Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70419
biomed160575
Yssup Rider59931
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47552
pyramider46370
bambino40326
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35378
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: How do you see the current war on terror and what we should be doing?
Islam is not a threat to us today and will stop of it's own accord. 1 4.76%
Islam is a future threat for future generations to take of. Leave me out. 0 0%
I say stay the course we are currently on. Droning the leaders is the right idea. 3 14.29%
Islamic terrorism is a serious threat and we need to up the ante with ground troops and special ops. 6 28.57%
We need to contemplate the use of greater force against Islamic terrorism. 11 52.38%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2015, 10:29 AM   #61
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
Liberals are taking our liberties you ignoramus
And exactly what liberties are the "liberals" taking from you?
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:31 AM   #62
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
How did the "war on drugs" work out for you?
Why do you bring up shit we're not supposed to be discussing on here?

I'll say this generally about LIBERALS and "wars on ______________" ...

(fill in the blank with whatever suits your fancy) ....

... to avoid "wars" they simply pretend the "enemy" doesn't exist ... or ..

... is so "junior varsity" and "insignificant" they are not worthy of attention OR

... they just "legalize" it .... "end of problem"!!!!!

What does a Liberal do with 12 million ILLEGAL ALIENS .... LEGALIZE THEM!

What does a Liberal do about the terrorists killing people .... MARGINALIZE THEM!

Obaminable has a problem:

He can't use the military in the U.S. and he's disarming and trashing the police.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:36 AM   #63
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
You really need to upgrade with an app for that. Geeezzz.
roflmao. ...good one LL!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:44 AM   #64
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I'm trying to take nevergaveitathought ' s ignorance on subject matters and replace it with informative information but he clings to his guns and ignorance like Rock Hudson did to a nut sack full of jizz!

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:44 AM   #65
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:

I'll say this generally about LIBERALS and "wars on ____Afghanistan Iraq __________" ...

(fill in the blank with whatever suits your fancy) ....

... to avoid "wars" they simply pretend the "enemy" doesn't exist ... or ..

... is so "junior varsity" and "insignificant" they are not worthy of attention OR

... they just "legalize" it .... "end of problem"!!!!!

What does a Liberal do with 12 million ILLEGAL ALIENS .... LEGALIZE THEM!

What does a Liberal do about the terrorists killing people .... MARGINALIZE THEM!

Obaminable has a problem:

He can't use the military in the U.S. and he's disarming and trashing the police.
Whoosh, over your head again lexie, you are really making a ass of yourself.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:54 AM   #66
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
We can speak in general terms about the failed war on drugs. Jeez. Just like we can talk about the failed war on poverty and the failed war on terror.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:23 PM   #67
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Don't expect a coherent answer from any of these jolly jokers.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:05 PM   #68
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
But, getting back to the hearts and minds argument, what do you do when the populace is ALREADY aligned against you?

If the Afghan population is willing to look the other way when AQ or the Taliban train in their country and then launch attacks outside their country, then their hearts and minds have already been lost. At that point, might it be the case that the only way to get them to change their behavior is "smoking ruins and crying widows"?
I don't think the Afghan populace is wholly or necessarily aligned against us. Many of them don't know what is going on. When we tried to explain 9/11 to illiterate Afghan villagers a decade ago, most of them had no idea what we were talking about. They don't like the Taliban but there is little security outside the local village and tribe so they go along to get along.

The whole picture is different depending on whether you are trying to win over a population that is concentrated or dispersed, urban or rural, located in mountains, desert towns, or jungles. That's a quick & dirty explanation of why our successful counter-insurgency campaign in Iraq's Anbar Province back in 2006 could not be easily duplicated in Afghanistan.

ISIS makes the Afghan Taliban look like choir boys. They aren't subtly trying to win hearts and minds in Syria and Iraq. They are slaughtering thousands of non-Sunni Muslims, forcing adults to cower in fear while they brainwash the young. In doing so, ISIS is sowing the seeds of its own demise, but it won't happen if the world does nothing.

lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:50 PM   #69
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
"Free speech, freedom of religion and guns," speedy.

Quote:
Houston's Mayor subpoenas pastors’ sermons in gay rights ordinance case

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...88d_story.html

Quote:
‘Fairness’ is censorship

If House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and the rest of the dim-retard leadership are so certain they are right to support the “Fairness Doctrine,” why not bring a measure - any measure - to a floor vote? For a year, Mrs. Pelosi and friends have prevented movement on one Republican measure to kill this Orwellian “doctrine” idea once and for all. They do this because they know the House would act sensibly given the chance. The House showed its intent last summer, when a majority of 309 approved a one-year Fairness Doctrine moratorium attached to a financial-services bill, over the dim-retard leadership’s opposition. It is censorship, and ordinary House members are rightly having none of it.

.... top dim-retards have said repeatedly that they would like to bring the Fairness Doctrine back. Sen. Dick Durbin (D) told the Hill newspaper a year ago that “It’s time to reinstitute the Fairness Doctrine. … I have this old-fashioned attitude that when Americans hear both sides of the story, they’re in a better position to make a decision.” Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D) said around the same time that because “talk radio is overwhelmingly one way,” she would be “looking at” reviving the Fairness Doctrine.

Why radio should be singled out among all our many media options, or whether government should be making these purely editorial decisions, are questions these would-be censors never explore. Americans have probably never previously enjoyed so much political news and opinion as they do now thanks to the rise of the Internet coupled with older modes such as cable television, radio and print. Some of it is “liberal,” some of it is “conservative.” Radio happens to be predominantly conservative. But the notion that there exists a “scarcity of airwaves” which requires the regulation of content is downright laughable. Never justified, it is exponentially more absurd today than it was 30 or 40 years ago.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...is-censorship/

Quote:
“If I could have banned them all – ‘Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns’ – I would have!” Senator Dianne Feinstein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Old-T, you mean “populace” (noun) not “populous” (adjective).

I have no problem with trying to learn from Che Guevara or Ho Chi Minh and understand how they thought. I do have a problem with calling Che a “winner”. His efforts during the 1960s to export the Cuban revolutionary model to the rest of Latin America were an abject failure. He badly misjudged the societies of many Latin countries as being ripe for Marxist upheaval. He was a megalomaniac who died an inglorious death in the jungles of Bolivia. The only “hearts and minds” he won were posthumously in US academia and leftist mythology.

Regarding ISIS, I question how much of its success was a result of driving a wedge between the government and the populace. I think it was a simple case of expanding into vacuums where the governing authority was already weak or absent. Assad abandoned large swaths of Syria. Malaki never controlled Anbar. In places like Raqqa and Mosul, ISIS now is the government. The insurgents are in charge. Should we therefore act as insurgents – bombing and disrupting food, water and power to convince people that ISIS can't protect them or keep them from starving? Winning hearts and minds is tricky and fleeting in a culture where everyone practices deceit. I'm not sure how to win but I know ISIS is vulnerable because most Sunnis in Syria and Iraq don't want to live under its strict and brutal Sharia rules. We must figure it out fast before ISIS entrenches itself. I agree we need to understand the culture - that's a cliché. It didn't help our learning curve when we stupidly pulled out of Iraq in 2011 and abandoned the relationships we had so carefully cultivated with the Anwar tribes who expelled al queda during the 2006 Awakening. Why did we throw all that away? Oh yeah – domestic politics.

I am not overly concerned about Col. Peters. I certainly don't regard him as a “very dangerous man” who advocates “mass killing of civilians”. That's a complete distortion. He is right when he scorns Obama's handling of the situation. Even you said we need to make (unspecified) changes in our approach. The POTUS should not be poring over surgical strike options. He should be working on the politics of rebuilding our ties to Iraqi Sunnis, leveraging the Kurds, and pressuring the Turks to do the right thing. It is a delicate task and one that Obama is clearly not up to.

Thanks for responding, although I still don't see how the teachings of Che Guevara are of much use in defeating ISIS. Perhaps I need the long version.
+1

Batista lost Cuba when he lost Eisenhower.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:51 PM   #70
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Lusty, agree with your points on both Afghanistan and ISIS.

We took far too long to understand what makes Afghan tribal societies tick, and when we finally had people start to understand, we reacted by convincing ourselves "that can't be the way they think--we don't think that way". And we continued to speak concepts they did not understand, did not care about, or was inapplicable to their culture. And as a result we made little to no progress. They don't wish to be a central Asian US.

And with ISIS, the stupidest thing we can do is act indiscriminately brutal and make ISIS look like not so bad an alternative. We don't need to drive people to begrudgingly accept ISIS because they see us as even more scary. But first we need to have a realistic vision of a desired end state. Bush bought into C Rice's unrealistic utopia of an Iraq in our image and likeness. Obama has no discernable vision at all. So we have 14 years of either doomed policy or no policy. Wow, what a choice that is. If you want to start to truly fight ISIS, start with three things. They aren't sufficient but they are necessary.

1. Depoliticise it at home. Make the Muslim radicals understand they can no wait out a US regime change and get a win by default.

2. Reconstitute a massive PR campaign based on understanding the target population--similar to Radio Free Europe, etc.

3. Start building good relations with the Kurds.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:37 PM   #71
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
"Free speech, freedom of religion and guns," speedy.

And please tell us exactly how the LIBERALS have taken away your freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and guns.

I can say pretty much anything I want unless it is considered libel or dangerous to others, such as yelling "Fire" in a movie theater.

I practice the religion of my choice openly and freely.

No, you do not have the absolute freedom concerning guns that you would like. However, the majority of the people are very content with gun control as it stands today. According to the Gallup poll, 85% of the people polled believe that the laws covering sales of firearms should be stricter (47%) or kept the same (38%). So I guess 85% of the people must be Liberals.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/1645/guns.aspx
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:46 PM   #72
rioseco
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:
And please tell us exactly how the LIBERALS have taken away your freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and guns.

I can say pretty much anything I want unless it is considered libel or dangerous to others, such as yelling "Fire" in a movie theater.

No, you do not have the absolute freedom concerning guns that you would like. However, the majority of the people are very content with gun control as it stands today. According to the Gallup poll, 85% of the people polled believe that the laws covering sales of firearms should be stricter (47%) or kept the same (38%). So I guess 85% of the people must be Liberals.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/1645/guns.aspx
85% liberals ???
I hope not. I believe a good number of that 85% are ignorant and vote with their emotions and not their intellect.
rioseco is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:47 PM   #73
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K46U12bDmtI
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:58 PM   #74
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
Until this administration, it's followers and supporters recognize who the real enemy is nothing is going to change.

Shit! They think the Christian Right is a greater threat than radical Islam.
That the Tea Party Patriots are the enemy instead of ISIS, the Taliban, Al Qaeda, et al.

They're all 180 degrees out of phase. Wake the fuck up!
You're an idiot and this post exemplifies it.

Do you really think that anybody but the brain-damaged posters on here take bizarre sweeping utterly untrue generalizations like these seriously?

Fuck off back to the shallow end of the pool moron.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:07 PM   #75
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:

Already posted the evidence, speedy. Your failure to appreciate its meaning is wholly your problem, speedy.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women