Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70419
biomed160575
Yssup Rider59933
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47552
pyramider46370
bambino40326
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35378
Mojojo33117

Old 01-30-2011, 12:20 PM   #61
rrabbit6926
Ambassador

Encounters: 36

Yeah Val, that avatar doesn't do you justice
rrabbit6926 is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:23 PM   #62
Valerie
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54212
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Highlight View Post
Okay Val, this is what matters to me....where's the hot avatar pose?? Now you're forcing me to have obsess on Naomi again!!... Oh the pain.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrabbit6926 View Post
Yeah Val, that avatar doesn't do you justice
Ok you guys are pitiful!...I like to change my avatar up!....I'll put up a new one later...geez!
Valerie is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:33 PM   #63
rrabbit6926
Ambassador

Encounters: 36

You could always let me take a pic with my HD camera phone, I'll make sure it stands out .
rrabbit6926 is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:17 PM   #64
Ed Highlight
Valued Poster

Encounters: 79
Default Pitiful?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
Ok you guys are pitiful!...I like to change my avatar up!....I'll put up a new one later...geez!
Is that any way to talk to your fans?!?! You can change your avatar as often as you like....we just expressed our opinion (collectively) and the "talk to the hand" photo is clearly not your best....that's all.....geez!!
Ed Highlight is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:20 PM   #65
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 21422
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard of Ahhhhs View Post
Congrats, London..! You hit the trifecta! You casually and discreetly used the words "DDs", "blew" and "extensions" all in one sentence! Ding, ding, ding, ding....

Seriously, though, between London's, Naomi's, and Sweet's avatars, we are in a constant state of distraction on this board! AND WE LOVE IT!

You ladies rock! Now if only one of you were in Kansas City...
Darn! I so thought I was not being obvious.
London Rayne is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:50 PM   #66
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

So, to get back on topic.......

I personally think too many reviews draws unwanted attention. I like to keep a small number of reviews, but also keep them current.
MsElena is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:25 PM   #67
Guest030915
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlie View Post
Thanks ICM,

Does this make the lady less relevant?

Carlie
IMHO, no! There are certain ladies around here that have already established themselves and their reputation proceeds them. Those ladies will always be relevant.
Guest030915 is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #68
Guest030911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5
My ECCIE Reviews

Can we please restore the powder room so we can get back to reading about Wakeup?

Threads like this are too painful to be in the open.
Guest030911 is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:47 PM   #69
Wayward
Ambassador of the Dead

Encounters: 3
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper View Post
A very prominent Provider when I first jopined the Hobby said that when you are on page 1 you get lots of calls but when you fall off the front page the calls slow down. She always wanted a review on the front page. That kinda makes sense to me.

Chipper
This is one of those posts that is so close to really being profound and then misses just enough... let me help chipper.

Many times a comment on a well written accurate review by someone that we know and trust means much more than a new review by someone we don't. The icky business model makes bumping old reviews a problem even when it shouldn't be and would be best for everyone from a purely informative standpoint.

Watching some reviews remain on the front page, for extended peroids of time is also telling. How and why they did is equally informative. No disrespect intended chipper and no doubt you were trying to be more Dallas than sublime, you raised the curtain and it seemed a good time to go ahead with opening the window...
Wayward is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #70
Guest030911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5
My ECCIE Reviews

To add just one of many good points already and that will be made:

The nuances of SHMB's require some regular reading to separate the wheat from the chaff. The guy who has seen a thousand women in the last 10 years will most likely have developed a more refined sense of quality than the guy who hasn't even seen any quim in the last year.
Guest030911 is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #71
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpi3000 View Post
Can we please restore the powder room so we can get back to reading about Wakeup?

Threads like this are too painful to be in the open.
No shit right? I haven't heard a thread posted about me in the Powder Room since the five threads started by Amber, Daphne and Brooke in December...I'm not feeling the love anymore...
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:11 PM   #72
Deuce Bigalow
Valued Poster

How many reviews is enough?

For some, just a few. For others, there are never enough.
There are so many possible variables, it's unrealistic to believe anything close to a consensus can be reached in search of an answer.
That's only speaking in terms of the guys.

The same is true for the ladies, but the possible variables are different.

This is a dance, and it takes at least two to tango. We can all enjoy dancing, but we're not all dancing for the same reasons. One is motivated to enjoy the experience. The other is motivated to make sure the experience is enjoyed.

Some of us want to dance with what is our ideal of a beautiful woman. Our personal definition of beauty is what we seek in a potential dance partner, and if she meets that definition, her skills as a dancer may not be as important in the role they play in meeting the experience we're seeking.

Others of us may want to have an experience with someone that is an exceptional dancer. Her skills as a dancer are more important in the role she plays in achieving the experience we are seeking. If she dances at that level of skill, her physical attributes may not be as important to us in how we rate the experience.

I don't care how hot she is if she can't move her hips.
I don't care if she can move her hips, look how hot she is.

Why would we expect the same dancer to be rated a "10" by both partners? Is it at all reasonable to think that a dancer who doesn't consistently rate a "10" is failing to meet her potential as a performer?
If we see five reviews of a particular dancer over the course of a week, and four of them rate her performance as a "10", and one of them rate her performance as a "7", do we really have sufficient information to fairly consider her as "inconsistent"?
Perhaps, if we were able to assume that all five reviewers were generally the same in appearance, skill level, personality, and any number of additional variables.

An important aspect of the dance that is very often ignored in discussions about reviews is the role of the dance partner/reviewer. In considering reviews, the reader would never really know if the guy that gave the "7" rating was 5'5" and 350 lbs of mean, surly bastard who hadn't had a shower in a week.
The reader also doesn't know if one of the reviewers that gave a "10" really felt like an "8" was more realistic, but gave her a "10" because that's what all the other reviewers usually give her.
Maybe the difference between a "10" and an "8" had nothing to do with anything other than the difference in personal standards each reviewer uses when giving a rating.

Good dancers bring out the best in each other when they are both working together. Maybe I'm such a good dancer that she was a "10" with me, but you could only bring out the "7" in her.
Maybe I'm such a bad dancer that no amount of effort on my part could ever allow me to achieve a "10" experience.
Maybe because I'm such a bad dancer, it's important to me that I seek partners who have as many "10" reviews as I can find as an indicator that she rates high with reviewers of all skill levels.
Maybe I'm such a good dancer that I don't care much about a few "7"'s on her record because I can bring out the "10" in most dancers that others can't.

These types of possible variables are practically endless in number. They render the belief or expectation that reviews on this or any other site are anything approaching an accurate and reliable process that can be broken down to a number crunching exercise as just short of absurd.
If the math promised you a "10" and you experienced a "7", it may or may not have been a provider problem. It just as easily could have been a math problem, or the problem with relying on math to influence your decision.

Similarly, the criteria for what is required to become a quality dancer has absolutely nothing to do with the number of reviews posted. The number of reviews only determines the number of people who are aware of the opinions expressed by those who posted the reviews.
A great dancer may have a few reviews or a hundred reviews and the same is true for a terrible dancer. The number and frequency of reviews has much more to do with marketing than it does dancing skills. The quality of a dancer is determined almost entirely by the dance performance. The difference in quality between two different dancers is in no way determined by the number, frequency, and/or location of posted reviews.

Reviews are an indicator of what might be depending on a number of variables which can be different for each individual. They are opinion that can be influenced by more variables. Even without the variables, a review is one person's opinion of a two or more person experience that is difficult to truly convey in written form to someone who wasn't there.
Reviews are by no means worthless. They are a valuable tool in the decision making process, but so many of the problems and criticisms that arise and are discussed on sites like this one result from the belief or expectation that reviews are an indicator of more than can reasonably be expected.
Use them in search of creating your own experience rather than searching for an experience that you expect to re-create.
Deuce Bigalow is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:19 PM   #73
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

I'm glad we don't play the "numbers" game here (or your site Deuce). Its waaay too arbitrary and subject to interpretation by the writer and the reader. I know that some ladies world revolves around getting a 8 instead of a 9. Fuck all that!
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:24 AM   #74
beautifulbailey
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 43083
My ECCIE Reviews

The question I have been asking myself recently. After me first few reviews I preferred not to be reviewed by those who visited, trust me I have my reasons and it has nothing to do with the service I provide. Please don't ge tmem wrong I truly appreciate anyone who will take the time out to give a review. I do find that unless you are very well known it does help to have new reviews. I guess it is time for a refresher.
beautifulbailey is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:29 AM   #75
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 21422
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
I'm glad we don't play the "numbers" game here (or your site Deuce). Its waaay too arbitrary and subject to interpretation by the writer and the reader. I know that some ladies world revolves around getting a 8 instead of a 9. Fuck all that!
Amen! So many guys have told me that they don't even go by the numbers anymore...the devil is in the details.

I think reviews help clear up any bs spewed by men who have not seen said lady. For instance, stalker says bad things trying to sway others from seeing a lady just because she put him in his place. If that girl has tons of reviews ALL saying how polite, laid back, and professional she is...well he just looks like a total retard lol.

A girl may be able to con a few white knights into saying nice things about her, but 100 different guys all saying the same thing, can't really be disputed.
London Rayne is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women