Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160612
Yssup Rider59951
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47572
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35403
Mojojo33117

Old 08-26-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
Nitwitboy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6
Default A moral question

I thought I would bring this to the national forum as a topic. Not sure why, outside of TX this site is pretty quiet. Here it is. I steal movies on LimeWire. Not just one movie or old movies. I steal a shit load of movies. At any given time my laptop is stealing 5 to 10 movies a day. I travel a ton for my work. I have satellite internet access so if the laptop is on it is downloading movies. I have no SO to go to the movies with and based on my condition I am not looking for n SO. I get a feeling of guilt now and then but I remind myself that this is not the only avenue of illegality that Nitwitboy traverses.

So, am I wrong for stealing movies? Is it any worse to pay a woman to make you feel special? I suppose both are illegal, but where is the harm? Perhaps my moral compass needs adjusting. In a nutshell, no matter how ridiculous the law is as it pertains to this hobby, we all break it. What other laws are you breaking? Where is the line drawn?
Nitwitboy is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #2
Tiffany Cums
Account Disabled

User ID: 5290
My ECCIE Reviews

Yes, stealng movies is wrong. There is a differance between right and wrong, legal and illegal. Stealing movies is wrong. Paying a girl for a great time, what is wrong with that? Nothing....it is only illegal.
If you really enjoyed a movie, go buy it and contribute to the ones responsible for bringing you such of a great movie. They deserve it!
Tiffany Cums is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:12 PM   #3
Guest030112-4
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 35792

If you feel guilty, then you know it's wrong.
Guest030112-4 is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #4
Gryphon
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 13

Legal does not equal right; likewise illegal does not equal wrong. Stealing movies = wrong. Paying a provider for a good time, well, no one on this board is likely to see much of a problem with that.
Gryphon is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #5
Nitwitboy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

I am not defending myself here, but breaking one law si better than breaking another becasue we all partake> Am i a criminal and if so, are you?
Nitwitboy is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:22 PM   #6
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitwitboy View Post
I am not defending myself here, but breaking one law si better than breaking another becasue we all partake> Am i a criminal and if so, are you?
Hmmmm....

Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:26 PM   #7
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Pirating can be more expensive than the hobby.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:26 PM   #8
jfred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Yeah, no shit, GP.
jfred is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:39 PM   #9
RN1204
Gaining Momentum

I think the main difference, at least to me, is that in the hobby, you have agreement between two parties. Stealing movies is done without the consent or blessing of whoever is robbed. One concerns a law of society, the other concerns law against theft from a business or person.

Now, I would have little remorse about stealing a tankful of gas from Exxon or BP because they have fucked me (and others) at the pump many times without good reason.

There is nothing "criminal" about paying a woman to spend time with you and do whatever consenting adults chose to do. Taking from someone without their consent, in the absence of offense to you, is a bit different.

As one person said, "if you feel guilty, then you know it is wrong."

I would have to agree with that statement, although I am not being condescending toward you. Examine yourself and your actions and do what you believe is right. Open inquiry of the opinion of others speaks volumes of what you already feel in your heart.

Have a good one,

Ciao
RN1204 is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:15 PM   #10
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN1204 View Post

Neither do I feel guilty about putting a bullet through the skull of a terrorist or their affiliates in times past.
Now there's a huge leap. Stealing movies to killing people. I find it very odd that you would talk about such things.
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:30 PM   #11
RN1204
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley View Post
Now there's a huge leap. Stealing movies to killing people. I find it very odd that you would talk about such things.
Sir or mam, I apologize if I offended you. I became caught up in the past. Reality in War is shocking, and most will never experience fear on that level. When you consider that many terrorists and other people of mayhem will rape your daughter and cut her head off, bash you newborn's head to pieces as you watch, and cut you dick and balls off as you suffocate on your own blood, it is not difficult to ascertain the justice in what I and others have done.

You as well as most live in the predominantly safe confines of the border of this country. If you were to be face-to-face with some of the people of this world who would instantly take your life via horrible means and torture, you would understand. Everyone needs to experience war in order to have the proper perspective on life and the luxury of freedom and safety that they have.

Do you believe in Capital Punishment?

I am sorry if I offended you. I will edit the post in hopes that I do not offend others. My service as well as that of many others long before me is the only reason you have freedom and the ability to lie down at night in peace without fear for what the morrow holds. No offense was meant to anybody. The topic of right and wrong was brought up, and my mind was taken back a few years.

<Auf Wiedersehen>
Old 08-26-2010, 09:41 PM   #12
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Sir or mam, I apologize if I offended you.
You didn't offend me at all. Like I said to bring up killing people in a thread about stealing movies was a huge leap.

As I understand it soldiers keeps quite about those types of activities.
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:09 PM   #13
RN1204
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley View Post

As I understand it soldiers keeps quite about those types of activities.
Not all do. I have a passion for justice in whatever way it is delivered. Your understanding of what soldiers do and don't do is quite limited, I would suspect. The opinion of one is not the opinion of all who have been involved in such. Unless you have encountered hundreds or even thousands of men of war, what you deduce as being the norm is an opinion rather than a fact. No offense taken however.

I will, for the sake of peace, keep my thoughts of such to myself and discuss it with only understanding company.

Ciao
Old 08-26-2010, 10:33 PM   #14
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Not all do. I have a passion for justice in whatever way it is delivered. Your understanding of what soldiers do and don't do is quite limited, I would suspect. The opinion of one is not the opinion of all who have been involved in such. Unless you have encountered hundreds or even thousands of men of war, what you deduce as being the norm is an opinion rather than a fact. No offense taken however.

I will, for the sake of peace, keep my thoughts of such to myself and discuss it with only understanding company.

Ciao
You might be surprised at some of our "understandings", RN1204. Might wish to tone down your condescending tone. Oh, and that was Elisabeth speaking, not the moderator. It's late and your remarks didn't hit just right although I certainly do agree with much of what you presented.

About the topic, though, it just makes sense that pirating movies is not a correct thing to do. Anyone can justify anything and the same could be applied to our little world.

But what two adults do in the privacy of their home (or incall, on the ground, back seat, against the wall of an alley, etc.) should be considered fine even if certain societal mores condemn it. It's not stealing something.

Pirating is stealing. Although I'm sure most of us are guilty of it in one form or another. I certainly am.

Hugs,
Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:37 PM   #15
Cpalmson

Encounters: 98

First off, screw the illegal/wrong moral equivalency argument. Participating in the hobby is actually more illegal than downloading movies/music. Prostitution/Soliciting Sex are causes for criminal charges-- i.e. you get a record and could go to jail. For the most part, downloading movies is mainly a civil offense that does not incur a criminal record.

As to the morality, yes, it is immoral to download movies. It is also immoral for the motion picture industry to charge me $10 to see the shit they put out. Plus, have you seen the prices they charge for popcorn and a drink? Same goes for the music industry. $20 for a CD that has maybe one good song-- please! The way I justify things is this. They have over-charged me over my lifetime, so I feel entitled to download their product without paying. In the end, the industry still comes out ahead.
Cpalmson is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women