Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70393
biomed160366
Yssup Rider59872
gman4452881
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47449
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37068
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35219
Mojojo33117

Old 04-15-2011, 08:11 AM   #1
Camille
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 511
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Specs v Contact lenses

I'm far sighted (I think I got that the right way round...I can see things clearly that are reasonably far away, but not anything too close) and have been wearing specs for a while for things like reading menus, reading the ingredients on packets of food, reading the back of a DVD etc. I don't however wear them for general reading. I'm going for an eye test next week and suspect my sight has become worse (probably because I haven't worn them enough) and will need new specs/lenses. For those that wear contact lenses, what are the pros v cons for you of those v specs...just incase I end up going that route.

TY

C xxxx
Camille is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #2
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default one word

lasik eye surgery
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:22 AM   #3
Camille
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

WTF, I'm trying to get past the squeemish factor of contacts lol..never mind lasik
Btw, can you have lasik on far sighted eyes? To be honest, I don't know much about what makes someone a prime candidate...

C x
Old 04-15-2011, 08:57 AM   #4
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Well I wear regular glasses. As far as this hobby goes well they can be a little inconvenient cause I've left my glasses in the girls room on a few ocassions, lol. I would leave walk through the parking lot get into my car and realize oh shit my glasses. Go back up to her room knock on her door. She'll come to the door holding my glasses with that sweet little grin and say " did you foreget these sweetie" Whats good about it though is I'll get another hug and a kiss, lol. Glasses or contacts. Hmm I might just stick with glasses.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:58 AM   #5
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille View Post
WTF, I'm trying to get past the squeemish factor of contacts lol..never mind lasik
Btw, can you have lasik on far sighted eyes? To be honest, I don't know much about what makes someone a prime candidate...

C x
You are near sighted, which means you have trouble seeing far off. .....and yes you can have that surgey. It sounds as if you vision is not all that bad. I was at a +8 on one eye and they did not do corrective lasik surgey except to around a -6 to a + 3. That was ten years ago and they have expanded that range.

Do the research and I think it would be way less trouble than wearing contacts.

I had cataract surgery because I was so near sighted I was also far sighted! Corrected me to 20/25 and 20/30. I wore contacts for 25 years, hated them. I plan on getting the lasik at some point for reading.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #6
Ed Highlight
Valued Poster

Encounters: 79
Default One word???

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
lasik eye surgery
This could be the funniest thing you ever posted!! I don't know why, it just hit me that way.....

Anyway, I have the opposite issue from the OP and can see well up close needing glasses/contacts for distance. However, now that I'm old, I have to take my glasses off to read or can't read up close with my contacts on. It sucks both ways. If I have my contacts in, I need "cheaters" to read. If I have my glasses on, I have to take them off to read....so either way, I'm gonna end up taking them off or putting them on several times throughout the day.....uggghhhh!!

I considered Lasik Eye Surgery (at lease one word) but they can't tell me if will correct both near and far issues and that puts me right back to where I am!!
Ed Highlight is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #7
Camille
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Ed, thanks for that...something to consider I suppose.
It would take a while for me to be persuaded though I think.

WTF, no, you got it the wrong way round. I'm far sighted...so not sure how that applies to Lasik.

C x
Old 04-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #8
whitechocolate
Valued Poster

Encounters: 92

I would also recommend Lasik surgery. You need to go in for a free eval to a very experienced ophthamologist who does it full time to see if you are a candidate. I have one eye corrected for near and one for far as I wore glasses and contact for years. I have never had any problems with the dual eye approach. It is just so much easier than messing with contact or glasses and it takes minutes and is totally painless.
whitechocolate is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #9
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
lasik eye surgery
That's three words -- get your eyes checked.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:18 PM   #10
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Ed, thanks for that...something to consider I suppose.
It would take a while for me to be persuaded though I think.

WTF, no, you got it the wrong way round. I'm far sighted...so not sure how that applies to Lasik.

C x
You are correct, I always get that fuc'd up. Here is an intresting link. Good luck.

http://eyerepublic.com/ilasik-manila...minusplus.html
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:18 PM   #11
EJunkie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Highlight View Post
This could be the funniest thing you ever posted!! I don't know why, it just hit me that way.....

Anyway, I have the opposite issue from the OP and can see well up close needing glasses/contacts for distance. However, now that I'm old, I have to take my glasses off to read or can't read up close with my contacts on. It sucks both ways. If I have my contacts in, I need "cheaters" to read. If I have my glasses on, I have to take them off to read....so either way, I'm gonna end up taking them off or putting them on several times throughout the day.....uggghhhh!!

I considered Lasik Eye Surgery (at lease one word) but they can't tell me if will correct both near and far issues and that puts me right back to where I am!!
I have the same problem.

My contacts are different prescriptions; one for close (reading) and one for distance. If you can get used to the two different focal points it works well.
EJunkie is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #12
OneHotMale
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
That's three words -- get your eyes checked.

LMAO!!!! Camille I would suggest when getting your check up to just ask your ophthamologist what your options are. I have now been wearing glasses for less than a year as I am near sighted and it totally bites. I did try contacts and they just did not work for me. I also will soon be going back for a check up and plan on exploring my options and know that I am in the early stage of a cataract so I will eventually have to have this corrected. I know in my case it is heck getting older especially when everyone in my family wore glasses and I had perfect eyesight. Best of luck with whatever option you take.
OneHotMale is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:04 PM   #13
Lovely Victoria
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 12025
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
I'm far sighted (I think I got that the right way round...I can see things clearly that are reasonably far away, but not anything too close) and have been wearing specs for a while for things like reading menus, reading the ingredients on packets of food, reading the back of a DVD etc. I don't however wear them for general reading. I'm going for an eye test next week and suspect my sight has become worse (probably because I haven't worn them enough) and will need new specs/lenses. For those that wear contact lenses, what are the pros v cons for you of those v specs...just incase I end up going that route.

TY

C xxxx
Hi Camille,

I'm blind as a bat without my glasses / contacts. I tend to alternate between the two depending what I'm doing. For work, where lots of reading and staring at a computer screen is involved, I tend to wear glasses. Glasses are easier on the eyes I think. Plus, I convinced myself that I look much smarter with my glasses. For play, I wear my contacts. It's much less bothersome to wear contacts when doing physical activities; one less thing to worry about. I also wear my contacts when it's really cold or really hot - glasses tend to get foggy when you go from cold to hot. On downside, wearing contacts all day tend to dry my eyes which can be quite uncomfortable.

Awesome new pictures btw! You look lovely as always.

xo
Lovely Victoria is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:44 PM   #14
69er
Lifetime Premium Access

Camille,

Lasik is available to both near and farsighted patients now. The first procedures were to correct nearsighted patients only. But the availability of Lasik for farsighted has been around for at least 10 years. (I only know that, as It's when a friend had it done.)

As to the "Squeemish Factor"...

I had Lasik about 4 years ago due to such worries, and after having the procedure, was immediately kicking myself as to why I waited so long!

But, my guess is that you are worried about the surgery itself. The doctor prescribed a mild sedative for me. I was to fill the prescription, and bring it with me to the procedure. When I arrived they prepped me by doing some final eye exams, and then had me take the sedative. After giving the sedative about 30 minutes, they walked me to the operating room.

I laid on a table, that would move me between two seperate instruments. The first forms the flap, which is done with a laser. It was certainly much easier than having the glaucoma test done where they use the dye in your eye, and get a lens within mm's of your eyeball. I felt no discomfort, just some brief flashing of lights. I couldn't really tell at the time, but apparently the machine uses a donut shaped seal, and actually creates a bit of suction to minimize motion of your eye, and hold your eyelid out of the way. The small amount of movement your eye does make is tracked by a computer system, so the laser targets the correct location, even if your eye moves.

They then moved me to the second instrument which does the shaping of the lens. Here the weirdest part is when the doctor told me they would move the flap they had just created, and I would only see light, and no shapes. Another several seconds of flashes of light, and then quickly put the flap back over the shaped lens, and it was time to repeat on the other eye.

Upon sitting up the doctor had me read the clock across the room. I was already seeing at nearly 20/20. The time from when I walked into the operating room, to walking out couldn't have been much more than about 20 minutes.

I was nearsighted, so the recovery tends to be a bit quicker. I wore goggles the day of surgery, but I went home and slept due to the sedative. I went in the next day to be examined, and walked out of the office the next day after they found my vision to have been corrected to slightly better than 20/20 in one eye, and 20/15 in the other.

I wore contacts for several years, and gave up due to the hassle and inconvenience. The contacts were definitely more of a pain than the Lasik.
69er is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:08 AM   #15
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

I have no stories about Lasik. I had a friend who had it done when it first hit the market, and had nothing but problems after the surgery. I have avoided it since, even though it has been a long time. I've always thought the Drs. who did Lasik to be charlatans akin to ambulance chasers because of their ads. But based on 69ers story and the amount of time gone by, I admit I may not be current with my thoughts. But surgery always has risks.

Except for a short period of time, I've worn glasses for the last 30 years or so. Granted, with age the prescription changed over time to where they are now: trifocals in progressive lenses.

For a short period of time, I tried soft contacts. I was not happy and quit. At the time, I was living in the midwest. The days were either to hot (drying out the contacts); too cold (drying out the contacts); too windy (drying out the contacts AND blowing dust and dirt in my eye). It was all a PIA, so I went back to glasses.

If you do decide on glasses, you may need bifocals or (like me) trifocals. If that is the case, you'll have to decide on "lined" lenses or progressives. Once you make the choice, it is (I'm told) hard to switch. I wear the "no lined" (progressives).

Good luck whatever you decide.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women