Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70384
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452866
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47436
pyramider46370
bambino40285
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 11-28-2011, 03:43 PM   #16
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
WTF, when did that come up? He simply said that the Constitution confers a lifetime appointment on federal judges. That's a fact. Maybe it needs to be changed. That's why we have the amendment process.

The question is how do "we the people" get an amendment process started to change something like this?

Honestly unless people really are affected by it directly (in their lives) most probably will be apathetic to trying to change it. I could be wrong however... as time goes by maybe people will realize these types of things should never be set up like this where the ones appointed do not have to answer to anyone.
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:56 PM   #17
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Actually, recusal of judges is not controlled by the Constitution in any event, but by Congress. The general recusal statute is 28 U.S.C. § 455:

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/28/I/21/455

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/28/I/21/455

See also 28 U.S.C. §§47, 144.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:01 PM   #18
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

OK, TTH, where do we go if they refuse to recuse themselves? Do we sue them?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:18 PM   #19
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
WTF, when did that come up? He simply said that the Constitution confers a lifetime appointment on federal judges. That's a fact. Maybe it needs to be changed. That's why we have the amendment process.
We had a vetting process.

Why should judges have to worry about popular opinion?

Why have judges at all if all we are going to do is vote their ass out if we do not like their rulings?

The system may not be perfect but it is a helluva lot better than WTF you are proposing.

The lynch Mob mentality would rule the day.

These are some pretty smart cookies up there , even if I do not agree with four of them very much
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:18 PM   #20
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
This is the only other way We the People can overturn a SCOTUS decision through an an amendment to the Constitution.

Personally, I'm appalled how we have allowed the legislative branch to be marginalized and our laws to be subverted by the judicial system through case law and agencies through administrative law. I guess it's what happens when the government gets too big.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:26 PM   #21
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
I guess it's what happens when the government gets too big.

It is what happens when there are differing opinions in different appellate courts. Really has nothing to do with big government.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #22
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
It is what happens when there are differing opinions in different appellate courts. Really has nothing to do with big government.
If you read the whole of my comment, I spoke of administrative law as well as case / appellate law. Many of the "laws" we live by are really administrative rulings based on the interpretation of a law passed by any given legislature. I would imagine that in turn a great many of these administrative "laws" and concepts that are disseminated throughout the citizenry are what gets challenged in court.

Further, it is my understanding that if in the 5th Circuit a ruling goes one way and if in the 3rd Circuit a ruling goes another way, the law in question is interpreted differently in each Circuit unless it is appealed to the Supreme Court, the Supreme Court decides to hear it and then makes a ruling.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #23
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
We had a vetting process.

Why should judges have to worry about popular opinion?

Why have judges at all if all we are going to do is vote their ass out if we do not like their rulings?

The system may not be perfect but it is a helluva lot better than WTF you are proposing.

The lynch Mob mentality would rule the day.

These are some pretty smart cookies up there , even if I do not agree with four of them very much
WTF, you are truly a moron. I haven't proposed anything. You are listening to the voices in your head. I think you may present a danger to yourself and/or others. You are arguing with yourself, and losing.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:43 PM   #24
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

Quote:
WTF, you are truly a moron. I haven't proposed anything. You are listening to the voices in your head. I think you may present a danger to yourself and/or others. You are arguing with yourself, and losing.

Maybe you need to take an 8th grade Civics Class.

Not that I have proposed you do so.

I have only run across one poster with more double speak than you.

Are there any more big government proposals you'd like to make to get government smaller?

Yes , if enough folks decided to change the Constitution, they could. I just think it stupid in this regard.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:46 PM   #25
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
If you read the whole of my comment, I spoke of administrative law as well as case / appellate law. Many of the "laws" we live by are really administrative rulings based on the interpretation of a law passed by any given legislature. I would imagine that in turn a great many of these administrative "laws" and concepts that are disseminated throughout the citizenry are what gets challenged in court.

Further, it is my understanding that if in the 5th Circuit a ruling goes one way and if in the 3rd Circuit a ruling goes another way, the law in question is interpreted differently in each Circuit unless it is appealed to the Supreme Court, the Supreme Court decides to hear it and then makes a ruling.
All I addressed was the fact that none of this had anything to do with your so called big government theory.
Quote:
This is the only other way We the People can overturn a SCOTUS decision through an an amendment to the Constitution.

Personally, I'm appalled how we have allowed the legislative branch to be marginalized and our laws to be subverted by the judicial system through case law and agencies through administrative law. I guess it's what happens when the government gets too big.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:26 PM   #26
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

WTF. Truly off the wall.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:34 PM   #27
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
All I addressed was the fact that none of this had anything to do with your so called big government theory.
Our governments (federal, state, municipal) have gotten so big that management by the legislative branch and enforced by the executive branch has become impossible. Instead what we did was create agencies which in turn created labyrinths of bureaucrats that created even still more complicated labyrinths of administrative law that are enforced by the bureaucrats charged by said agencies to govern us. Think EPA, OSHA, FDA, BLM, Railroad Commission and Homeland Security that fine companies and enforce mandates that are “interpretations” of the laws. Social services agencies that through their interpretation of law decide who gets what entitlement funds such as Health and Human Services, whatever department that administrates Medicade/Medicare, etc. Now add in the scary, enforcement agencies such as DEA, FBI, IRS, CIA and Homeland Security to the interpretation equation. Yeah! These agencies are what govern us not the blueprint set out by the Founding Fathers. That’s what I meant when I said this:

Quote:
……………..Personally, I'm appalled how we have allowed the legislative branch to be marginalized and our laws to be subverted by the judicial system through case law and agencies through administrative law. I guess it's what happens when the government gets too big.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:04 PM   #28
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Well, just ignore WTF, he isn't making any sense. He obviously snuck into the nurse's station and used their computer while the staff was tending to a patient who was having a manic episode.

I wasn't proposing anything when I said that Justices "should" recuse themselves in certain cases. I know full well they don't have to. The idea is (was) that federal judges and justices needed to be above politics. It was anticipated by our Founders that the SC would be staffed by men and women of high scholarship and integrity. It ain't that way, folks.

If I were to propose anything to remedy this, I would propose repealing the 17th amendment. The Senate was intended to represent the interests of the several state governments; to act as a roadblock on federal control of the states. While the process has always been political to a degree, what we have now are senators confirming people based on what will be best for their donors. The Court should be a bastion of legal scholarship and high ethical standards. Now it's become probably the most political branch of government. Justices are selected on the basis their ideology, rather than expertise. Is Elaina Kagan really the most qualified person in the country to sin on the Court? Of course not, but she is an insurance policy for the President on Obamacare.

If we had state governments selecting the senators, the make up of the Court would be substantially different. The senators would be beholding to their state, not their donors. Therefore the confirmation of federal judges would be less political, and we might have a few more scholars on there, and fewer political hacks.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:45 AM   #29
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Well, just ignore WTF, he isn't making any sense. He obviously snuck into the nurse's station and used their computer while the staff was tending to a patient who was having a manic episode.

I wasn't proposing anything when I said that Justices "should" recuse themselves in certain cases. I know full well they don't have to. The idea is (was) that federal judges and justices needed to be above politics. It was anticipated by our Founders that the SC would be staffed by men and women of high scholarship and integrity. It ain't that way, folks.

If I were to propose anything to remedy this, I would propose repealing the 17th amendment. The Senate was intended to represent the interests of the several state governments; to act as a roadblock on federal control of the states. While the process has always been political to a degree, what we have now are senators confirming people based on what will be best for their donors. The Court should be a bastion of legal scholarship and high ethical standards. Now it's become probably the most political branch of government. Justices are selected on the basis their ideology, rather than expertise. Is Elaina Kagan really the most qualified person in the country to sin on the Court? Of course not, but she is an insurance policy for the President on Obamacare.

If we had state governments selecting the senators, the make up of the Court would be substantially different. The senators would be beholding to their state, not their donors. Therefore the confirmation of federal judges would be less political, and we might have a few more scholars on there, and fewer political hacks.

You are about as naive as they come , everything is political. The founding fathers were no better than people today. They set things up to their advantage. That was human nature then , it is human nature now and it will be human nature in the future.

This is how a capitalist society works. Markets implode, societies implode. That is how it has always been and that is how it will always be. The smart people in any society adapt to the rules and make money regardless. The rich ones buy influence. If you are not rich enough to buy influence , start adapting and quit your bitching.

You act like we are all 8th graders and not wise to the ways of the world.

You talk about how it should be and I talk about how it really is.

You are a dreamer, maybe the fifth Beatle!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:00 AM   #30
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Our governments (federal, state, municipal) have gotten so big that management by the legislative branch and enforced by the executive branch has become impossible. Instead what we did was create agencies which in turn created labyrinths of bureaucrats that created even still more complicated labyrinths of administrative law that are enforced by the bureaucrats charged by said agencies to govern us. Think EPA, OSHA, FDA, BLM, Railroad Commission and Homeland Security that fine companies and enforce mandates that are “interpretations” of the laws. Social services agencies that through their interpretation of law decide who gets what entitlement funds such as Health and Human Services, whatever department that administrates Medicade/Medicare, etc. Now add in the scary, enforcement agencies such as DEA, FBI, IRS, CIA and Homeland Security to the interpretation equation. Yeah! These agencies are what govern us not the blueprint set out by the Founding Fathers. That’s what I meant when I said this:
Well our laws are not subverted by the courts. They have always been interpreted by the courts. If you disagree with a court decision I suppose you could cry that the courts have subverted laws. Some folks still think Plessy vs Fergurson should be law instead of Brown vs Board of Education.
I personally think the courts get it right moreso than congress. They are not so much ruled by mob mentality. I think that is how the founders wanted it but I could be wrong, I wasn't there like CuteOldGuy!

But congress created all these agencies , not the courts.

Maybe all we are discussing is what came first, the chicken or the egg.
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women