][123] With the elderly covered by Medicare, the CBO estimate projected that the law would raise the proportion of insured non-elderly citizens from 83% to 94%.[121] A July 2012 CBO estimate raised the expected number of uninsured by 3 million, reflecting the successful legal challenge to the ACA's expansion of Medicaid.[124][125]
Among the people who will remain uninsured:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient...dable_Care_Act

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women