Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70409
biomed160545
Yssup Rider59915
gman4452927
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47533
pyramider46370
bambino40316
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35352
Mojojo33117

Old 01-28-2014, 05:59 PM   #1
brookebutler
Queen

User ID: 1606
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Rio/Brazil

It appears I'm headed to Brazil this summer for my work. Needless to say I'm excited about going but would love some insider tips for tourism, etc. Sadly I won't have the opportunity to enjoy any of the "resorts" available but any other info you can share, please do.

xoxo
Brooke
brookebutler is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:11 PM   #2
BlisswithKriss
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30
Default Fun in rio

Lucky guy going to Rio. I was out there a few years ago and stayed in ipanema in a cute small hotel on one of the main drags. I would walk to the beach in copacabana in 40 mins and there's bars you can sit in front of the hotels and buy a drink. After awhile you will find that the ladies will come over out of nowhere and sit. It's pretty obvious what they're after. I picked up 2 young honeys and had a great time. They usually have a nearby hotel to go to and that's just one way of meeting chicks. If you're confident and cheeky go onto the beach and chat away, but you might want to learn Portuguese a tad. But $$ talks and they'll know you're a Gringo, so go for it. They have Termas in rio too that are like massage parlor but I didn't go in one. Prices vary. Be careful at night though, I never trusted copa at night and don't even think about going into a favela, (slums)
There's plenty of eye candy, oh and the best time to go is around Nov but I would stay away when it's carnival time which is around Jan/feb. it's a great place for chicks and if I was to go again I'd do a tour and visit other places like Recife. There's some great places as well as Rio. There's plenty of info online so do a google and good luck .
BlisswithKriss is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:22 PM   #3
BlisswithKriss
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30
Default Oops

Ooops sorry darlin. I should've read your blurb first. Silly me
Well some of the info will be applicable. Take a trip up the Corcovado on the train and the sugar loaf. The view from the Corcovado is nothing short of spectacular.
I suppose you know you may need a visa, me being a foreigner I didn't need one. Like any foreign venue, you have to watch your $$ when I went, there were restrictions on money exchanges. Rio can be a high crime area so when I go to a foreign place I tend to blend in. Dress like a local etc. be careful of taxis. I got ripped off one time on the fare. There's so many shades and creeds of people it's the most diverse of cultures and their music is so sophisticated ie Bossa Nova etc.
I even went to Sao Paulo but wasn't impressed. Just a massive urban sprawl with a weird traffic system. I think you can do a tour of 4/5 cities in Brazil by buying a special airfare ticket. That's what I would do if I were to go again.
Good luck, I'm sure you will love the culture.
BlisswithKriss is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:19 PM   #4
Guest021824
Account Disabled

Encounters: 102

I have been to Brazil several times, over the years there has been many changes in Rio. but, since they are gearing up for the World Cup/Olympics. Things are getting crazy there. They are raising rates on everything and I am sure that will not be any different when you visit. If you are going to be staying near the beach. Stay in Leblon, botofogo or Ipanema, visit Copacabana, but don't stay in that area. If you can't speak the language, have someone that you know that can speak it go with you everywhere.

Yes, you can purchase a hop ticket. Buy one ticket and fly to several cities. If you do visit other places. Try Fortaleza, Recife, Salvador/Bahia and Belo Horizonte. Those are beautiful cities and you will get to enjoy them without all the normal noise and traffic of Rio and Sao Paulo

You can use your credit card. but, if you are one that likes to use cash....always try to find a American bank ATM. There is a chase bank (ATM) in Copacabana. Don't exchange cash at the airport. If you can, use your local bank here, if they deal in overseas currency and exchange cash before the trip. Other places you can exhanage cash is travel agencies. but, make sure you know the exchange rate, for they will try to stick it to you if you are unsure of the rate....which changes daily.

I have a list of doctors and clinics that have english speaking doctors and nurses. Pm or email me for that info

Never take your Real Passport/Visa out in public with you. You can get certified copies of the original that will be accepted where ever you go. You must have identification with you at all times and a photocopy of your passport will suffice. Blend in with the Cariocas...Locals

Don't walk down public streets with a NY Yankess T-shirt........blend in and dress as they dress. Many times no one will know you are american until you speak. Then they will start treating you differently (Many times in a good way)

Never gives kids or people, money (beggars) in public. You do it once. You will be the target and become surrounded by kids.

Learn about the culture and history of Brazil. Brazilians are proud of their heritage and their country. If you know a small amount....it will go a long way for anyone you get to know...going out of their way to help you.

If you get to know some of the locals or brazilians in general and you are invited to someone's home. They will cook for you and offer you food...drink...whatever. Always accept something...for it is like an insult to not allow them to be hospitable to a guest....

There is much more, I could go into............drop me a line if you need more.......

Have a great time..............I already know you will........LOL
Guest021824 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women