Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59959
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47579
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 01-27-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
sofiaofhouston
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7365
Encounters: 1
Arrow What are your thoughts on Obama's Speech?

What are your thoughts on Obama's Speech?
sofiaofhouston is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:37 PM   #2
Htowner
Ambassador

I was surprised to hear him say Michelle's momma is so fat, she is leaving pot holes in the front lawn.
Htowner is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:53 PM   #3
pyro
Account Disabled

LIAR!

(also what is with Micheles eyebrows? she always looks pissed off...)

pyro (an independant)
pyro is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
Guest040810-3
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

I thought he said that she was so nasty that when he called her for phone sex, he got an ear infection
Guest040810-3 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:03 PM   #5
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

Read my lips............more new taxes.
dearhunter is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:13 PM   #6
internet_inventor2
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Yeah I was like Michelle had that look of "you MFer while looking a him", lol. Taxes, hell I just heard the printing presses start up again.

I need to get a Hobby, I am watching Campus PD on G4.
internet_inventor2 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:35 PM   #7
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Sorry......

I was watching Meerkat Manor.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:40 PM   #8
internet_inventor2
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
Sorry......

ROTFLMAO
internet_inventor2 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:53 PM   #9
Wayward
Ambassador of the Dead

Encounters: 3
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
Sorry......

Good call your Holiness less weaselly.
Wayward is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:06 PM   #10
Raphael
BANNED

Encounters: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro View Post

(also what is with Micheles eyebrows? she always looks pissed off...)
She looked pissed off when he kissed congresswomen on the cheeks.

Half way through I switched over to some TV series involving gay mormons, mormon politicians and indians who were neither mormon nor gay nor politicians. It was very boring but not as boring as the speech.

I can't believe he brought up health care. I guess te voters of Massachussets don't speak as loud as Teddy Kennedy, for his thick ears.

His job creation claim is pure mendacity: they give humongous sums of money to companies who then hire a small number of people, whether they need them or not; this is no better than to hire new bureaucrats when there is no need for more. You don't create jobs by subsidizing jobs, you do so by stimulating investment and demand.

I thought Joe Biden was unstately, looking like a clown, instead of looking serious, and therefore glum.

Sure enough, he once again blamed Bush. Now, I did not vote for Bush in 2000 (I did not vote at all), and I voted against him in 2004. The fact remains, Obama did not inherit a collapsing economy & financial structure; he inherited a recovering economy and financial system, thanks to the swift decisions of Paulson and Bernanke; Bush deserves credit for suporting them, his unpreparedness for that office notwistanding.

(Besides, Obama was not prepared either. There is a problem with a political system that allows second fiddles and second rates like Dukakis, Clinton, Quayle, Bush II and Obama the former social worker, to run for high office. And I have not gotten on Sarah Palin's case yet).
Raphael is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:11 PM   #11
topcat19542001
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

I was watching Happy Pony. And I'm NOT missing Happy Pony.
TC
topcat19542001 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:52 PM   #12
pyro
Account Disabled

not to hi-jack the thread, but...

Who hasn't had a drink of alcohol in 90 days?

Ted Kennedy

(I know, I know. Bad pyro! Bad Pyro!)
pyro is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:02 AM   #13
guest040711-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 60

Moved to proper location.
guest040711-1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:36 AM   #14
Guest021010-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

OBAMA

Obviously
Beyond
All
Meaningful
Anything

One
Big
Assed
Mistake
America

Only
Bad
Actors
May
Apply

Why would I ever listen to a staged speech by America's biggest mistake?
He brought change to America?
Right. The banks got the folding money and the rest of us were left with change.
His rhetoric is meaningless.
He has spent a year trying to ram socialized medicine down our throats and up our asses -- OBAMA-care -- when he should have been focusing on rebuilding America's infrastructure; roads, bridges, levees and dams (remember New Orleans and Katrina?). We could have been on track to putting America back to work through meaningful construction and reconstruction.

The one blurb I heard on the news was him saying, 'It is time to get serious . . . Jobs have got to be our #1 priority' or something like that. DUHHH!!
With zero net jobs created in over a year (jobs lost > jobs created)! Do-ya-think?

His Jobs Task Force included GE's Jeff Immelt, whose company is pursuing outsourcing to LCC (Low Cost Countries), including Mexico which received VetcoGray's entire production facility for their VG gate valve line from the North Houston Rosslyn Plant; and Czechoslovakia and India which have received untold numbers of engineering jobs previously held by American engineers and designers.

So bho is asking the foxes (Immelt and crew) how to protect the hen-house (America's workforce).

bho is so out of touch with mainstream America and the real world in general.

And I read where they are proposing giving you $500 if you start a $1000 Savings Acct. or something like that? How much good will that do for a family going bankrupt who would not be able to scrape together 1-large in the first place?

And where will bho get the money for this payout?
China is not buying our T-bills.
So if the Fed prints money, you can expect inflation to go through the roof.
This reminds me of the reign of Jimmy Carter with double digit inflation.

The only good thing to come out of that was Ronald Reagan being elected President for two terms.

bho has made himself a cliche, irrelevant -- America and the world are in sad shape with him as the 'Leader of the Free World' --

Yet, whom will the Republicans put up against him to galvanize the far right (also irrelevant), the middle ground conservatives and the independents?

Is there ANY way to persuade Gen. Colin Powell to serve?
Guest021010-2 is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:10 AM   #15
enderwiggin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Arrogance. Implying that the only reason healthcare has stalled is because American's "don't understand" and he "hasn't explained it enough"? He's given over 400 speeches on healthcare. No, we get it.

Implying that congressional leadership that doesn't agree with him completely is somehow failing to lead the people? Well, when a significant portion of the people disagree with the president to begin with, it stands to reason that a significant portion of their elected representatives will disagree as well. That's actually GOOD leadership.

Implying that his inability to get ANYTHING significant done with a 60% super-majority in both houses of congress is actually the fault of the minority Republicans? That's actually so ridiculous I don't even have words for it.

He's arrogant and I don't think he's that "charismatic" a speaker either. His speeches are lilted, stalled and poorly delivered. And he also appears to be perpetually looking down his nose at us, both literally and figuratively.
enderwiggin is offline   Quote