Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 01-13-2010, 10:08 PM   #16
oden
Valued Poster

You need to find an ACORN office. They can advise you. LOL
oden is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:46 AM   #17
guest031513-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by winemaker View Post
Mind you, a bank is required to report any deposit greater than $8K in a single transaction
It is 10k not 8 and it is best to avoid these if possible but getting one won't get you an audit or anything but multiples can throw out a red flag but if you are business owner in a cash business that should not matter.
guest031513-1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:23 AM   #18
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomuser View Post
It is 10k not 8 and it is best to avoid these if possible but getting one won't get you an audit or anything but multiples can throw out a red flag but if you are business owner in a cash business that should not matter.
Actually that is what is REQUIRED.

Ask Elliot Spitzer if any of his cash transfers were over ten.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:03 AM   #19
guest031513-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Actually that is what is REQUIRED.

Ask Elliot Spitzer if any of his cash transfers were over ten.
You are incorrect, surely we have a banker on here somewhere that will chime in. For a cash deposit in an account at a bank the amount is 10k, there are other amounts that will get you flagged on different type things such as a cashiers check but not a cash deposit. However if you are doing large cash deposits very often it is the tellers responsibility to use their judgement on filling out one of those nice little forms for you. It is the same as the law on carrying over 10k cash at a time must be reported to the IRS.

How would asking Elliot Spitzer help me? I don't believe what people say, I go on facts, show me the deposit slips then I will show you deposits over 10k or someone just being ignorant and doing way too many near 10k deposits that are too close together.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:09 AM   #20
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

User ID: 2676
My ECCIE Reviews

Does the bank alert you when/if they fill out these forms? I made a huge transfer (over 20k) to London in October. How do you find out if they do not tell you?
Guest012211-3 is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #21
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
You are incorrect, surely we have a banker on here somewhere that will chime in. For a cash deposit in an account at a bank the amount is 10k, there are other amounts that will get you flagged on different type things such as a cashiers check but not a cash deposit. However if you are doing large cash deposits very often it is the tellers responsibility to use their judgement on filling out one of those nice little forms for you. It is the same as the law on carrying over 10k cash at a time must be reported to the IRS.

How would asking Elliot Spitzer help me? I don't believe what people say, I go on facts, show me the deposit slips then I will show you deposits over 10k or someone just being ignorant and doing way too many near 10k deposits that are too close together.
You & WTF are actually agreeing with each other
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:46 AM   #22
MrGiz
BANNED

If one of your regular clients is a small business owner..... give him cash and let him reimburse you via company check. If you do it on a fairly routine basis , the two of you can figure out a scheme for some sort of services rendered. He can give you a 1099 at the end of the year, providing legitimacy for your income, and give him a tax break at the same time!

It works! But.... of course, it has to be a business which he has complete control of, without anyone looking at the books, besides him. Should be no reason why you couldn't have the same arrangement with more than one business owning client.

Giz
MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:46 AM   #23
guest031513-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
You & WTF are actually agreeing with each other
lol, sorry WTF.. Just woke up and thought you were saying the 8 was correct. Maybe I should stay off the forums until my brain turns on.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:53 AM   #24
guest031513-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Preston View Post
Does the bank alert you when/if they fill out these forms? I made a huge transfer (over 20k) to London in October. How do you find out if they do not tell you?
Yes they do, they will tell you while they are doing it and it is has been forever since I had one but I do think I had to sign it. I could have avoided mine but I needed the money in the account ASAP so I went ahead as getting one here and there won't flag anything but is still best to avoid. It would also depend on if the money was in your account or if you took cash in and wanted to do a wire. If you did a cash deposit for the 20k then they would fill out the paperwork on the deposit. The most I have done on a single wire was approx 50k but it was money already in the account and I didn't have to do anything more than the normal wire xfer paperwork. That was through my business account so it would have made no difference if they did paperwork anyway.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:12 AM   #25
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
No they don't have to tell you.

What they are tracking is cash. Normal, law-abiding people transfer large amounts from account to account all they time for all kinds of purposes like a large purchase (house, car, college tuition) or to facilitate an investment. It really isn't anything to freak out about.

The thing to recognize is unless you go the "under the mattress" route (which might be rough on your back if you do incalls), you are creating a paper trail if you are banking regardless of the size of your deposits. If you are audited you'll need to explain yourself.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:15 AM   #26
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
lol, sorry WTF.. Just woke up and thought you were saying the 8 was correct. Maybe I should stay off the forums until my brain turns on.
No worries. If you're a Beatle, It's been a hard days night, a Stoner and ya just can't get no satisfaction.

It is a sad day though when the atl is now my translator of record!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:19 AM   #27
notdeadyet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

Another "interesting" aspect of the tax return question is that there are both civil and criminal penalties for failing to file a required tax return or deliberately filing a false one (see the bottom of a 1040 where the line above the line for signatures begins "Under penalties of perjury...."). Civil penalties for significant understatements of income are substantial -- I seem to recall 50% of the tax understatement. Criminal penalties include "Go to Jail", and, despite what anyone may have read, even minimum security federal prisons are not country clubs.

If "special agents" of the IRS ever show up at your door, the ONLY response is "I have nothing to say, and am calling my lawyer." Remember that Martha Stewart went to jail for lying to the feds, not for insider trading.
notdeadyet is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #28
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Yes they do, they will tell you while they are doing it ....
I believe they did that as a courtesy for a valued customer so you were aware they were noting, but I don't believe it is a requirement to tell you, particularly as it relates to suspicious activity, but don't hold me to this...these laws have changed a great deal recently.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:30 AM   #29
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
They notified TSA. Enjoy your flight and the strip search. :P
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:34 AM   #30
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Talking Hopefully cooking me up something good!

Quote:
What's a Plano girl doing in London?
WTF is offline   Quote