Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70404
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59902
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47511
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35317
Mojojo33117

Old 12-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Presidential Address

President Obama just delivered an emotional address to the nation tonight (12-16-12) on the massacre at New Town.

Excellent content and delivery by the commander in chief. He stressed that after doing this thing four times now, we must not let it become routine.

. . . But exactly what changes in behavior are we talking about?
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
joe bloe
Valued Poster

[QUOTE=Fast Gunn;1052051451]President Obama just delivered an emotional address to the nation tonight (12-16-12) on the massacre at New Town.

Excellent content and delivery by the commander in chief. He stressed that after doing this thing four times now, we must not let it become routine.

. . .But exactly what changes in behavior are we talking about?
[/QUOTE]

Repealing the second amendment and confiscating all the guns of course. You're a good commie/lib you should know that.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Maybe we can start by not killing our children.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:51 PM   #4
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Let’s see how many defenseless people were exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control:

Country Year(s) People
Exterminated
USSR 1929-1953 20,000,000
Turkey 1915-1917 1,500,000
Germany 1939-1945 13,000,000
China 1948-1952 20,000,000
Guatemala 1964-1981 100,000
Uganda 1971-1979 300,000
Cambodia 1975-1977 1,000,000

Total: 56 million.

Governments around the World need a history lesson.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own
government, a program costing Australian taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:

1) Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent.
2) Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent.
3) Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent!)
4) In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent.

Note, that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns! While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns.

The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won’t see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it’s too late! The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

With guns, we are ‘citizens.’ Without them, we are ’subjects.’

http://old.postworthy.com/?p=39114
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
Maybe we can start by not killing our children.

Fifty five million children have been legally killed in the womb since Roe v Wade, just in case anyone cares.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #6
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

You are the biggest asshole on the board Sloe Joe. Keep it germane, or just go to COGs bunker for hot reactionary survivalist ASS SEX!

How dare you fuckheads shit on the memories of these innocent children
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #7
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
You are the biggest asshole on the board Sloe Joe. Keep it germane, or just go to COGs bunker for hot reactionary survivalist ASS SEX!

Abortion is germane to killing children since it is killing children. All of the twenty children tragically killed in Connecticut could have been legally killed in womb six years ago with the Democrats blessing.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #8
UB9IB6
Account Disabled

Joe!..er.... Henry Wade . For all we know Jane could have prevented another mass murder.

You really astound me with your blatant display of insensitivity towards these victims and using this moment to further YOUR movement. Really not at all classy.

I applaud your efforts to enlighten those who do not agree with you regarding your cause.
However , this is certainly a less than appropriate time to do so. IMO and I would safely venture to say in everyone's opinion.
Even your usual cohorts are letting you flap in the wind.
I would think that even with your significant deficiencies in the cognitive department....you would realize this . So to reiterate ,

Please STFU. Thanks.
UB9IB6 is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #9
UB9IB6
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
Fifty five million children have been legally killed in the womb since Roe v Wade, just in case anyone cares.
And likely 30 million of them would have been on the gubmint teet.
Would you have as much love for the innocent then?
Old 12-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #10
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Mental Illness

Personally, I think the core of the social problem that we face is not gun control, it's mental illness.

Gun control? Really? With all the background FBI check in place already? Most of these killers get their guns legally.

Personally, I believe that the core problem is mental illness, not loose guns.

Loose guns are a symptom of the real problem.
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #11
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post

Nobody is shitting on the memory of anybody, except maybe the memory of your intelligence which hasn't been heard from in decades.

The fact is the left is jumping all over this as an excuse to ban guns, without fully examining all the facts. The facts are this kid was a lunatic, and should have been in a mental hospital getting appropriate treatment. His mother was also a lunatic who didn't secure her guns. It also appears she resisted treatment for her son. There were many people in the system who knew this kid was trouble, but he slipped through the cracks.

When this is fully investigated, it will become apparent that there were many opportunities to prevent this tragedy, and none of them will involve limiting gun ownership by competent, law-abiding citizens.

What is shameful is the way the left is desecrating the memory of this tragedy to further their own political ends. It's people like you, Assup, with your phony outrage and half-cocked (pun intended) reactionary demand to disarm the population that are showing both disrespect to the children, and to America.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:28 PM   #12
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
Abortion is germane to killing children since it is killing children. All of the twenty children tragically killed in Connecticut could have been legally killed in womb six years ago with the Democrats blessing.
I think you need to stop to stop killing millions of Americans every time you pull a Kleenex to clean up your jerk spunk, asshole.

You have no fucking concept of life, death, children or anything remotely germane to this discussion.

You disgust me, hose bag. Your parents must be very proud.

Come on COB, agree with Joe Bloehard. Please tell us that this is the same as abortion. Please give us an insight to your insincere black heart!

We all know you're a stupid mouthbreather. Please show us your inner American. Im not reacting to the stupid as shit redneck guns argument but the insanity of JBlow... That's when you chose to enter this fray, eh COG? You must support his point of view...

Come on COB, is abortion the same as Newtown?

come on COB! Stand up for Joe Bloehard!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #13
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
President Obama just delivered an emotional address to the nation tonight (12-16-on the massacre at New Town.
Why focus more national attention on this event? Its sad and tragic but what's going to be the next outrage next newscycle?

How about this outrage that has gotten little attention from the media:

Austin, Chicago's largest community area, has recorded 32 homicides so far this year, RedEye data shows. Thirty homicides were logged last year.

http://homicides.redeyechicago.com/
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #14
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I don't have to agree with Joe on every issue to respect his intelligence and thoughtfulness, two qualities you desperately lack. Assup. Joe is one of the smartest posters on here, and while I agree with him that abortion is terrible problem, I disagree with his solution. I do not want to make that decision for someone else.

In a sense, the two issues are related, because the solutions are going to be found in education, detection and early intervention. But otherwise, I do not think the issues are comparable. I am also not going to bash Joe for his opinion.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #15
UB9IB6
Account Disabled

I am a ardent leftist that supports the 1st and 2nd amendment whole heartedly.

While I believe in the right to bear arms and exercise that right on a daily basis,
I truly , truly believe that existing laws WITH ENFORCEMENT could make a difference.

The current system is barely functional. Getting the guns out of criminal hands should be the priority. Not taking them from law abiding citizens.

I'm all for socialized medicine and education...
But if you reach for my gun.... Rest assured I'll get to it first.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women