Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160272
Yssup Rider59841
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47421
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35137
Mojojo33117

Old 11-28-2017, 06:06 PM   #16
oeb11
Valued Poster

Ms. Berkleigh has good taste in upper level wines
for a medium red people like - 14 Hands winery 2014 red Blend Hot to Trot
$10 a bottle or less at total wine.
Very nice and reasonable
Enjoy tasting
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:48 PM   #17
huskerred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Try a Red Ass Rhubarb from Prairieberry Winery in South Dakota. About $21 dollars a bottle, but very good. Won a number of awards around the country.
I am not a big wine person, but it is a very good wine.
huskerred is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:56 PM   #18
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Sinclair View Post
Riesling is sweet and easy to drink
Not all Riesling’s are sweet. It is a very versatile grape and can be fermented any number of ways, including bone dry to extreme,y sweet as in an eisswein.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:10 AM   #19
berkleigh
Wicked Tryst dot net

User ID: 791
Location: Midcities & North Dallas (Luxury Private Apt) - Travel to New York & La Jolla with FMTY's available.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
Ms. Berkleigh has good taste in upper level wines
for a medium red people like - 14 Hands winery 2014 red Blend Hot to Trot
$10 a bottle or less at total wine.
Very nice and reasonable
Enjoy tasting
I do enjoy the fancy stuff but also have migraines so I have to watch the sulfates. The more expensive, the less the headache.
berkleigh is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:52 AM   #20
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Recently tried this white Bordeaux for the first time (served during cocktail hour prior to a dinner party)....our table ended up going through "several bottles" before it was all said and done.

Naturally, I might also recommend a bottle of CJB...could run $40 to $225 per bottle depending on the year. My fave is still the 2001 vintage for more reasons than just the wine itself....a story, perhaps, for another time.

Was introduced to Terrazas de los Andes Torrontes Mendoza while attending a recent wine tasting at 60 Vines and loved it. Since that gathering I ordered a case of this wine to serve at an upcoming party I'll be hosting. Individual bottles run approx $14 per unit I believe....

By the way, love the other recommendations made per this thread. by other contributors....this should be one that wine lovers would want to keep going as everyone discover shidden nuggets out there. Cin cin!
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:40 AM   #21
Allegra Hope
Account Disabled

User ID: 317614
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Girl...

Although, people here has shown excellent taste; you may wanna start with champagne start with a simple bottle (Cooks, Korbel) once you acquire the taste go for one of my favs Veuve Clicquot. (My girl Berkleigh poison )
Then with white ones don't do the sweet stuff unless is absolutely what you like, try like someone said Riesling. I would recommend try Sauvignon Blancs those are dry means no sweet but so refreshing on summer days.

Now, if what you want is get yourself into the red ones, start by trying pinot noir, merlot...you need something really sweet a sangria may do for you! Some wines I love are spanish wines rioja, tempranillo, so understated and those are excellent to me. Tbh i just have one glass of red unless I'm eating big juicy steak i may have two.

I'm not wine expert by any means, just telling you how I got into wine...
Allegra Hope is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:33 PM   #22
almocsu
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Frances Coppola (the godfather)- Merlot- great $12.00 bottle
almocsu is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:12 PM   #23
Charlie Brown
Valued Poster

Encounters: 72
Default An Opinion !

Most often the cost of something is directly correlated to the quality of the product - say a Lexus for example.

Not necessarily true with all wines and something else we're found of around here.

Black Box wines are sold in most every grocery store in DFW. The Merlot small box, which holds roughly two glasses of wine, is a very well balanced smooth Merlot and in a blind taste test, you'd think it would cost around $20 a bottle - NADDA ! - under $4.00 EVERYWHERE! Simple good choice in a casual dinner for two.

The 2015 Colombia Crest Cabernet Sauvignon is rated a 91 by Wine Enthusiast Magazine. It's sold primarily at Costco for $6.97 a bottle and it's one of the best bottles of Cab I've ever tasted. I have several bottles rated higher at over twice the cost that can't compare to this wine.

If you're a red wine connoisseur, I think you'd agree that many of the reds coming out of Washington state are exceeding the quality of the Napa and Sonoma wines. I had a sommmelier giving a class on reds at Robert Mondavi say those exact words to me a short while back.

A trend I've noticed lately is a bunch of red blends that are super and these are coming from around the globe - South America (Chili), Argentina, California,France, Washington, & Spain.

For me, I purchase easily 90% of the wine I drink from Costco because many of their wines are rated and you don't have to guess on a new one as if it's going to be pored down the drain or consumed with a nice gourmet snack or thick grilled steak.
Charlie Brown is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:12 PM   #24
Guest031919
Account Disabled

User ID: 99045
My ECCIE Reviews

I love organic wines lately. No sulfites and no artificial fertilizers, pesticides, fungicides or herbicides - I can really taste the difference and also no hangovers!
Guest031919 is offline   Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:50 PM   #25
Crock
Upgraded Male Account

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
For me, I purchase easily 90% of the wine I drink from Costco because many of their wines are rated and you don't have to guess on a new one as if it's going to be pored down the drain or consumed with a nice gourmet snack or thick grilled steak.
Costco is a great place to get great wine, but don't obsess over wine ratings. They're notoriously corrupt.
Crock is offline   Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:04 PM   #26
ElBombero
Premium Access

Encounters: 10

If you find one you like, you can go to a good store like Pogo’s and ask them to help you find others. The Sigel’s on Inwood used to be good, too, but they closed. Also, look online at the wine lists of some nice restaurants. They usually have some in the sub-100 range that you can find in retail shops for $20-30. Nothing they serve is going to be shit, and you can find some good bargains that way.

Some specific suggestions of some recent cheap stuff I’ve had:

H3 Sauvignon Blanc - dirt cheap patio pounder

Z Alexander Brown Uncaged - a great, low cost cab

Favorites, but more expensive:

Orin Swift Papillon. - outstanding red blend

Neyers 304 - an un-oaked chardonnay - one of my favorite whites

Some overrated and/or over priced:

Katherine Hall Cab - almost $200 a bottle - good, but not THAT good. They claim 99-100 pts- whatever.

Far Niente Chardonnay - I bought a case of this in a silent auction 2 years ago and still have some because I always reach for something else.

Everyone has their own likes and dislikes, so don’t let price or ratings make you “like” something that you don’t enjoy.
ElBombero is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:27 PM   #27
steverino50
Premium Access

Encounters: 103

What MRMR said.

I have found a couple of cheap yet drinkable wines at ALDI's of all places. (Outlander for one).

Wine tastings are a lot of fun.
steverino50 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women