Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47432
pyramider46370
bambino40283
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 07-17-2022, 11:25 AM   #1
432cherries
Sweet Like Cherry Pie

User ID: 369306
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default If there's any doctors on this website this question would probably be for you

Does anyone know how to obtain a medical history on someone like my mother who has been deceased now for 17 years or how to go about finding out who her doctors were when she was alive
432cherries is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 04:14 AM   #2
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

I would think the Health dept. in your state might have that info.

also, her health insurance company would have this info as well.

not sure if they would give this info to you even tho she was deceased 17 years ago.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 07:16 PM   #3
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

They won’t, unless you’re the executor of her estate or she has been dead at least 50 years. Hippa is a nightmare. My Mrs had to go in front of a medical board and kiss ass because she pulled up information on our own minor (at the time) kid, and she’s a doctor at the hospital where she pulled it up.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 07:54 PM   #4
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

cherries,
Those records prob no longer exist as it's very rare that records are kept more than a decade for discontinued patients. For deceased patients less. You have to shuffle this asap. But it's prob to late. Start with whomever signed the death certificate and the outfit they worked for. But, go after whatever supporting detail there was for both the "cause" and "secondary cause", and then just try follow up the names you find. If she was over 65, your chances are not good at all. I highly recommend that you talk to any/all of your family for any clues whatsoever. For one of my god-daughters, we have her family med history written out due to the cancer her mom and grandmom had. And that took a lot of convo. Her grandpa kept getting upset.

Jac,
Your Mrs violated procedure, she was not the assigned med staff. Also, direct next of kin can usually pull records, if they exist.
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 03:17 AM   #5
432cherries
Sweet Like Cherry Pie

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter View Post
cherries,
Those records prob no longer exist as it's very rare that records are kept more than a decade for discontinued patients. For deceased patients less. You have to shuffle this asap. But it's prob to late. Start with whomever signed the death certificate and the outfit they worked for. But, go after whatever supporting detail there was for both the "cause" and "secondary cause", and then just try follow up the names you find. If she was over 65, your chances are not good at all. I highly recommend that you talk to any/all of your family for any clues whatsoever. For one of my god-daughters, we have her family med history written out due to the cancer her mom and grandmom had. And that took a lot of convo. Her grandpa kept getting upset.

Jac,
Your Mrs violated procedure, she was not the assigned med staff. Also, direct next of kin can usually pull records, if they exist.
Oh I'm not trying to Sue or go after anybody because of her passing away that's not the case it's only because that I know there's a lot of medical problems on both sides of my family and you know now that I'm getting older I want to kind of if possible look into it to see what I have in store for me as I get older so pretty much that's all that was when you said find out who signed the death certificate do you mean like the next of conducted or are you talking about the medical examiner because I was the one that identified her when she did pass
Old 07-20-2022, 03:18 AM   #6
432cherries
Sweet Like Cherry Pie

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
They won’t, unless you’re the executor of her estate or she has been dead at least 50 years. Hippa is a nightmare. My Mrs had to go in front of a medical board and kiss ass because she pulled up information on our own minor (at the time) kid, and she’s a doctor at the hospital where she pulled it up.
That's messed up though because it is her own child that she put up records on regardless of the fact like she's a parent she should have that entitlement to do so
Old 07-20-2022, 10:35 AM   #7
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

cherries,
Yes, you must take a shot at it cause some medical issues can be hereditary. Which is why I have the god daughter story.
Yes talk to that medical examiner as he may have signed the death certificate, and may know who your mom's primary doc was.
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 09:20 PM   #8
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... Top level great advice for you there from Carpenter.

Also the fact that YOU are doing this check for health reasons
of yer-own and NOT looking to sue any doctors MIGHT open
some doors for you, Cherries...

Good luck.

### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 05:35 AM   #9
Bradscott
Gaining Momentum

A friend of mine was disciplined for pulling up his wife’s medical record at the hospital where he worked. I don’t believe this is a violation of HIPAA but it was a violation of this hospital’s policy. This physician was only warned.
Bradscott is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 01:48 PM   #10
Tatiana36dd
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 42239
My ECCIE Reviews

Do 23andme..it .ay connect u dna wise to other relatives. And provide some health answers or at leads on genetics .
Tatiana36dd is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 05:01 AM   #11
zingao
Valued Poster

Encounters: 114

Medical records, by law, have to be kept for 7 years. After 7 years, the physician office or hospital may either: destroy them, or store the records in electronic fashion, however, this is not required by law.

With regards to genetics, you cannot change your genome or make up, but, if you have a PCP, they can run tests on you and help you.

I will give you an example:

if you have your cholesterol checked, and your cholesterol is above 200, well that means you may be at higher risk for many problems: stroke, heart attacks, peripheral vascular disease, hypertension , etc...

Once your doctor sees your cholesterol is elevated, there is no evidence that no matter what you do or eat, this will not change it much, however, medications can help. And in particular, the new biologics that are available. For example, tradtional medications to lower cholesterol are called statins. these have side effects. But now, they have injectable medication taken every 2 weeks, that can lower your total cholesterol to under 90.

SO your best bet is to get in with a doctor. let them evaluate you and do the blood tests, UA, EKG, etc...
zingao is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 11:21 AM   #12
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingao View Post
Medical records, by law, have to be kept for 7 years. After 7 years, the physician office or hospital may either: destroy them, or store the records in electronic fashion, however, this is not required by law.

With regards to genetics, you cannot change your genome or make up, but, if you have a PCP, they can run tests on you and help you.

I will give you an example:

if you have your cholesterol checked, and your cholesterol is above 200, well that means you may be at higher risk for many problems: stroke, heart attacks, peripheral vascular disease, hypertension , etc...

Once your doctor sees your cholesterol is elevated, there is no evidence that no matter what you do or eat, this will not change it much, however, medications can help. And in particular, the new biologics that are available. For example, tradtional medications to lower cholesterol are called statins. these have side effects. But now, they have injectable medication taken every 2 weeks, that can lower your total cholesterol to under 90.

SO your best bet is to get in with a doctor. let them evaluate you and do the blood tests, UA, EKG, etc...
Elevated Cholesterol is not a disease but an indicator that something is array. Cholesterol lowering drugs only mask the actual problem. Whatever is actual causing the elevation in blood lipids it still exists. Nutrition plays a big roll in the maintenance of normal Cholesterol and Blood Pressure unfortunately Doctors who practice Allopathic Medicine have limited working knowledge of Nutrition and how it applies to optimum health. Doctors are trained and encourage by the Health Profession to prescribe Drug therapy to treat illness.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 08:04 PM   #13
zingao
Valued Poster

Encounters: 114

Not arguing with you. DOnt know your background or your level of education.

Please do not be offended.

Cholesterol that is measured, is a product of liver metabolism. There may be some genetic predisposition or some other mechanism, that eventually results in these levels getting elevated, especially as people age. Without a doubt, people who drink alcohol daily or are on steroids for prolonged periods of time, will get an elevation of the bad cholesterol (LDL). But even the healthiest people, who eat all the right foods, can have a total cholesterol level over 300 or 400, and this is, without a doubt, some form of genetic predisposition. DOnt know what your point is. But yes, I agree with you. Most of medicine nowadays, is meant for treatments and not cure. Because treatments is what generates money for the elite few. Cures result in least financial burden on the person who is suffering. I know all about this too well. But your point about nutrition playing a role, I would like to play the devils advocate, and let you know, that even in the most nutrition minded and diet strict and thinnest person , that lives and follows all the rules on intake, can still and will still develop coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, cerebrovascular accidents, and myocardial infarctions. SO there is more to it than just nutrition. But your point is well taken.. Tell people to eat right.
zingao is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women