Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > Questions for the Staff - Austin
Questions for the Staff - Austin Ask questions of your local staff here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160433
Yssup Rider59882
gman4452905
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47487
pyramider46370
bambino40300
CryptKicker37074
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35278
Mojojo33117

Old 01-06-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
Gentleman
Usually On the road again

Encounters: 29
Default Separating the archives from new information

Without making too much work for the staff, is there a way to separate the reviews that are older than, say 3 months, from the newer ones??? We are getting all kinds of ANCIENT reviews posted all in the same forum. I agree that we want and need the reviews but can the older ones be separated out? Tough to do good recon on a lady with so much old info posted. Please?
Gentleman is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
Amrita Lover
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 13

I sure do agree with Gentleman!
Amrita Lover is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #3
Durango
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

I'm guilty of dumping a few "old as dirt" reviews (that are still on the first page). Hopefully they'll drift down in the next day or two. I figured it would be better to have the data than not.

I do like what Valiantone did...put "Archived Review" in the title....i tried to add that (after the fact) & it didn't take. I guess the worst that will happen is that in 30 days, 98% of the refugees will have made their move, dumped a handful of reviews & the reviews will be several pages back at that point.

But i AM glad to have the data (& a handful of good reviews) on some our favorite hotties in the ol' data bank.
Durango is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:42 PM   #4
Russ Tworthy
Account Disabled

Encounters: 245
Default sorting out the old and the new

Sigh,

I too am hopeful that we can get the Archived material segregated.

When I signed up recently, I did 4 new reviews from recent sessions I hadn't reviewed elsewhere.

Then I saw all the archived stuff coming in and had several requests from providers to patch old reviews over here for archive purposes, so I've added several of those too.

Indeed, there is value for all to have that information available; however, it just seems weird to have new reviews way down the stack from some many many months old.

Oh well, even if it isn't practical to sort them out, I'm so glad to have this new place to carry on the tradition!

regards,
Russ
Russ Tworthy is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:35 PM   #5
yardape
Valued Poster

I wrestled with it, decided not to lift anything I had littered ASPD with, including reviews. The idea of starting over is kinda exciting, keeps it interesting.
yardape is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:00 PM   #6
Gentleman
Usually On the road again

Encounters: 29

I posted a couple of last month's reviews and watched them disappear waaaaay to quickly. I have another new one to write but fear that it will be washed away too quickly. By the time it gets posted another 20 or 30 'archived reviews' push it down and there goes any new or current information.....

And yes, I too am glad to have this new home to store all of my goodies!
Gentleman is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:29 AM   #7
Durango
Valued Poster

It looks like they turned out the lights. No more archived reviews unless they were already saved.

I'm guessing all the archived reviews will be on the third page by Monday.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:41 AM   #8
Iron Butterfly
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Well, they could have created an archive review section just for reviews older than 30 days, but I guess they did not anticipate the current events, it will subside and the information is good to have, I would think that bumping current reviews would not be frowned on for now.

IB
Iron Butterfly is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:45 AM   #9
TBONE
Lost

Durango is exactly right. What page the reviews on will not matter a few weeks down the road when the new ones will push these old ones down the list.

When a hobbyist is using "Search" to research providers, it doesn't matter what page the review is on.

We knew there would be a short-term negative effect on the first few pages of the reviews by opening it up to allow the older ones, but once we get past the influx of these copied reviews that'll be a thing of the past, and we will have built a nice little database of reviews for the ladies to depend on.

Now having said that, I do like the archive idea and we may look at adding that at some point in our future..as the database grows.

Thanks for asking!
TBONE is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:46 AM   #10
TBONE
Lost

Add: Iron Butterfly you make a good point. We are not opposed to bumping the newer reviews to get them back on the front page...at least for the next several days.
TBONE is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #11
Durango
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBONE View Post
Add: Iron Butterfly you make a good point. We are not opposed to bumping the newer reviews to get them back on the front page...at least for the next several days.
Done.