Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70391
biomed160347
Yssup Rider59862
gman4452876
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47444
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37065
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35201
Mojojo33117

Old 04-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #46
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
but of course he handled pretty much everything better (with the obvious exception of White House BJ discretion).
And those of us on a SHMB are going to criticize this???
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:37 PM   #47
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Makes sense, since they figure they're the ones who'll benefit politically. I think that's probably the case, but it's not nearly as clear as it was back in 1995 when Bill Clinton politically outmaneuvered Gingrich & Co.
This ain't 1995. There was no Fox News/talk radio/Internet to get the word out. Gingrich and company were at the mercy of ABC/CBS/NBC. The public is much more engaged today and sympathetic to cutting spending. That and they know that we are talking chump change in a multi-trillion budget. Which is why I think the Reps are making an issue of this. If Boehner can't stand up to Obama over something this small, the 2012 budget will be a massive swindle. If Boehner loses here, he may lose the Speakers gavel.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:48 PM   #48
pjorourke
Valued Poster

I thought this was a good perspective on the shut-down:

"Stockman—who in 1981 wrote the guidelines for a government shutdown that, three decades later, are still the template for the action he favors—insisted that the economic consequences of temporarily laying off one-fourth of the country’s 4 million federal employees and closing the doors of various agencies, have been greatly exaggerated in the service of demagoguery. “I think that’s a lot of baloney that’s being put out by the interest groups and lobbies and the White House,” Stockman told me, reacting to the Democrats’ dire claims of a new recession. “A few days or even a few weeks of a very few people on furlough—most of whom are likely to get back pay, because that has been the precedent in the past—once this crisis is over, how is that going to affect a $15 trillion economy?
“If the Smithsonian, the Parks Service and the Cherry Blossom Festival get delayed or canceled, it’s the wakeup call that we really needed. The fools inside the Beltway are borrowing $100 billion month in and month out, and there’s nobody left in the world buying except the central banks—the Fed and the people’s printing press of China. There’s no way that’s sustainable or viable. It’s simply building up pressure in the monetary system that’s going to blow sky-high.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2011-04-07/reagan-budget-guru-david-stockman-says-shut-down-the-government/full/#
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:48 PM   #49
Wetwork Daddy
BANNED

Hey, I heard The Obamas just left town on vacation. If the federal government does shut down, does that include Air Force One? Will the first family have to fly home on Southwest Airlines?
Wetwork Daddy is offline   Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:07 PM   #50
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Yep, another vacation...here is Obama's new campgain slogan for 2012:

BTW, the guy has played about 48 rounds of golf in the two years he has been in office (which includes the "worst economic recession since the great depression" and three wars inlcuding the one in Libya just started by Obama)...Bush stopped playing golf, in the second year of his Presidency, at about 18 rounds when the Iraq war started...

As a golfer I must admit; Obama can swing the stick alot better than he can throw a baseball (which is kind of girly don't you think?).

Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:18 PM   #51
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Anybody know what was agreed to? I'm reading $38 billion in cuts. What is going to be cut? What riders, if any, will pass?
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:21 PM   #52
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

The only riders had to do with how Washington DC can use some funds. The big policy ones did not make it in the final bill.

I have no issue with policy's being debated but this funding bill was the wrong place for them (and the Dems have been guilty of this as well).
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:39 PM   #53
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetwork Daddy View Post
Hey, I heard The Obamas just left town on vacation. If the federal government does shut down, does that include Air Force One? Will the first family have to fly home on Southwest Airlines?
Too bad you didn't meet Phatdaty before he was banned the day you joined.
He might have felt this way too.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #54
Wetwork Daddy
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
Too bad you didn't meet Phatdaty before he was banned the day you joined.
He might have felt this way too.
Who is that and what do you mean?
Old 04-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #55
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #56
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
When a bust occurs on a president's watch, it rarely works for him to claim that it's everybody else's fault.
Not entirely true. I seem to remember a recent disaster that happened on a President's watch which not only didn't get blamed on him, but its happening on his watch seemed to, alone, make him the de-facto expert on preventing the next one.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #57
Wetwork Daddy
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Now I am really confused. What man?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women