Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 02-22-2018, 03:51 PM   #1
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34
Default A shooter is already inside the school...

...what do you do now? According to the democrats you have a teacher that just got a bonus ("we must arm our teachers with more money") go out and inform the 18 years-old sociopath that not only is it illegal for him to have an "assault weapon" but it is also illegal for him to be in a gun free zone.
The republicans (most, but not all) believe that an armed response is the only sane way to fight back. Since an unarmed response is doomed to failure. But who should respond?
According to the democrats, everyone should cower in classroom behind sheet rock walls waiting for the police who will show up at some point and then decide when and where to go into the school, meanwhile...
the shooter is racking up a score.

Defense in depth is the only way. Controlled access points, visible security, and backed up by armed facility.
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:57 PM   #2
Rey Lengua
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn View Post
...what do you do now? According to the democrats you have a teacher that just got a bonus ("we must arm our teachers with more money") go out and inform the 18 years-old sociopath that not only is it illegal for him to have an "assault weapon" but it is also illegal for him to be in a gun free zone.
The republicans (most, but not all) believe that an armed response is the only sane way to fight back. Since an unarmed response is doomed to failure. But who should respond?
According to the democrats, everyone should cower in classroom behind sheet rock walls waiting for the police who will show up at some point and then decide when and where to go into the school, meanwhile...

Defense in depth is the only way. Controlled access points, visible security, and backed up by armed facility.
Those lib run districts might have more money for REAL security if they hadn't spent it all on new " diversity " text books, classes and new " trannie friendly " bathroom placards.
Rey Lengua is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:25 PM   #3
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

JDCornhole, how can one have an honest discussion when your premise starts off with so many lies?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:08 PM   #4
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

^^up here^^

IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:25 PM   #5
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

I don't feel like typing, however Google 'Scot Peterson, Broward County. Sheriff's Office' and see if that doesn't piss you off. He was on duty at the school when the people were murdered. He never fucking went in!
DEAR_JOHN is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:31 PM   #6
Ronin3
Premium Access

Encounters: 123

There's no simple and singular answer. Even if there was a reasonable solution, it would create new unforeseen side effects. Added to which, at this point in time, its highly unlikely both sides would agree to anything.
Ronin3 is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:02 PM   #7
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Teachers do NOT want to carry guns. Okay, a few do but the overwhelming majority do not want it to be part of their jobs. They are there to TEACH. They are NOT skilled with guns and do not want to be. There was an armed school resource officer at Marjory Stoneman Douglas HS and what good did he do? I can only imagine a teacher with a gun who has had a few hours of handgun training trying to figure out what to do when possible gunfire is heard.

I have several family members and relatives who are school teachers and not one of them wants teachers to be armed. I challenge anyone to ask school teachers whether or not they support teachers being armed in the schools in which they teach.

" The president of the 1.7 million-member American Federation of Teachers, Randi Weingarten, called arming teachers "one of the worst ideas I have heard in a series of really, really, really bad ideas.""
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:23 PM   #8
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:

Fighting for peace is like shouting for silence, It don't work Barleycorn. I feel like you're a decent guy just looking for answers and I can appreciate that. Nearly all of your mass shootings involve multiple guns, assault rifles and the killer has a plan. Whats rare is the guy got caught alive

Bottom line is guns are plentiful in America. I'm glad I have as many as I want and know how to use them. As many people that carry guns, why don't they ever have a case of someone stopping these mass shooters? I think its because people freak out and get scared, including cops. Banning guns aint the answer, but having ready available assault rifles aint either
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:42 PM   #9
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

I don't think anybody has advocated that all teachers should be armed in our schools. Having an armed teacher who has little or no firearms training is not the answer. What we need are well trained armed law enforcement or ex military guards in our schools. And not just one or two. We also need controlled access at all entry points in our schools. Why are our schools way less guarded than our federal buildings and our airports?
NiceGuy53 is online now   Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:28 PM   #10
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Here it is, from the right and the left.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/22...riff-says.html

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/22/us/fl...ing/index.html
DEAR_JOHN is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:12 PM   #11
garhkal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
COMMON sense right there!

Something libtards are loath to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin3 View Post
There's no simple and singular answer. Even if there was a reasonable solution, it would create new unforeseen side effects. Added to which, at this point in time, its highly unlikely both sides would agree to anything.
True dat. THe left wants one thing and one thing only. ELIMINATION OF GUNS..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Teachers do NOT want to carry guns. Okay, a few do but the overwhelming majority do not want it to be part of their jobs. They are there to TEACH. They are NOT skilled with guns and do not want to be.
Ok. So only let those who WANT to protect their students become armed CCW holders, once they pass all the required testing..
Even if that means only 5 teachers in a school of 30 are carrying, that means 1 in 6 chances a shooter will get in the face of an armed defender.
garhkal is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:54 AM   #12
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN View Post
I don't feel like typing, however Google 'Scot Peterson, Broward County. Sheriff's Office' and see if that doesn't piss you off. He was on duty at the school when the people were murdered. He never fucking went in!
Well, the FBI, Sheriff's Office, and school district will now be exonerated by the media and public opinion with their scapegoat.

Unfortunately he wasn't able to talk about it initially ...

... in the link is the internal affairs memo to him to keep his mouth shut.

but now that he has resigned and is no longer under the control of the SO, perhaps he will be able to discuss departmental policies and procedures regarding single officers responding to active shooting situations and their response, any instructions he received over the radio regarding whether or not he was to enter the building alone during an active shooting incident, the training the SO provided him for active shooting incidents in such venues as schools, his personal experience as a police officer involving acting shooting incidents, and his instructions from the school district about any role he might have in an active shooting situation in the school.

There was something once said about "Indians" and "moccasins."

Hopefully the SO will get the same scrutiny as Ferguson PD did over Michael Brown's death.

John, have you ever met the "typical" peace officer assigned to "school duty" ....?

And their "training" to be a "school officer"?

THAT WILL PISS YOU OFF! Particularly in the aftermath of Columbine!

My best guess is this "kid" doing the shooting had more "training" for shooting moving targets in a crowded building than did the "school officer" assigned by the SO, and clearly was better armed for the intended task. And keep that in mind when people are talking about arming teachers (most of whom were probably bitching about a "cop" stalking around inside the school upsetting the "kids")! [I suspect the "shooter" knew there was a deputy at the school ... and you saw his "on the ground assessment"!]
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:09 AM   #13
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Teachers do NOT want to carry guns. Okay, a few do but the overwhelming majority do not want it to be part of their jobs. They are there to TEACH. They are NOT skilled with guns and do not want to be. There was an armed school resource officer at Marjory Stoneman Douglas HS and what good did he do? I can only imagine a teacher with a gun who has had a few hours of handgun training trying to figure out what to do when possible gunfire is heard.

I have several family members and relatives who are school teachers and not one of them wants teachers to be armed. I challenge anyone to ask school teachers whether or not they support teachers being armed in the schools in which they teach.

" The president of the 1.7 million-member American Federation of Teachers, Randi Weingarten, called arming teachers "one of the worst ideas I have heard in a series of really, really, really bad ideas.""
I agree 100%.

And teachers become administrators. Some later run for the school board.

150 years ago, may be. But not with the typical liberal pansies now.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:59 AM   #14
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Cool If you look closely...

Oddly enough, I've been noticing the architecture/design of new high schools and middle schools and in some cases elementary schools have become more and more indistinguishable from prison on the exterior, except for the double rows of tall chain link fence with razor wire on top.

Take a look sometime. The windows have gotten smaller and gone higher. Interior doors have locks and less glass. Not to mention lots of locked steel door on the perimeter. Don't know if you've seen some of these new 'airlock' systems at a main entrance or not. Though they had a brand spanking new one at Sandy Hook, which apparently didn't do a thing. Plus some inner city schools already have TSA style security screening on the way in.

I swear it's getting harder to distinguish a school from a prison and given this latest and preventable tragedy - I dare say it will become impossible to tell difference in a few years.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:07 AM   #15
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
I swear it's getting harder to distinguish a school from a prison and given this latest and preventable tragedy - I dare say it will become impossible to tell difference in a few years.
Train tracks haven't changed much though. Have you noticed?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women