Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > Questions for the Staff - Kansas City Metro
Questions for the Staff - Kansas City Metro Ask questions of the local staff here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70418
biomed160570
Yssup Rider59931
gman4452934
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47550
pyramider46370
bambino40326
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35378
Mojojo33117

Old 01-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #16
ElumEno
In it for the DATY!

Encounters: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMonk View Post
Well its been going on for awhile locally and I for one am tired of it.
It is not only locally.. but yes I agree.
ElumEno is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #17
KenMonk
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

It seems worse on a local level, but I am more vested locally.
KenMonk is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:16 PM   #18
KCSmutMonkey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7
Default Aarrrrrrgh!!!!

KCSmutMonkey is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #19
ElumEno
In it for the DATY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCSmutMonkey View Post
DAMN - That crowd seems familiar...
Old 01-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #20
Modda
Ambassador

Encounters: 15

Come on guys...I told to hang on and you kept on commenting. Anyhow 'Bumping' concept applies only to reviews (Independent, Agency, Spa, Club, etc). If someone bumps the thread that is beyond 30days old then mod is going to close the thread. Concept of bumping is not to give any false (intentional or what ever you call) advertisement to the provider of any given review.

Bumping & Closing is not going to apply for other threads, but please try to stick to the subject of the thread (and that is the reason why I have merged all the photo threads). I have documented in Staff Room which is going to help for the future mods (unfortunately you guys can't see them.. ).

A mod can close the thread based on
1. Requested my OP
2. If someone hijacks the thread and refuses to stay with in the subject of the thread, if so the mod can award the points as per the board guidelines. This closing is going to be temporary to bring the situation under control.
+ due to some on fly constraints.

Hope this clears up.
Modda is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #21
ElumEno
In it for the DATY!

What - your not going to close it... sorry could not resist.

I believe that almost everyone agrees that there are times that threads need to be closed.
But when closing them please at least give a reason.

As for when a mod can close the threads...
1. Requested by OP - Just because it is requested does not mean the mod should.
2. If someone hijacks the thread and refuses to stay on topic... No i do not believe the thread should be closed.. if someone refuses to stay on topic point them, if they still refuse.. BAN THEM.

Little off OP topic but since you brought it up.. In my personal opinion the merging of threads is just plain damn especially the way it was done..
I know your reasons behind merging all the photo threads into one.. but what is next.. you can use the same logic to merge all of my reviews into one thread. that is just my opinion.

Now modda, please take this as what it is meant to be - constructive criticism.
You are doing a damn fine job and I for one appreciate all the hard work you have done.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #22
KenMonk
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by modda View Post
Come on guys...I told to hang on and you kept on commenting. Anyhow 'Bumping' concept applies only to reviews (Independent, Agency, Spa, Club, etc). If someone bumps the thread that is beyond 30days old then mod is going to close the thread. Concept of bumping is not to give any false (intentional or what ever you call) advertisement to the provider of any given review.

Bumping & Closing is not going to apply for other threads, but please try to stick to the subject of the thread (and that is the reason why I have merged all the photo threads). I have documented in Staff Room which is going to help for the future mods (unfortunately you guys can't see them.. ).

A mod can close the thread based on
1. Requested my OP
2. If someone hijacks the thread and refuses to stay with in the subject of the thread, if so the mod can award the points as per the board guidelines. This closing is going to be temporary to bring the situation under control.
+ due to some on fly constraints.

Hope this clears up.
So now when told to hang on we can't comment on threads? Reviews aren't to be bumped, that was never the issue. The issue was closing threads simply because someone commented on it past 30 days. In some cases the posting was relevant to the topic, and an update. The thread was closed anyway, and I'm not talking about just recent issues.

Also a case can be made for nearly any post that is made in a thread thats its an attempt to hijack or move the topic of discussion. Thats how discussions work. You start on a topic, and over time the topic changes through natural evolution. I haven't seen a temporary closing, just an "I'm closing it and thats that". Even when discussed in private that was the answer I have gotten.

Also reread the guideline I linked, simply closing a thread, even at the OP's request, in the middle of a discussion is not how I believe it should be done. If someone starts a thread, and it doesn't go the way they want it to go, but discussion is still taking place why close it? Simply because the OP is crying foul on the can of worms they opened themselves? While I agree you have to make decisions on the fly, you shouldn't just close threads on a whim because its easy to do.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #23
KenMonk
Valued Poster

Quote:
No I am not. It is a good thing that membership takes it upon themselves to police themselves in a postive and constructive way. What you did was perfectly fine and how I believe it should go. You questioned why someone would bump an old thread. I concede that Lana's post was in no way productive, but instead of editing her post to remove forbidden topics, the post was closed, and her comments were untouched.

My point, and issue is that for awhile now local mods have been quick to close threads and slap the hands of those who bump old threads and tossing in their input. Membership as a whole has policed this themselves in the past, and have done a fairly decent job of it, even when it happens to reviews. Just because a thread is bumped, doesn't mean it should be closed.
To bring it up the forbidden topic is still left untouched. This has been sitting there how long?
Old 01-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #24
malwoody
LOST IN THE GT

Encounters: 2
Default Let's not kill the messenger..

I think Modda is merely working to interpret the rules as close to literal as possible. If someone is meant to be a mod that person should enforce rules even when they think they are bs...

Just my take and I don't think pounding on his interpretation is productive..
He didn't coin the rule(s)
malwoody is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #25
malwoody
LOST IN THE GT

Encounters: 2
Default Calm down Stud...

Quote:
To bring it up the forbidden topic is still left untouched. This has been sitting there how long?
It's all good...it'll be ok. I know what's really ailing you..
I mean if I were a Tiger fan right now, I'd be pissed as well...........OMG..di d I say that??.....LMAO....Rock Chalk....

malwoody is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:35 PM   #26
Morrison
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElamEno View Post

As for when a mod can close the threads...
1. Requested by OP - Just because it is requested does not mean the mod should.
2. If someone hijacks the thread and refuses to stay on topic... No i do not believe the thread should be closed.. if someone refuses to stay on topic point them, if they still refuse.. BAN THEM.
+1
Morrison is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #27
KenMonk
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by malwoody View Post
It's all good...it'll be ok. I know what's really ailing you..
I mean if I were a Tiger fan right now, I'd be pissed as well...........OMG..di d I say that??.....LMAO....Rock Chalk....

lol thread hijacker... and yes my butt still hurts from that loss...
Old 01-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #28
Omahan
Secretary of State

I never believed in closing threads just because the OP asked. I always felt that the thread belongs as much to the others who posted as to the OP - except for setting the topic. I wouldn't close a thread just because the OP put his foot in his mouth and was catching hell for it.
Omahan is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #29
Omahan
Secretary of State

Quote:
Where does it state that one can't bump a thread older then 30 days? The only thing I can find is that it is frowned upon to bump reviews older then 30 days UNLESS new relevent information is provided. In fact that rule states threads are allowed to flow on and be timeless, so closing those threads is not needed and a bit of a stretch.

Not only have the local Kansas City mods stated to not bump old threads, you have closed them. Most recent example: http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=125124

This has been happening more and more as of late and its something I strongly disagree with based on the information being relevant.

#13 - In our review forums, be mindful of the 'maturity' of threads you are posting to, ie. the date of the last item posted. We ask that you refrain from posting to a review in which the last post was made 30 or more days ago. Some exceptions may apply if you are providing relevant, valuable or updated information about the provider, but as a general rule of thumb, this can best be accomplished by writing a new review altogether and avoiding the bumping of old ones. This applies to our review forums, in particular, as discussion threads are often allowed to flow for an unspecified length of time.

Ken, generally mods discuss differences about moderating in the mod forum rather than here. Did modda or Adeptus go into the chat room and complain about how you moderate there?
Omahan is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #30
lacrew_2000
Account Disabled

Encounters: 36

Sometimes a newbie comes on and comments on a half dozen very old threads. Its a pain in the ass...haveway through the first post it sounds familiar, and you figure out its a year old. I have no problem with a mod or member admonishing the thread bumper....its just a courtesy thing, no matter what the rules technically allow you to do.
lacrew_2000 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women