Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160442
Yssup Rider59884
gman4452909
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47492
pyramider46370
bambino40302
CryptKicker37075
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35292
Mojojo33117

Old 02-03-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
Maxxis
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 8
Default Best Place To Hide A Hobby Phone

The title says it all. A couple of friends and I have been having an ongoing discussion about this issue. SOs are notorious for "finding" things even when they are well hidden ("Oh, I was just dusting underneath the sink and found this taped to the back of the trash compactor").

Where do you guys with hobby phones hide them? Has one ever been discovered? How did you handle that situation?

I need ideas/advice from all the ninjas out there!
Maxxis is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:06 PM   #2
TinMan
The Grey Knight

Encounters: 128

Well, I know where not to hide them...the first 3 places you think of. Chances are, those will be on her list, too.

Seriously, I like the idea of a hobby SIM card instead of a separate phone. Easier to hide than a phone. I'd like to see more discussion of that possibility, as I'm not sure how interchangeable they really are.
TinMan is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
lisa.lisa0302
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 1877
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default I know some spots

1.In the air vents -- who looks there

2. "The Junk" drawer i usually run from my junk drawer

3. A pair of your favorite "im working on the car" coveralls - make sure they are extra greasy, smelly and just yucky. I never went nowhere near my ex-s work coveralls.

4. Your "work chest" every guy should have one. I never went in ex's toolbox, nothing in there interesting for me to use.

5. Underneath your cigars in your cigar box.

6. A puzzle box -----especially if the puzzle has been solved a gazillion times

7. Your shoe box- if you are a guy with alot of shoes

8. Your most rusty, ugly, holey shoes you own, but you can find it in yourself to throw them away. Dump it there

9. Your special occasion suit that collects dust in the back of the closet- until its time for that special occasion

10. Tape it in the fire place - caution, only if you don't use your fireplace

Hope this helps, and there is no use hiding your phone if you forget to turn it off...... Happy hunting
lisa.lisa0302 is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #4
travelling_man
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
My ECCIE Reviews

I have some good places but god only knows if my SO or anyone's for that matter would ever look here. If I list the places were I would hide it then what happens when/if my SO reads this and then looks there?
travelling_man is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:01 PM   #5
Guest100513-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 43

in pulp fiction christopher walken hid a watch for several years
Guest100513-2 is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:06 PM   #6
berkleigh
Wicked Tryst dot net

User ID: 791
Location: Midcities & North Dallas (Luxury Private Apt) - Travel to New York & La Jolla with FMTY's available.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

how about under your nuts in your underwear???

lol

or in a shoe in your closet ???

Maybe a pocket of your shirt or jacket in a closet???

underneath tools in your tool box because even I am handy but won't go there????

you gotta be creative because women are sneaky.........
berkleigh is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #7
bigmarv
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Glad I'm single and not in a relationship.
bigmarv is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:14 PM   #8
ocho cinco
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Hey keeping it stuffed down your pants is a great idea...
Its probably the only place most guys wives will never look!!!
ocho cinco is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:26 PM   #9
Guest122711
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Shoes in a closet are good

Grabage can in bathroom no one ever cleans out. Especially like if like the .5 bathroom
Guest122711 is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #10
boo-boo bear
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 24

1. In your car, down under where the spare tire sits. Who the hell ever looks there? If found, just say you found it in a parking lot, and threw it in the trunk, and forgot about it. (see below)

2. Out in the garage, in your toolbox, top shelf behind cans, tools, etc.

3. In the furnace, my filter lays flat, and has a little shelf back behind where the filter goes.

4. Just leave it at work, in your desk, or locker.

5. If work gives you a laptop, keep it in the laptop bag. If found, say it's for work, but you never use it because it is a royal pain in the ass to carry and keep track of two cell phones.

No matter where you keep the hobby phone:

1. Always turn off when not in play. Also, ALWAYS have a code lock on the phone, so that no one can pick it up and browse it, or turn it on and access the phone. That way, you can play dumb about it, she can't access it, and at worse, it is tossed out with the trash. Of course, do not be a dummy and use a code that she can crack, make it a completely random, no way related to any significant event in your life code!

2. I would suggest that you keep the ringer on vibrate, in case you forget #1.

3. NEVER store any number/name/contact in the hobby phone! The ladies do not like random calls from irate SOs!! If I have to write down the ladies number and location, on a small piece of paper, I dispose of it upon arrival at the ladies location. If I forget, then it is tossed, in little pieces, from the window, on the way home, far from home and the ladies location. (I prefer to dispose of prior to arrival at the ladies location, far enough away to not attract attention. Don't be a dummy and toss it in the parking area, entry way, lobby, etc. where someone may notice, pick up, ask questions, etc.) If someone notices a few different gentleman, all disposing of little pieces of information with same information, well, you may bring unwanted attention on the lady! Even Barney could put that clue trail together. Also, do not use a common writing pad, as she can use the ol' shading pencil trick to see what was written on the piece of paper above. Write on a single sheet of paper, on a hard surface.

4. After each and every use of the hobby phone, clear out any and all calls/texts sent and received. If the phone has a factory reset feature, makes it easier. (Remember to place phone back on vibrate.)

5. Always assume that you're a "dead man walking". i.e. That you are, one day, going to get too comfortable, not have your big head on a swivel, not paying attention and walk smack into the bear trap. So, have a generic damage control plan in place now! When you are ass deep in alligators, it is too late to work up a damage control response. Most of us, no matter what we think, are not that swift at making plausible things up on the fly, so my recommendation is don't try it! Make yourself a generic, catch-all plan now, and tweak it on the way to each event, tailor it to the event and location so that you are ready to deploy counter-measures in a timely, plausible and believable manner when required. And don't babble!

Well, there is my .02 cents, you wouldn't know, by reading above, that I am not married, nor have a SO, would you? But always play/plan/work the worst case scenario!
boo-boo bear is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #11
Guest0220
Account Disabled

User ID: 51
My ECCIE Reviews

If you have to hide it, I think hiding it in the open is the best idea. Either that or the extra SIM card you can just pop in your every day phone.

Get 2 cheapo prepaid phone and leave one in the glove box of your car and the other in the misses' car. Tell her someone at work told you a story about them being stranded/lost/in an accident or whatever and their regular phone died/was thrown out of the window, and was saved by the phone left for emergencies in the glove box. She will think you are really sweet.

Or, buy a cheapo prepaid phone and rub it on the pavement and scratch it up just a bit. Throw it somewhere in the car but take the battery and the back off and keep that part at work or hidden. It can be just that phone you found in the work parking lot that you meant to throw out or see if it was someone's at work and return it but you forgot.

How the hell are you going to explain the secret phone in a shoe in the back of the closet when she gets the wild hair to take some shit to Goodwill?
Guest0220 is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:16 PM   #12
Meiji
Zen Ambassador

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous BJ View Post
If you have to hide it, I think hiding it in the open is the best idea. Either that or the extra SIM card you can just pop in your every day phone.

How the hell are you going to explain the secret phone in a shoe in the back of the closet when she gets the wild hair to take some shit to Goodwill?
Yup, hiding the phone some place that would look very suspicious if found, or if you are caught retrieving is much worse than just keeping one powered off and in your car or in your computer bag and having a good excuse if you are asked about it.
Meiji is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:13 AM   #13
aka
Always On

Encounters: 9

Get a dual SIMM phone if it has the right features.
aka is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:37 AM   #14
Guest050613-02
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10

My hobby phone is no hobby phone at all, it is a Google Voice account that is forwarded to my cell phone. Setup to go straight to voicemail when I am not hobbying. Voicemails are converted to text and sent to my hobby email address. Address book & call history are online so no chance of being found in phone.

As of last week there is a Google Voice app so it just got even easier to manage & use. And it's free!!!
Guest050613-02 is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #15
Cowboy2Step
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

I hide mine in the oven...she never looks there...
Cowboy2Step is offline   Quote