Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 01-31-2010, 09:11 PM   #16
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

To me the definition is spot on. With that being said, I don't feel a true courtesan is out here marketing herself. I feel they were groomed very early in life and were guided into society.
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:41 PM   #17
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Awesome. Popcorn, butter, a movie, and I get to be kinky
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:49 PM   #18
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

Quote:
Please let me know what I'm missing while I try to NOT put my foot in my mouth while writing this response. Thanks in advance.

A good post. Threads on this subject have a long history of deteriorating, that's what all the good natured ribbing going about.
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:40 PM   #19
Exotic Lily
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 5516
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers View Post
So the definition that is listed above is beautiful to read but is completely inaccurate with what we're mostly seeing in this world today.Elisabeth
All it takes is for one to broaden their horizons... but then again some are only accustomed to what they have been exposed to culturally or otherwise.
Exotic Lily is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:12 AM   #20
Thais
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 11506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotic Lily View Post
She derives unique pleasure from knowing she has made a positive difference in her gentleman's life...
...She is, ironically, a rather moral woman, who sets her boundaries and cannot be 'bought'.

She is a genuinely elite, quality woman...
I think my problem with all such definitions is the elitism, which to me implies denigrating others. I would read the text and think yes, that sounds like something to aspire to - and then come across something else that makes me cringe. As the result, I think I am developing an allergy to the word "elite" on companion websites...

For example, from what I have seen, boundary setting and enjoying the positive difference you make are essential factors for a sex worker at every level - and I would even say for every human being.
Thais is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:28 AM   #21
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Last Tango in Paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
Awesome. Popcorn, butter, a movie, and I get to be kinky
We'll change the ending (of the movie). No pun intended1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley View Post
I feel they were groomed very early in life and were guided into society.
WTF does that mean?

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:28 AM   #22
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley View Post
To me the definition is spot on. With that being said, I don't feel a true courtesan is out here marketing herself. I feel they were groomed very early in life and were guided into society.
It is what defines a Geisha, in that they are "groomed" for that at an early stage in life. Lily, it was a lovely description for both parties. But like Nicholette said (and Christine Aguilera) sometimes you need a "dirrty" girl.
Guest083011 is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:50 AM   #23
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotic Lily View Post
All it takes is for one to broaden their horizons... but then again some are only accustomed to what they have been exposed to culturally or otherwise.
I sincerely hope that it's just the early morning and I'm not reading exactly what is being inferred by your statement.

Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:54 AM   #24
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thais View Post
I think my problem with all such definitions is the elitism, which to me implies denigrating others. I would read the text and think yes, that sounds like something to aspire to - and then come across something else that makes me cringe. As the result, I think I am developing an allergy to the word "elite" on companion websites...

For example, from what I have seen, boundary setting and enjoying the positive difference you make are essential factors for a sex worker at every level - and I would even say for every human being.
As always, you're the voice of reason. Wonderful post!

And thanks, Lauren, for your insight! (Although I sortof knew that sometimes I still need a clue!)

I appreciate you both!

Yours,
Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:01 AM   #25
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR Only View Post
It is what defines a Geisha, in that they are "groomed" for that at an early stage in life. Lily, it was a lovely description for both parties. But like Nicholette said (and Christine Aguilera) sometimes you need a "dirrty" girl.
Then call a oiran, Geisha do not have sex with their patrons.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geisha[/ame]

However, legitimate geisha do not engage in paid sex with clients. Their purpose is to entertain their customer, be it by dancing, reciting verse, playing musical instruments, or engaging in light conversation. Geisha engagements may include flirting with men and playful innuendos; however, clients know that nothing more can be expected. In a social style that is common in Japan, men are amused by the illusion of that which is never to be.

Geisha have been confused with the Edo period's high-class courtesans known as oiran, from whom they evolved. Like geisha, oiran wore elaborate hairstyles and white makeup, but oiran knotted their obi in the front.

Quote:
As always,
Not always..........Diamonds and Tuxedos, HDH? Thais post is chocked full of contradictions. Look where she is posting. Does she have a problem with this forum?

Quote:
I sincerely hope that it's just the early morning and I'm not reading exactly what is being inferred by your statement.

Elisabeth
What, that it never hurts to expand one's horizon?

I think that is good advice to all.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:46 AM   #26
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:

Elisabeth
I read it that way as well.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:50 AM   #27
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Being offened by the truth is not expanding one's horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
I read it that way as well.
Well then lets all try to expand our horizon's
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:52 AM   #28
Camille
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 511
My ECCIE Reviews

If you do some digging into thesis and the like where people have actually done substantial research into courtesans, you will find that a courtesan is a woman who wishes to maintain a lifestyle to which she has become accustomed, not create such a lifestyle. That is why so many self-proclaimed courtesans are dismissed, regardless of how succesful they may be at securing the trappings of wealth. You would be maintaining a the kind of priveleged life you were born into. Women who traditionally became courtesans were those with brothers who would inherit the wealth upon the parents death and who did not wish to marry to secure their wealth.

C
Camille is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:06 AM   #29
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

one's age certainly affects one's approach

like the young bull and the old bull standing on a hill overlooking the heifers in the field below..."let's run down there and get one", exclaims the young bull, "no" said the old bull, "lets walk down there and get them all".
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:41 AM   #30
AvaAstor
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 5048
My ECCIE Reviews

Ladies and Gentlemen, my opinion only, but would love a few thoughts....
This entire conversation steps over, under and around the complex nature of being a female. I have always looked at people in one way - very simple, I suppose. Everyone puts their pants on the same way. Females play many, many roles. We are expected to behave one way as a wife, another as a mother, and a completely different way as a lover. I can be as Elite as one would like and I can get quite Naughty as well. I think gentlemen simply have different tastes on different days. Am I completely off base?
AvaAstor is offline   Quote