Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Member Suggestions and Forum Requests
Member Suggestions and Forum Requests This site is being designed around our membership. Please share your feedback and give suggestions. Use this section to request new forums or changes/updates as well. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40279
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 03-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
GNG
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28
Thumbs down Do we REALLY need an ability to rate a thread?

The ability to rate a thread on ECCIE, especially review threads, seems to be an effort in futility. One person may rate a specific review as 5-stars, and then some yahoo will come along with an axe to grind against that provider and will rate it 1-star. As a result, that provider or the person who wrote the review will apparently enlist the help of WKs or friends to come artificially boost the rating back up, and vice-versa. The rating system provides NO useful benefit, and just serves to cause friction on the boards.

The VBulletin system can easily be altered to remove the ability to rate threads and might go a long way to removing these pissing contests.

Opinions?
GNG is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
urhuckleberry
Ambassador

Encounters: 42

I know of very few people who notice the ratings, or really care.

There is no major award for a five-star thread.

Huck
urhuckleberry is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
GNG
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Exactly my point. Why have them then?

They're like dewclaws on a dog...eminently worthless.
GNG is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:50 AM   #4
annie@christophers
Business Account

User ID: 4912
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Cause

Just like reviews..IDIOTS look at them... Google a number..its safer.. Anyone mad at somebody for YEARS can ruin a girl..(we dont care cause of course the longevity ya know) xxo annie
annie@christophers is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Roger, not sure why you are getting so upset about something you admit isn't very important. There are far bigger issues about the board I would suspect.

And if you think this would stop Hatfield & McCoy feuds on here just because people can't rate threads, then you don't know human nature very well (or you underestimate the hostility of some posters here).
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #6
Guest062716
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by urhuckleberry View Post
I know of very few people who notice the ratings, or really care.

There is no major award for a five-star thread.

Huck
Does that mean there is a minor award for a 5 Star thread?

When do I get mine? I was hoping it would be something along the lines of the one Ralphie's dad got.....

Am I going to be disappointed now?

Disappointingly submitted,

OldSarge
Guest062716 is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #7
Tiffany Cums
Account Disabled

User ID: 5290
My ECCIE Reviews

lol Oh sarge....I would so love to have that lamp as well! I have a nice picture window in the front room for it!

I never cared for the star system. I have noticed that some ladies use it to rate their own threads, which can be mildly irritating for some but I just get a chuckle out of it. Good for them....at least SOMEONE thought their thread was 5 stars!

What I don't care for is the system being used on reviews....what girl has the right to rate another girls review with 1 star?? I mean, really??? Is there a way to only allow men to star rate the reviews?

Also, I had noticed, the coffee shop in the OK forums is a wonderful thread! Everyone loves it! Even several ladies and gents from out of state comes in to visit. But...1 person decided to act like a fool and give it a 1 star rating. Everyone else starting giving it 5 stars to pull it up because we couldn't beleive someone actually gave it 1 star! WTH??? So after 20 votes, it is still at a 4.02 star. Makes me wonder exactly how these things are averaged. I have seen the same thing done on reviews....1 competing lady will throw a 1 star on it, then several come to the aid of the innocent victims who received the rating (both hobbiest and provider) and yet it still remains as a low rating because although 10 voted for 5 stars, the 1 star still drags it down.

I think it's a rather rude system. Toss it!
Tiffany Cums is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #8
Exotic Beauty
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 11213
My ECCIE Reviews

Its a good thing there is not a "Dislike" button or tab on here.That might make a war break out...Lol! That would be sad.
Exotic Beauty is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #9
Guest082513-02
Account Disabled

User ID: 60550
My ECCIE Reviews

I keep forgetting that option to rate threads is there. I personally hate when my reviews are rated, by male or female. If a guy is going to read it.. hes going to read it. No need to draw attention. And i get a big laugh as well. I see some of mine get a high star rating and then you KNOW its the haters bringing it down.. I personally think a guy is going to pay attention to detail in the ROS rather than some stupid stars.
As far as the threads go... i feel the same as a review. If the title draws my attention, im going to read it.. Dont much care about stars and normally dont pay attention.

I am curious tho.. how does one tell if its a hobbyist or a provider that is ranking them?
Guest082513-02 is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:57 AM   #10
Tiffany Cums
Account Disabled

User ID: 5290
My ECCIE Reviews

Lacy, I have noticed that you have not been one to fall for the war of the stars, and I applaud you for that. Looking back at the OK forum, I can see a few really great threads you had started that someone gave one star to...??? It is utter nonsense. I only cast a vote if the thread is amazing or I will bump up the rating on reviews....reguardless of who the review is on or who posted it. I just really don't think any review needs to be graded like that.

As far as being able to tell who voted, with it be a lady or gentleman and the such, no... I do not believe there is any way to tell other then a hunch. Sometimes if you have a beef with a lady, and all of a sudden your posts and reviews end up with a one star, you can pretty much tell.
Tiffany Cums is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:58 AM   #11
Guest082513-02
Account Disabled

User ID: 60550
My ECCIE Reviews

I agree. I honestly have yet to find a thread even worthy of stars... except coffeeshop. I mean that is an epic thread.. VERY worthy of 5. And a couple of threads that were VERY informative. But reviews.. it cracks me up when i see stars. I know there are a few ladies that you know they deserve 5 stars.. but the gentleman can simple see the name and BAM they are going to read it.. like i i said, i dont think they pay attention to stars on reviews. IMHO i think they just look "HEY LOOK AT ME IM IN NEED OF ATTENTION" kind of thing.. I have asked a couple gentlemen not to star my reviews, because of that reason. Guys who are not interested... simply wont read. But when someone throws stars on it.. i laugh and we have inside bets how long til haters start knocking it down.. its actually pretty funny.
Like i said. Guys will see names in the title.. and THAT is what makes them decide to read it.. not those darn stars.
Guest082513-02 is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:03 AM   #12
sensualsanaa
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1199
My ECCIE Reviews

Wow, look at me, not even knowing there was a star rating system or that anyone paid attention to it.
sensualsanaa is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women