Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Iowa > The Sandbox - Iowa
The Sandbox - Iowa The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70475
biomed161016
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453033
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47759
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 09-13-2014, 09:45 PM   #1
vegasbaby7
Premium Access

Encounters: 28
Angry My Hawkeye rant...

It's time for Greg Davis to get the fuck outa Iowa City! He can take Jake Rudock with him! GD is wasting more offensive talent than some successful Iowa teams had. What a piss poor game by both of those guys!!
vegasbaby7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:40 PM   #2
CryptKicker
Quatsch!

Encounters: 12

Um-- it's the University of Iowa... maybe he can coach the wrestling team because you will never have a football power there.
CryptKicker is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:13 AM   #3
x"CY"ting
Valued Poster

Encounters: 59

GO CYCLONES
x"CY"ting is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:28 PM   #4
Golfer1
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by x"CY"ting View Post
GO CYCLONES
Great win for ISU. What is unfortunate is that out three fastest receivers never were targeted. I'd like to see the game played again,this time with Iowa's coaches giving us a chance to actually win. Not saying ISU wouldn't win, but just saying. Let the best kids play.
Golfer1 is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:33 PM   #5
Golfer1
Valued Poster

And to the Texas fan, Texas is 3-1 in BCS Bowls, Iowa is 1-1. Recent history. I didn't bother to look up T10 finishes, but if you take the time to do this you will see it is similar in recent history. And then if you're bored, look up Iowa's record against the SEC and compare it with Texas's history against the SEC.

We hired Greg Davis. Although he doesn't have the last say about the offense we'd be happy if Texas took him back.

FWIW, Iowa needs to do exactly what you are doing in Texas currently. That is to say rip off the band aid. Mack Brown stayed too long, and I think so has our guy.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:09 PM   #6
shayla84
Account Disabled

User ID: 159448
My ECCIE Reviews

Im a hawkeyes fan here, and in NFL Broncos all day baby Other then that I am a hockey and MMA sporty girl, especially since I do MMA in my personal life.
shayla84 is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:13 PM   #7
normalguy21
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer1 View Post
And to the Texas fan, Texas is 3-1 in BCS Bowls, Iowa is 1-1. Recent history. I didn't bother to look up T10 finishes, but if you take the time to do this you will see it is similar in recent history. And then if you're bored, look up Iowa's record against the SEC and compare it with Texas's history against the SEC.

We hired Greg Davis. Although he doesn't have the last say about the offense we'd be happy if Texas took him back.

FWIW, Iowa needs to do exactly what you are doing in Texas currently. That is to say rip off the band aid. Mack Brown stayed too long, and I think so has our guy.
Well spoken .Although im sure he is a great guy in person .But that being said there needs to be a shake up in iowa program . The talent is there the recruiters did there job . It would be nice to see it all come together as a winning season . But what do i know ?
normalguy21 is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:24 PM   #8
Golfer1
Valued Poster

No more Kinnick Society donation or season tickets from me. I buy single game tix only. I usually go to all of the away games, and was prepared to go to Pittsburgh this weekend. Actually was going to invite a lady. Not now.

Look, I've had dinner with KF. He's a great guy. Has done a lot for us in terms of T10's and BCS Bowls. Especially against the SEC when no other B1G team can do it. Having said that, I've had it.

The ISU-Iowa game wasn't fair to the kids. Or fans and donors. It was painful to watch, and I think even ISU fans that understand football went away with a hollow feeling even after winning. Most ISU fans get this except those at the extreme fringes, which every fan base has. It's like making money. No huge secret or complicated formula why 10% of us make 90% of the money. It is what it is.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:18 PM   #9
CryptKicker
Quatsch!

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer1 View Post

What makes you think I'm a Texas Longhorns fan? Burnt orange only looks good on some buses.
CryptKicker is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:21 PM   #10
livn2do
Premium Access

Encounters: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayla84 View Post
and in NFL Broncos all day baby
Shame I can no longer see you then.
livn2do is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:07 AM   #11
mancanon
Premium Access

Encounters: 35

yea, the hawkeyes are looking pretty bad. The program seemed to have shifted some when Norm Parker wasn't there. Our defense used to be outstanding every year. Our offence gets a lead and then goes into a "don't lose mode" takes away the momentum and can't get it back. it has seemed to me for years that the QB's are very tentative out there. I think it is time for a change, but would be expensive for the school to get out of that big contract
mancanon is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #12
Golfer1
Valued Poster

They have the money. They could move KF, if they could get him to agree, to an office in the AD as Director of Football. Pay him $1MM annually. Even if he didn't agree, we'd pay 75% of his salary in monthly installments. About $200K monthly. In 2016 there would be an influx of $90MM from BTN.

Trust me, we have the money. The balance sheet and p&l for the AD shows a small loss, but that is because the AD pays back the U for security, parking, housing, schollys etc. It's a shell game when they say the AD loses money. And the WSJ and forbes agree with me. I do have some knowledge on how things work down there amongst the libs.

Stoops has indicated interest. I think BB might come back if Arkansas gets tired of him.

The problem is how do you ask Joe Pa, Hayden Fry or Mack Brown to step down? And now KF. All great coaches with huge success. All seemingly stayed, or staying too long.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:35 PM   #13
vegasbaby7
Premium Access

Encounters: 28

Don't think I agree KF has stayed too long. Just think he made a mistake hiring GD. if he keeps him it will probably cost him his job which w/b unfortunate imo. How many times have we heard KF say "the QB & receivers weren't on the same page" after a game? Seems to me if they're not on the same page consistently after 3 springs, 3 fall camps, & 28 games there is a definite problem. A problem that didn't exist until this OC was hired & installed this piss poor excuse for an offense. If KF wants to be loyal to GD then I guess they both have to go.
vegasbaby7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:33 AM   #14
Guest091515-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 43

I think Mark Mangino would have been a great OC at Iowa. He certainly will help Iowa State as things go along. Except the poor guy looks like a massive coronary waiting to happen.
Guest091515-1 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women