Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 09-14-2011, 07:01 AM   #1
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28
Default NY 9th District Goes Anti-Obama....Why?

The House seat held by disgraced Rep. Weiner went to a republican last night (special election) - by a significant margin ! A republican who ran a campgain aimed at Obama's economic agenda.

This district was solid Democrat - heavily Jewish; the seat of Geraldine Ferraro and Chuckie Schumer..........but Obama's anti-Israel/pro arab polcies were a no-go for residents of the 9th district.......

Here is a WSJ link chronicling why Obama is losing the Jewish vote.....look out Florida and Pennsylvania (heavily populated Jewish votes)....tick, tick, tick !

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...341742174.html
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:20 AM   #2
gnadfly
Account Disabled

I can hear it now -
but...but..

The TEA Party!
The Mess Bush left!
Pass My Jobs Bill Now (after I get back from vacation)!
..er
Rahm Emmanuel!
*sigh*
Remember I killed bin Laden!
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:43 AM   #3
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

True; the ECCIE Obama zombies will post their crap, defending Obama to the end of his one term Presidency......that is what defines a zombie; autopilot idiocy....let them continue making fools of themselves defending his destructive policies.....America knows better -even those in the hard democratic precints of NY 9th !

BTW; the most recent Rasmussen poll has Romney beating Obama in a head to head election.....the trends are looking positive for an Obama loss in 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
I can hear it now -
but...but..

The TEA Party!
The Mess Bush left!
Pass My Jobs Bill Now (after I get back from vacation)!
..er
Rahm Emmanuel!
*sigh*
Remember I killed bin Laden!
Old 09-14-2011, 08:47 AM   #4
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
The House seat held by disgraced Rep. Weiner went to a republican last night (special election) - by a significant margin ! A republican who ran against Obama's economic agenda.

This district was solid Democrat
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...341742174.html
Perhaps it is the same reason that on May 11 of this year the Democrats won an Upstate NY House seat (previously held by a disgraced Republican, Rep. Chris Lee) in a heavily Republican Congressional District. The similarities: in both instances a member of the US Congress resigned because of a scandal. And in both instances the Congressional seats were won by candidates from the opposing party, despite the fact that they were districts held for a long period of time by the the other party.

At the end of the day, both districts will probably revert back in the next general election. Que sera! Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

http://www.wndu.com/politics/headlines/122547169.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
I can hear it now -
I see you're playing hooky from school again! Does the principal know?
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:01 AM   #5
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Nice try at distortion BigTex....you are blowing smoke up our arses; the republican loss of the NY 26th district in May isn't similar in any way. Ms. Hochul won a plurality (47%) of the votes, not a majority, getting only one percentage point more than Barack Obama as he was losing the district in 2008. Not exactly a compelling performance.

Democrats won the 26th only because a third-party candidate—self-proclaimed tea partier Jack Davis—spent a reported $3 million of his own money. Absent Mr. Davis as a spoiler—he got 9% of the vote—Democrats would never have made a serious bid for this district, nor won if they did. Ironically, Mr. Davis ran for the same seat in the last three elections as a Democrat. This year he ran as a spoiler populist conservative.

Keep thinking like an amatuer BigTex and your Obama will surely be a one term President, you just keep denying the facts on the ground dude !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Perhaps it is the same reason that on May 11 of this year the Democrats won an Upstate NY House seat (previously held by a disgraced Republican, Rep. Chris Lee) in a heavily Republican Congressional District. The similarities: in both instances a member of the US Congress resigned because of a scandal. At the end of the day, both districts will probably revert back in the next general election. Que sera!

http://www.wndu.com/politics/headlines/122547169.html
Old 09-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #6
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Advantage: Whirlaway
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:32 AM   #7
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:

Keep thinking like an amatuer BigTex and your Obama will surely be a one term President, you just keep denying the facts on the ground dude !

Hey, Whirl, give him a break, sometimes. He's reading headlines again.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:37 AM   #8
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:

I can assure you that Obama's chances in the next general election will not be influenced by my vote, whether it be for Obama or not! (I have not made my mind up as of yet) What will be the deciding factor is who will be on the Republican ticket? Whether you like him or not, Obama is excellent on the campaign trail and he has access to more campaign funds than any other candidate. And he has no primary opposition! His opponent must spend a huge amount of money against primary opponents, just to make it to the general election.

I have said before and I will say it again, Obama is extremely vulnerable against a moderate Republican opponent. If America's choice is Rick Perry, Michelle Bachman, Sarah Palin or Newt Gingrich, Obama will win. Hell, even Rick Santorum is a moderate compared to those Far Right Wing Nuts.

The Republican opponent is very critical in the November 2012 election. You guys better put up the right opponent or Obama will clean your clocks once again!
Old 09-14-2011, 09:41 AM   #9
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Whirlway I got some better than your topic- here's a poll in which Americans are faoring Obama's economic plan over the GOP: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ess/?hpt=hp_t2

I created a thread here: http://eee.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=292110

I think that is bigger news than this NY seat you are talking about- in the bigger picture no way in hell Obama doesn't win the state of nY and CA as well by huge numbers so it's a non issue- however can you give me one good reason why Americans who were polled still would rather trust Obama's economic plan than the GOP's??? This is horrible news for the GOP!!!!! The fact of the matter is Americans know that Obama is genuine about creating jobs and they know the GOP has no plans except to give the rich and corporations a tax break.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:46 AM   #10
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
I can assure you that Obama's chances in the next general election will not be influenced by my vote, whether it be for Obama or not! (I have not made my mind up as of yet) What will be the deciding factor is who will be on the Republican ticket? Whether you like him or not, Obama is excellent on the campaign trail and he has access to more campaign funds than any other candidate. And he has no primary opposition! His opponent must spend a huge amount of money against primary opponents, just to make it to the general election.

I have said before and I will say it again, Obama is extremely vulnerable against a moderate Republican opponent. If America's choice is Rick Perry, Michelle Bachman, Sarah Palin or Newt Gingrich, Obama will win. Hell, even Rick Santorum is a moderate compared to those Far Right Wing Nuts.

The Republican opponent is very critical in the November 2012 election. You guys better put up the right opponent or Obama will clean your clocks once again!
BigTex- you are so right- no way in Hell Perry or Romney beats Obama- you are correct the GOP candidate has to be in the middle- he has to be able to pull huge numbers of Independent voters their way- Perry can't do that-Bachmann sure as hell can't do it- I also don't think Romney can do it- Romney is trying to play both sides by appealing to the TEA party side and at times trying to "appear" moderate. Romney in all the debates is the only candidate who even mentioned tax breaks for the middle class and he got a lukewarm reception from the audience. The GOP is in bigger trouble than they think especially with the current crop they have running against Obama.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:53 AM   #11
blue3122
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

All politics is local. The Democratic candidate in NY-9 had a lot of problems. He is Jewish but voted to allow the mosque and Islamic center near Ground Zero. (Strike One. The district is 40% Jewish). He voted in favor of gay marriage (Strike Two because this district has a lot of very conservative Hasidic Jews.). The Republican candidate was likeable and had Obama to run against. (Strike Three) So in a District that has never been Republican the final congressman is Republican (This district goes away in the next election cycle.). The Democratic candidate (Weprin) had some bad social issues and a bad economy. Probably the only person that could have lost to him was Sharon Angle or the one from Delaware (name escapes me because I am old). So, while I am glad this seat went Republican (not that I like any politicians), I don't think you can read too much into this one seat. Even if Obama wins in 2012, which unfortunately, he has a chance to do, (Consider that by this time in Jimmy Carter's presidency, the Democrats had already bailed an were trying to save their individual skins and by a lot of measures, Carter was far better than Obama. Oh, to wish for a Jimmy Carter economy!!) there are a lot of Democratic Senators in positions where they could easily lose and turn the Senate over the Republicans. The Democrats have no chance of regaining the House so an Obama win may face a unified (well, in theory) Republican Congress. Then we have BLISS. Gridlock. Yeah.
blue3122 is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:02 AM   #12
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Yepper...........and these issues will transalte to other districts and states !

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue3122 View Post
All politics is local. The Democratic candidate in NY-9 had a lot of problems. He is Jewish but voted to allow the mosque and Islamic center near Ground Zero. Check, same as Obama...(Strike One. The district is 40% Jewish). He voted in favor of gay marriage.. Check, same as Obama...( (Strike Two because this district has a lot of very conservative Hasidic Jews.). The Republican candidate was likeable and had Obama to run against. (Strike Three) So in a District that has never been Republican the final congressman is Republican (This district goes away in the next election cycle.). The Democratic candidate (Weprin) had some bad social issues and a bad economy. .. Check, same as Obama...(Probably the only person that could have lost to him was Sharon Angle or the one from Delaware (name escapes me because I am old). So, while I am glad this seat went Republican (not that I like any politicians), I don't think you can read too much into this one seat. Even if Obama wins in 2012, which unfortunately, he has a chance to do, (Consider that by this time in Jimmy Carter's presidency, the Democrats had already bailed an were trying to save their individual skins and by a lot of measures, Carter was far better than Obama. Oh, to wish for a Jimmy Carter economy!!) there are a lot of Democratic Senators in positions where they could easily lose and turn the Senate over the Republicans. The Democrats have no chance of regaining the House so an Obama win may face a unified (well, in theory) Republican Congress. Then we have BLISS. Gridlock. Yeah.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #13
blue3122
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Whirl. Slow down. Its one race in a district with a bad Democratic candidate. Even Wolf Blitzer called him the dumbest candidate this year. I don't think this has much, if any, value as a referendum on Obama in 2012. 1. Its too far out 2. This particular district had a lot of interesting overlaps in terms of religion, history, demographics.
Also, at this time in 1991, 41 had a 70% approval rating and was considered unbeatable in 1992. Obama has 3 main problems (my opinion). 1. Lack of leadership or any coherent plan. 2. Government by over regulation. (This is really harming the economy more than anything). 3. He hasn't done anything for his base and will have a difficult time winning unless he gets a big turnout (which he had in 2008).
blue3122 is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #14
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Whirl. Slow down. Its one race in a district with a bad Democratic candidate.
The "problem" is ... it is "one race" in a continuum.

One is an event. Two may be two separate events. Three is a trend.

As for any conclusions. Way to early, ..

... but closing the window rapidly and his arrogance is blinding him.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #15
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
1. Lack of leadership or any coherent plan. 2. Government by over regulation. (This is really harming the economy more than anything). 3. He hasn't done anything for his base and will have a difficult time winning unless he gets a big turnout (which he had in 2008).
Blue, I agree with your assessment on 2 of the 3 counts! Good job!

I voted for Obama in 2008 but I am still uncertain whether I will do so in 2012. If the Republican nominee is Perry, Bachman, Palin, Gingrich, Cain or Santorum, I will vote for Obama without hesitation! If it is one of the others, my mind is open! I especially like Huntsman but it appears he is one of the least likely to get the nomination!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women