Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70404
biomed160475
Yssup Rider59901
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47507
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37078
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35317
Mojojo33117

Old 08-05-2022, 08:34 AM   #1
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67
Default Sinema stands with her fellow Democrats on social spending and climate bill. It’s a done deal.

With all the discussion of … whatever y’all hate about America … this little tidbit seems to be overlooked.

Sen Krysten Sinema of Arizona has joined her fellow blockage Joe Manchin in agreeing to the President’s social spending and climate bill.

Amid the sounds of exploding heads and a shower of bitter tears, the Biden Administration is about to pull off a major victory, just in time to remind voters that Trumps Supreme Court is out to get them.

Can you say midterm rally?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sin...s-make-changes

Sinema agrees to 'move forward' with social spending and tax bill after Dems make changes
Sinema support likely sets Manchin-Schumer social spending bill on path to passage

August 4, 2022 9:23pm EDT
Fox News Flash top headlines for August 4

Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com.

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema said Thursday she will "move forward" with the Democrats' social spending and taxation bill, after previously holding out on deal struck by Sen. Joe Manchin and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer.

"We have agreed to remove the carried interest tax provision, protect advanced manufacturing, and boost our clean energy economy in the Senate's budget reconciliation legislation," Sinema, D-Ariz., said. "Subject to the Parliamentarian's review, I'll move forward."

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, D-Ariz., said in a statement Thursday that she will "move forward" with Democrats' reconciliation bill.
Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, D-Ariz., said in a statement Thursday that she will "move forward" with Democrats' reconciliation bill. (REUTERS/Caitlin O'Hara)
MANCHIN CLAIMS DEMOCRATIC SOCIAL SPENDING AND TAX BILL IS FILLED WITH GOP PRIORITIES

Sinema was widely considered the final senator needed for Democrats to pass the plan on climate, energy, health care and taxes, which, if it becomes law, will cap over a year of intra-party negotiations. With her support, Schumer said he expected all 50 Democrats to vote for the measure.

"I am pleased to report that we have reached an agreement on the Inflation Reduction Act that I believe will receive the support of the entire Senate Democratic conference," Schumer said. "The final version of the Reconciliation bill, to be introduced on Saturday, will reflect this work and put us one step closer to enacting this historic legislation into law."

Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., calls on a reporter during a press conference about Democrats' reconciliation bill.
Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., calls on a reporter during a press conference about Democrats' reconciliation bill. (Tyler Olson/Fox News)
President Biden similarly praised Senate Democrats for pushing the bill along and said he looks forward to it officially passing the chamber.

"Tonight, we’ve taken another critical step toward reducing inflation and the cost of living for America’s families," Biden said. "The Inflation Reduction Act will help Americans save money on prescription drugs, health premiums, and much more. It will make our tax system more fair by making corporations pay a minimum tax. It will not raise taxes on those making less than $400,000, and it will reduce the deficit."

"It also makes the largest investment in history in combating climate change and increasing energy security, creating jobs here in the U.S. and saving people money on their energy costs. I look forward to the Senate taking up this legislation and passing it as soon as possible," he added.

MANCHIN DISPUTES DATA SHOWING SOCIAL SPENDING BILL WOULD RAISE TAXES ON MIDDLE CLASS DURING RECESSION

Democrats plan to pass the legislation using a process called budget reconciliation, which allows them to get around the Senate's 60-vote filibuster threshold to pass legislation on party lines. Manchin killed previous reconciliation efforts last year, at the time called "Build Back Better," which were much more expansive than the bill he proposed with Schumer last week.

Schumer announced Thursday that the Senate will reconvene on Saturday afternoon with the plan on voting to begin debate on the bill. If all 50 Senate Democrats support the bill and remain healthy and able to vote, they will be able to pass it despite vociferous GOP objections.

Vice President Kamala Harris would be able to break ties on any 50-50 votes.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., scored a major victory Thursday when Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, D-Ariz., said she will "move forward" with Democrats' reconciliation bill.
Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., scored a major victory Thursday when Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, D-Ariz., said she will "move forward" with Democrats' reconciliation bill. (AP Photo/Mariam Zuhaib)
The biggest issue Republicans say they see with the bill are tax increases, the burden for which the Joint Committee on Taxation will fall indirectly on Americans in nearly all tax brackets. The increases will also hit manufacturing businesses hard, Republicans say, just after the Senate passed a bill to boost U.S. manufacturing.

The legislation is expected to spend $433 billion total, and raise $739 billion in tax revenue.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

"Folks who work in these companies, and remember half this is going to fall on manufacturers, they're gonna see their wages and benefits be reduced because of this taxation at a time when they're having a really hard time keeping up with current inflation," Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio, said.

One other hurdle Democrats are awaiting the results of is the review by Senate Parliamentarian Elizabeth MacDonough, who is currently reviewing the legislation for conformity to the Byrd Rule. That rule says reconciliation bill provisions generally must deal with taxes and government spending and cannot be straight policy prescriptions. It is not anticipated that any results from her review would doom the bill, however.

After Democrats vote to begin considering the bill, they will also have to get past a "vote-a-rama," when senators are allowed to propose unlimited amendments to the legislation. That usually results in dozens of amendment votes in a marathon session that can last the better part of a day. But if Democrats remain united, they are in control over whether the bill passes, despite any GOP efforts.make changes

"Folks who work in these companies, and remember half this is going to fall on manufacturers, they're gonna see their wages and benefits be reduced because of this taxation at a time when they're having a really hard time keeping up with current inflation," Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio, said.

One other hurdle Democrats are awaiting the results of is the review by Senate Parliamentarian Elizabeth MacDonough, who is currently reviewing the legislation for conformity to the Byrd Rule. That rule says reconciliation bill provisions generally must deal with taxes and government spending and cannot be straight policy prescriptions. It is not anticipated that any results from her review would doom the bill, however.

After Democrats vote to begin considering the bill, they will also have to get past a "vote-a-rama," when senators are allowed to propose unlimited amendments to the legislation. That usually results in dozens of amendment votes in a marathon session that can last the better part of a day. But if Democrats remain united, they are in control over whether the bill passes, despite any GOP efforts.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 09:35 AM   #2
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

I haven't been keeping up to date, but understand one thing she did do is preserved accelerated depreciation for purposes of calculating the new 15% minimum corporate tax. That's a positive. With that change the argument of some Democrats that the minimum tax closes loopholes, instead of stifling investment, makes a bit more sense to me. Granted you could call the accelerated depreciation a loophole. I might reply you should be able to deduct the entire cost of capital investments in the year incurred. That would supercharge investment!

On the flip side, she got the provision to eliminate carried interest treatment of fees charged by private equity fund managers stripped from the bill. That's one of the biggest loopholes out there. Today on CNBC someone was arguing that Sinema did this to take the heat for Schumer and others who get lots of campaign donations from fund managers.

Sinema is my favorite Democrat. That's in terms of her views on policy. I'd still rather bang AOC.

I suspect the part of the bill that requires Medicare to negotiate with drug companies is a good idea. Overall though I don't like the bill. It's got too much pork and spending on things we don't need.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 10:31 AM   #3
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I haven't been keeping up to date, but understand one thing she did do is preserved accelerated depreciation for purposes of calculating the new 15% minimum corporate tax. That's a positive. With that change the argument of some Democrats that the minimum tax closes loopholes, instead of stifling investment, makes a bit more sense to me. Granted you could call the accelerated depreciation a loophole. I might reply you should be able to deduct the entire cost of capital investments in the year incurred. That would supercharge investment!

On the flip side, she got the provision to eliminate carried interest treatment of fees charged by private equity fund managers stripped from the bill. That's one of the biggest loopholes out there. Today on CNBC someone was arguing that Sinema did this to take the heat for Schumer and others who get lots of campaign donations from fund managers.

Sinema is my favorite Democrat. That's in terms of her views on policy. I'd still rather bang AOC.

I suspect the part of the bill that requires Medicare to negotiate with drug companies is a good idea. Overall though I don't like the bill. It's got too much pork and spending on things we don't need.
Don't ya know Democrats are going to save the World by spending exorbitant amounts of money the country doesn't have on things we don't need. That's how they do it.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 10:42 AM   #4
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:

isnt sinema lesbian?

if so, at least i like her tastes

fluidity however is de rigueur

with aoc you may need repeated written releases for each different bit of adventurous ardor that strikes your libido
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 11:06 AM   #5
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

In a blinding thunder storm, a flash flood was emanate. A scorpion was trapped on a rock, and as the water rose, he was about to drown.

A frog appeared and said to the scorpion, “hop on my back and I will swim you to higher ground”.

After reaching safety, the scorpion planted his stinger into the frogs back.

“Why did you do that. I just saved your life” the frog screamed as he lay dying.

The scorpion replied…..”I’m a scorpion. That’s what we do”.

For months the Country has held up on high Kristen Sinema and Joe Manchin as the only hope in heading off Biden’s insane agenda. But alas, both finally caved in and voted the Party line.

“Why did you do that”, lamented fellow Senators. “You know it’s going to raise taxes, feed inflation, and wreck the economy”.

Sinema and Manchin replied…….”because we are Democrats. That’s what we do”.

Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 11:36 AM   #6
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Independent thinking is not allowed! (Nowadays, we must have a strictly enforced party-line vote.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
In a blinding thunder storm, a flash flood was emanate. A scorpion was trapped on a rock, and as the water rose, he was about to drown.

A frog appeared and said to the scorpion, “hop on my back and I will swim you to higher ground”.

After reaching safety, the scorpion planted his stinger into the frogs back.

“Why did you do that. I just saved your life” the frog screamed as he lay dying.

The scorpion replied…..”I’m a scorpion. That’s what we do”.

For months the Country has held up on high Kristen Sinema and Joe Manchin as the only hope in heading off Biden’s insane agenda. But alas, both finally caved in and voted the Party line.

“Why did you do that”, lamented fellow Senators. “You know it’s going to raise taxes, feed inflation, and wreck the economy”.

Sinema and Manchin replied…….”because we are Democrats. That’s what we do”.
Yup! Typically, creatures tend to revert to instinctive behavior or tribal allegiances.

Jackie, here's an appropriate theme song to accompany your post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhXjd88SFrk

Interestingly, Donald read some of the lyrics to the song when commenting at a rally in 2016 on the foolishness of accepting refugees from terrorist-infested regions:

https://abcnews.go.com/politics/dona...ry?id=36256408
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 11:49 AM   #7
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Let us pray they put another 35 million in there for DeSantis to give away to the caregivers of orphans in Florida!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 12:09 PM   #8
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Today on CNBC someone was arguing that Sinema did this to take the heat for Schumer and others who get lots of campaign donations from fund managers.

Brilliant politicking if so.

My guess is the whole process was a orchestrated move to make Manchin look good in his home state by making him look like a fiscal conservative by trimming the bill. They could have gotten this a year ago but then AOC and Bernie would have been hounding them for a year about how it wasn't enough.

Btw....how can we really comment on the bill without reading it....or having lustylad do so.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 12:16 PM   #9
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

In the end manchin and sinema just showed their true colors.
Anyone actually believe they wouldnt?
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 03:11 PM   #10
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... "VOTE-A-RAMA" is gonna be entertaining...

... Let's see if the votes are there when this is over.
Maybe they will be --- and maybe they won't.

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 03:11 PM   #11
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... the tax-payers surely don't want HIGHER Taxes.

#### Salty
Old 08-05-2022, 03:24 PM   #12
1blackman1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

What part of the bill raises your taxes Salty?
1blackman1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 03:38 PM   #13
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post
... the tax-payers surely don't want HIGHER Taxes.

#### Salty
So the American public does not want higher taxes or more debt nor is willing to cut spending on their particular cause... how does that work?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 03:46 PM   #14
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... How does that work?? ... Very carefully.

And, 1blackman1 - let's see where everything is with things
AFTER the vote-a-rama.
Then we'll have a better idea.

#### Salty
Old 08-05-2022, 04:03 PM   #15
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

In other words, Salty, you don’t know. Only that it’s bad.

Zat about sum-it-up for you?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women