Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 09-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10
Default Perry in debate: Lets throw Science "OUT THE DOOR"

Do I have to say more than the title?
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #2
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I missed the debate. Did he really say that?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Waverunner- oh no it's gets better: "Social Security is a Ponzi scheme.." Oh yeah that will get the elderly voting for him. He can kiss the State of Florida good bye if he makes it as the GOP candidate.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #4
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I think Perry really stuck his foot in the mouth- he said that as well as stating Social Security is nothing more than a Ponzi scheme- his rhetoric may have excited the TEA party and far right wingers but he will scare away Independents and conservative Dems
Old 09-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

It's an out of context statement. I caught part of the debate and Perry said that there are also scientists who disagree. If he takes one group of scientists to their word over another, that in no way implies that science is "out the door." The global warming brain trust is "out the door" and have been outed as "gvmt funding/taxing the citizenry" whores.

I don't like Perry and again I'll be voting for Ron Paul, but a lie like that is nothing more than an attempt to deceive.
DFW5Traveler is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #6
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW5Traveler View Post
It's an out of context statement. I caught part of the debate and Perry said that there are also scientists who disagree. If he takes one group of scientists to their word over another, that in no way implies that science is "out the door." The global warming brain trust is "out the door" and have been outed as "gvmt funding/taxing the citizenry" whores.

I don't like Perry and again I'll be voting for Ron Paul, but a lie like that is nothing more than an attempt to deceive.
DFW he had his chances to clarify his statement- keep in mind today was not the first time he was asked that question- I think Perry is just too far to the right to defeat Obama. I think either the media or either the GOP wants the choice to be either Romney or Perry- it looks like the other ones are mere after thoughts- it just seemed like the majority of the questions were addressed to Perry or Romney and they surely had the spotlight.
I think Paul gave honest answers but seemed like he kept getting interrupted. Once again I think Perry has some major flaws - ho can Perry be against a health care mandate then at the same time as a governor have a mandate for girls to get a vaccination????
Old 09-07-2011, 09:35 PM   #7
Laz
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
I think Perry really stuck his foot in the mouth- he said that as well as stating Social Security is nothing more than a Ponzi scheme- his rhetoric may have excited the TEA party and far right wingers but he will scare away Independents and conservative Dems

A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation that pays returns to separate investors, not from any actual profit earned by the organization, but from their own money or money paid by subsequent investors. The Ponzi scheme usually entices new investors by offering returns other investments cannot guarantee, in the form of short-term returns that are either abnormally high or unusually consistent. The perpetuation of the returns that a Ponzi scheme advertises and pays requires an ever-increasing flow of money from investors to keep the scheme going.
The system is destined to collapse because the earnings, if any, are less than the payments to investors.

Social Security takes money from people currently contributing to pay people that contributed in the past or in other words give them their return on the investment. The only difference is that nobody currently paying in expects a profit on the investment. The only way a ponzi scheme or social security could work is if you have an unending increase in the number of people paying in to fund those receiving money.

Bottom line you may not like the comparison but it as close to reality as you will get.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:22 PM   #8
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Perry is right. Social Security IS a ponzi scheme. It doesn't mean he want to leave it that way.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:30 PM   #9
CPT Savajo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4
Default HERE GOES SOME PROPOGANDA FOR YOU!!!

That whole debate was RIGGED from the get go and it was not in Ron Pauls favor. But here's what the people had to say on msnbc's website POLL. The link is at the bottom, check it out! Take note that the debate also aired on msnbc! Those damn teleprompters did what they were told to do and they ignored Ron Paul, Herman Cain, Santorum who I can't believe is still in there, and Huntsman to a degree. However, Ron Paul was the last candidate allowed to talk on EVERY issue. The American public seen right through the establishments games.

In this graph notice where the "bars" are for Ron Paul, Mitt Romeny, and Rick Perry! Then notice how many more votes Ron Paul has than both of them. If that isn't corporate controlled media propoganda then I don't know what is! Whoever said they love to get their news from MSNBC might want to get the facts from some other news agency that atleast reports the truth! The game is RIGGED! MSNBC is RIGGED and it doesn't get anymore clear cut than that. Perry was given the spotlight on purpose and is right that social security is a ponzi scheme. I think he "scared" a lot of people with his whole line on executing people. He'll lose votes with that stupid line, I knew Perry was going to say something stupid!

This debate backfired on corporate controlled media for trying to screw Ron Paul!

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...reagan-library
CPT Savajo is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:56 PM   #10
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post

No he did not. Chris Mattews said that.
Perry said he was against setting policy that effects the lives of people with unsettled science and
theory.

I'm still waiting to see that debate.

He did say Ponsi.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #11
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation that pays returns to separate investors, not from any actual profit earned by the organization, but from their own money or money paid by subsequent investors. The Ponzi scheme usually entices new investors by offering returns other investments cannot guarantee, in the form of short-term returns that are either abnormally high or unusually consistent. The perpetuation of the returns that a Ponzi scheme advertises and pays requires an ever-increasing flow of money from investors to keep the scheme going.
The system is destined to collapse because the earnings, if any, are less than the payments to investors.

Social Security takes money from people currently contributing to pay people that contributed in the past or in other words give them their return on the investment. The only difference is that nobody currently paying in expects a profit on the investment. The only way a ponzi scheme or social security could work is if you have an unending increase in the number of people paying in to fund those receiving money.

Bottom line you may not like the comparison but it as close to reality as you will get.
LAZ you and I both agree that Medicare and Medicaid need to be changed, but a politician to say they he want's to change Medicare and Medicaid is political suicide.
What if a politician was to come out and say : " The Iraq War and Afghan war have killed thousands of innocent muslims civilians- far more than Americans killed during 9-11..." All that fact is true- a politician would get blasted if he worded his statement in that manner- Perry did a horrible job calling it a Ponzi scheme- point blank.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:02 PM   #12
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT Savajo View Post
That whole debate was RIGGED from the get go and it was not in Ron Pauls favor. But here's what the people had to say on msnbc's website POLL. The link is at the bottom, check it out! Take note that the debate also aired on msnbc! Those damn teleprompters did what they were told to do and they ignored Ron Paul, Herman Cain, Santorum who I can't believe is still in there, and Huntsman to a degree. However, Ron Paul was the last candidate allowed to talk on EVERY issue. The American public seen right through the establishments games.

In this graph notice where the "bars" are for Ron Paul, Mitt Romeny, and Rick Perry! Then notice how many more votes Ron Paul has than both of them. If that isn't corporate controlled media propoganda then I don't know what is! Whoever said they love to get their news from MSNBC might want to get the facts from some other news agency that atleast reports the truth! The game is RIGGED! MSNBC is RIGGED and it doesn't get anymore clear cut than that. Perry was given the spotlight on purpose and is right that social security is a ponzi scheme. I think he "scared" a lot of people with his whole line on executing people. He'll lose votes with that stupid line, I knew Perry was going to say something stupid!

This debate backfired on corporate controlled media for trying to screw Ron Paul!

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...reagan-library
To be honest with you CPT- I watched the whole debate and if I didn't know any better I could have said it was a 2 man debate between Perry and Romney-I don't think the moderators were fair in the distribution of question- I wonder if there's a stat that shows who got asked the most questions.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #13
Laz
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
LAZ you and I both agree that Medicare and Medicaid need to be changed, but a politician to say they he want's to change Medicare and Medicaid is political suicide.
What if a politician was to come out and say : " The Iraq War and Afghan war have killed thousands of innocent muslims civilians- far more than Americans killed during 9-11..." All that fact is true- a politician would get blasted if he worded his statement in that manner- Perry did a horrible job calling it a Ponzi scheme- point blank.
You may be right about that. I hope not because the system needs a significant change and if people buy into the others BS that minor tweaks will solve the problem the change will never happen.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:13 PM   #14
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Actually I am starting to believe what CPT says about Ron Paul- with all honesty MSNBC could have named this the Romney vs Perry debate- but there were many candidates that went over their time limit, but when Paul went over he gets interrupted and the moderators should have asked the only candidate their in the health firld what his thoughts of the Health care bill.
I think Perry came off looking foolish when his state has poor health care and that the majority of jobs created are low paying jobs- Romney did a good thing pointing out that Texas has no income taxes and has plenty of oil and natural gas so it wasn't as if Perry had some great plan to create jobs.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:30 PM   #15
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Perry can not win the general election btw, unless unemployment jumps to over 11%

The fuc'n thing is good 'till the year 2036 and then could pay 75% through 2085 without adjustments. How many of you have your finances in that good of shape?

It is not a Ponzi scheme. It has been a way for this country to not address the fact that SS overpayment has made it possible for us to overspend on Defense without having any reprecussions.

Do you folks even understand how the tax system works? The Defense Department is spending the fuc out of your retirement savings and we have not adjusted for the fact that people are living longer.

http://www.ssa.gov/oact/trsum/index.html

Social Security expenditures exceeded the program’s non-interest income in 2010 for the first time since 1983. The $49 billion deficit last year (excluding interest income) and $46 billion projected deficit in 2011 are in large part due to the weakened economy and to downward income adjustments that correct for excess payroll tax revenue credited to the trust funds in earlier years. This deficit is expected to shrink to about $20 billion for years 2012-2014 as the economy strengthens. After 2014, cash deficits are expected to grow rapidly as the number of beneficiaries continues to grow at a substantially faster rate than the number of covered workers. Through 2022, the annual cash deficits will be made up by redeeming trust fund assets from the General Fund of the Treasury. Because these redemptions will be less than interest earnings, trust fund balances will continue to grow. After 2022, trust fund assets will be redeemed in amounts that exceed interest earnings until trust fund reserves are exhausted in 2036, one year earlier than was projected last year. Thereafter, tax income would be sufficient to pay only about three-quarters of scheduled benefits through 2085.
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women