Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70391
biomed160339
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452872
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47443
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37065
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35194
Mojojo33117

Old 03-30-2018, 01:02 PM   #1
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22
Angry COFFEE ?

Okay Warning labels on COFFEE really , only from California ( idiots ) with all the bad things going on all the liberal in CA can do is warning labels on coffee.
Just like CA emissions ( us old guys remember CA cars) this is going to cost us all with high COFFEE prices
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 02:26 PM   #2
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

The ruling isn't as dire as you make it sound. California has a burden shifting statute that requires sellers to prove that a substance doesn't cause cancer. The is weak evidence that acrylamid, a natural by product or roasting coffee that remains in the beverage is carcinogenic. I frankly see no harm in the warning. Nor will a warning standing alone increase prices.

Here is what the American Cancer Society says:
According to the American Cancer Society, studies have found that acrylamide increases the risk of cancer in rats and mice when the chemical is placed in the animals’ drinking water at doses “1,000 to 10,000 times higher than the levels people might be exposed to in foods.” The society doesn’t know yet how the results would translate to humans, but it suggests limiting your intake of acrylamide.

As for studies with people, the American Cancer Society notes, “Most of the studies done so far have not found an increased risk of cancer in humans. For some types of cancer, such as kidney, endometrial and ovarian cancer, the results have been mixed, but there are currently no cancer types for which there is clearly an increased risk related to acrylamide intake.”
After reading that, I would probably go ahead and drink coffee. But there is no harm in being warned.

The real concern for the Defendants is that there is also a case to be made for damages to be paid for their failure to warn in the past. Some of those sued have just gone ahead and done the logical thing and posted the warning. But those who didn't, took a big chance. We'll have to see what happens to them.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:23 PM   #3
PeterBota
BANNED

Encounters: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
The ruling isn't as dire as you make it sound. California has a burden shifting statute that requires sellers to prove that a substance doesn't cause cancer. The is weak evidence that acrylamid, a natural by product or roasting coffee that remains in the beverage is carcinogenic. I frankly see no harm in the warning. Nor will a warning standing alone increase prices.

Here is what the American Cancer Society says:
According to the American Cancer Society, studies have found that acrylamide increases the risk of cancer in rats and mice when the chemical is placed in the animals’ drinking water at doses “1,000 to 10,000 times higher than the levels people might be exposed to in foods.” The society doesn’t know yet how the results would translate to humans, but it suggests limiting your intake of acrylamide.

As for studies with people, the American Cancer Society notes, “Most of the studies done so far have not found an increased risk of cancer in humans. For some types of cancer, such as kidney, endometrial and ovarian cancer, the results have been mixed, but there are currently no cancer types for which there is clearly an increased risk related to acrylamide intake.”
After reading that, I would probably go ahead and drink coffee. But there is no harm in being warned.

The real concern for the Defendants is that there is also a case to be made for damages to be paid for their failure to warn in the past. Some of those sued have just gone ahead and done the logical thing and posted the warning. But those who didn't, took a big chance. We'll have to see what happens to them.
Here’s what PeterBota says. Fuck California
PeterBota is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 08:42 AM   #4
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Oh I drink coffee( a lot) but thanks to the idiots the price will go up , warning on it all not just in CA will go up . just saying I am with you fuck them
Old 03-31-2018, 10:25 AM   #5
CG2014
Premium Access

Encounters: 101

Then they need to put warning label on any food cooked over fire because the process of grilling over fire creates chemicals in the meat that causes cancer.

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/...ats-fact-sheet

Which by the way, I LOVE my BBQ ribs and briskets and nice steaks cooked over a hot sizzling fire.

NO fucking liberals democrats in California with their stupid warning labels is going to take that away from me.
CG2014 is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 11:07 AM   #6
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Make a bet on that?
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 06:15 PM   #7
winn dixie
Premium Access

Flash, this just in from a reliable source!!

California has found that licking or looking at taint causes cancer!!

winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:05 AM   #8
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdutchman View Post
Oh I drink coffee( a lot) but thanks to the idiots the price will go up , warning on it all not just in CA will go up . just saying I am with you fuck them
Why would the price go up? If the warning label is effective, demand will be reduced and the price will go down.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:02 AM   #9
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Yup warning labels on cigarette s HELPPED ???? and the price went downnnnn
Old 04-03-2018, 12:20 AM   #10
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

The price of cigarettes didn't go up because of warning labels. The price of cigarettes went up probably 15 years after the warning labels went on (1966) because of one of the most successful public health campaigns in history. Through a combination of taxes, public education, and law suits by States to recoup Medicare and Medicaid funds, the price of cigarettes was increased and their consumption was dramatically cut.

Had State legislative bodies not largely insulated tobacco companies from wrongful death suits, they would have gone the way of the asbestos companies. When I was cleaning out my original office when I scaled down to smaller quarters for my semi-retirement recently, I came across about six or eight bankers boxes of materials I had from the early 1980's on lung cancer cigarette cases that were being planned. Sadly, almost every State gave immunity to the tobacco industry and they were spared the fate that they richly deserved. But maybe one day.

But back to the original point, here is a graph on the stunning success of what has happened to tobacco consumption.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:04 AM   #11
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

So consumption down , prices up started by warnings that the gov started. ( not going to argue the good or bad of the studys ) But that's the overall point price increase.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:18 PM   #12
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

I apparently didn't make my point clearly. The price went up because of taxes designed to cut consumption. Not because of warnings or decreases in demand. Those would both tend to lower prices.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:16 AM   #13
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Warnings lead to tax s because gov.com liberal need to save us from evil ! Now more coffee ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women