Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160699
Yssup Rider60029
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47616
pyramider46370
bambino40340
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35443
Mojojo33117

Old 08-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default US Credit Rating Just Got Dropped FROM AAA to AA+ by S&P

CNN says this is the first time this has happenned since 1917, even during the Great Depression, the US Credit rating never dropped.

Is this a bunch of bullshit, or does it actually mean something?
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Just means that mortgage, credit card interest, car loan interest, student loan interest goes UP, nothing more.

And who's to blame? Of course not OBAMA that's for sure, now let's see, we have Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr, ehhhh oh yeah and Reagan.

I think it's all Reagan's fault!!!
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
tttalinky
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

It means President Obama is going to be a one time President......

I guess this is what he meant by "HOPE AND CHANGE"

The United States has had a AAA credit rating since 1917, we made it thru the Great Depression, WWII, Korean War, Viet Nam....ect, but could not make it thru 2.5 years of Obamanomics!
tttalinky is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #4
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

It's the icing on the Obama birthday cake - his re-gift to America. The guy is so inept at governing and unfortunately he is destroying our economy (and great country) as a result. I know a few honorable WWII vets, who made the sacrafices, but who would be very upset by the destructive course that this slacker-in-chief has put us on.

Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:42 PM   #5
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttalinky View Post

The United States has had a AAA credit rating since 1917, we made it thru the Great Depression, WWII, Korean War, Viet Nam....ect, but could not make it thru 2.5 years of Obamanomics!
Don't forget that Obama alone could never do this, there is a house of representatives and the senate who had to approve all this shit.
Don't forget that all those people were elected by the US citizens.

And like I said, it was not Obama at all, it was Reagan
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Pelley: You were unable to get your own caucus behind your bill a few days ago. Do you intend to remain Speaker of the House?

Boehner: I do. When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the white House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I'm pretty happy.

Apparently the downgrade was because of the 2% that Boehner didn't get.

Thanks a lot, Tea Party. Well done.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #7
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Let's go over this briefly.

Bush started two wars and cut taxes then gave seniors a drug boost that was not funded.

We started piling up this huge debt that would have been much larger without the housing bubble. A housing bubble that made it seem as if the tax cuts were to be credited with the increased tax revenue.

Obama approves a stimulis package that gives out more tax cuts....remember the stimulis was over half in tax cuts...

....but we do not have a revenue problem we have a spending problem. Least thats wtf Fox News been telling me.

The rating agency thinks different....as do I.

We have a nation that wants their pet projects never cut and they do not want to fork over the money to fund them.

Our problem is that we have a nation that can't add and subtract. Simple math and this dumbass country would rather watch Snookie.....than learn how to add and subtract.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:07 PM   #8
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
It's the icing on the Obama birthday cake - his re-gift to America.

You finally got it right. Thank you for finally admitting the fucked up economy came from Bush.

Mission Accomplished!

You really put the icing on my cake!

PS And because you did (and I know what icing means in polit-speak), I'm serving it at a local teabagger rally today.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:19 AM   #9
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Good, if it's the only way to stop the juvenile delinquents in DC from printing more credit cards, then I guess it has to be done. It amazes me that the same people who criticize how much the government wastes on defense (which, while true, is at least mandated by the Constitution), want the government to control everything else in the economy including charity. No rational person could embrace such nonsense.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:22 AM   #10
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaintliein View Post
It amazes me that the same people who criticize how much the government wastes on defense (which, while true, is at least mandated by the Constitution),
It's mandated that we spend 8X more than the second highest spending country?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:05 AM   #11
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
Just means that mortgage, credit card interest, car loan interest, student loan interest goes UP, nothing more.

And who's to blame? Of course not OBAMA that's for sure, now let's see, we have Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr, ehhhh oh yeah and Reagan.

I think it's all Reagan's fault!!!
Anyone of the above.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:36 AM   #12
TSkristibonnet
Account Disabled

User ID: 82416
My ECCIE Reviews

China bashed us, "the good ol' days of barrowing are over" and called for a new stable global reserve currency... there just playing dirty
... ... ...
at least France has faith that we can make it out of this "difficult period."
TSkristibonnet is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:08 AM   #13
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
It's the icing on the Obama birthday cake - his re-gift to America. The guy is so inept at governing and unfortunately he is destroying our economy (and great country) as a result. I know a few honorable WWII vets, who made the sacrafices, but who would be very upset by the destructive course that this slacker-in-chief has put us on.

Whirlway just shut up because dude you are sounding very stupid- I guess Congress had nothing to do with this since they were the ones who delayed it to the last second.
And looks like Boehner and the GOP felt it was too much the raise taxes on the rich- this has made the GOP look far worse than the DEMS. Check any poll you want and see who Americans are putting the blame on- last one I checked 64% blames Republicans.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #14
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
Whirlway just shut up because dude you are sounding very stupid- I guess Congress had nothing to do with this sine they were the ones who delayed it to the last second.
And looks like Boehner and the GOP felt it was too much the raise taxes on the rich- this has mad the GOP look far worse than the DEMS. Check any poll you want and see who Americans are putting the blame on- last one I checked 64% blames Republicans.
Whirly lives in his own little dreamworld. Typically he does not have any difficult adding up to 20.

And then he runs out of fingers and toes!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #15
Yerassman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttalinky View Post

Yea right, your treasured tea party had nothing to do with this. You Fox, Limbaugh, and Hannity gop agenda guys are all innocent and just fell to earth in january of 09, before that amnesia right?
Yerassman is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women