Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40277
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 06-15-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
Whispers
Hope I haven't bored you!

Encounters: 22
Default unemployment claims

A young lady I know is collecting unemployment.

She recently was offered a job, worked it for 4 days and then decided she didn't like it and quit. basically because it was too physically demanding for her.

When it came time, she did not report it and claimed the next 2 weeks as if she never had the job.

She received a letter yesterday that stated the job came up in a Random unemployment Screening and had to call in to be interviewed today by the TWC.

Any ideas on what will happen? The pay she received for the 4 days was just over $200 and she claimed and received the full weeks unemployment benefits.

Will I need to get her a lawyer?
Whispers is offline   Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:15 PM   #2
S O B
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Had she reported the income there would be no problem. Too physically demanding? As opposed to laying on her back?
S O B is offline   Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #3
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

I think the question asks us to speculate. The girl should go to the interview and find out what TWC wants to talk about, then take it from there.
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
Karl Hungus
Gaining Momentum

Could be trouble if TWC thinks anything fraudulent occurred. This first call is going to be with an investigator. There will probably be a number of hearings before too much of anything happens because TWC is real bureaucratic, but if things really go badly, there can be consequences. Here is a link to the statutes: http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u...htm/LA.214.htm

She also needs to think through the "too physically demanding" thing. TWC may think her voluntary resignation is a disqualifying event and terminate benefits as a voluntary resignation. I don't know your facts, but this case from the TWC precedent manual makes it look like a pretty tough case to prove.

Appeal No. 3210-CA-75. The claimant left her job because the work was too hard and because, in her opinion, the standing required by the work was causing her feet and legs to swell, thereby adversely affecting her health. She had not consulted a physician and thus had not been advised by a doctor to leave the job due to health reasons. She never made her complaints known to the plant foreman nor did she seek a transfer to other work. HELD: Since the claimant never advised the plant foreman of her health problem and never consulted a physician regarding it (and, thus, was never advised by a physician to quit work because of her health problem), the claimant's separation was voluntary and with-out good cause connected with the work.
Karl Hungus is offline   Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:51 PM   #5
TexanAtPlay
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

She probably needs to fess up and amend her record before too much time passes.
http://www.twc.state.tx.us/news/efte...reduction.html
TWC could very well rule the voluntary leave changed the situation.

http://www.twc.state.tx.us/news/efte...ues.html#dq-sw

She's going to have to convince a hearing officer that the job was NOT suitable and explain how it was too physically demanding. The "I didn't like it" part won't help her at all. If she used that with that 4-day employer when she quit -- game probably over. They WILL bring it into any hearing, and if not them, the FIRST employer under whose claim she's receiving UI might just have that information. It's permissible for former employers to keep tabs on the job hunting activities of their UI receiving former employees.
TexanAtPlay is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #6
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispers View Post
A young lady I know is collecting unemployment.

She recently was offered a job, worked it for 4 days and then decided she didn't like it and quit. basically because it was too physically demanding for her.

When it came time, she did not report it and claimed the next 2 weeks as if she never had the job.

She received a letter yesterday that stated the job came up in a Random unemployment Screening and had to call in to be interviewed today by the TWC.

Any ideas on what will happen? The pay she received for the 4 days was just over $200 and she claimed and received the full weeks unemployment benefits.

Will I need to get her a lawyer?
I had this happen to me.. she will need to pay back the overpayment.

if she is still collection UE, then have her keep on filing, they will deduct the overpayment from her UE checks till they are paid off.

If she has provided before she might want to do a little while they get their money back..

let her also know that the state will get theirs
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:04 PM   #7
lover_361
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

dont mean to sound like a #$%#$%, but I hope that person gets what she deserves for lying and trying to cheat the system.

If they knowingly lied on the paperwork, I hope the State will file "tampering with a government record."

Too many people take advantage of being unemployed because they are too lazy to find a job and keep it. They would rather get free money when they are fully cabable of doing some good ol' fashioned work.

If someone is going to use a medical excuse, they should provide proof from a medical doctor that they can't do whatever type of job prior to filing for unemployment benefits.

Also there should be penalities or fines for failing to show for a job interview or intentionally failing an interview. Also, if someone manages to find a job, they need to be employed for at least 6 months with no problems.

If someone can't follow the rules, no money...period.

All the above is my personal opinion.
lover_361 is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:32 AM   #8
AimeeAims
Account Frozen

User ID: 56605
My ECCIE Reviews

She made $50 a day. A day??? God, what kind of job was that. And physically demanding for that 50 bucks?
AimeeAims is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women