Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Member Suggestions and Forum Requests
Member Suggestions and Forum Requests This site is being designed around our membership. Please share your feedback and give suggestions. Use this section to request new forums or changes/updates as well. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70384
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452866
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47436
pyramider46370
bambino40285
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 02-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
GentlemanCaller007
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23
Post Custom "Home" Page (definition)

I think it would be great if in our Account preferences we could set our "Home" location. i.e. I prefer to start out in the San Antonio Forums. Some people might like to always open up to their messages (or their favorite thread)

Also, when I go check my messages from the San Antonio subsection, there is no easy way to get back where I came from. I have to click Home which takes me to WorldWide and then walk there.

(Yes, the other work around is to use the Browser back button but as any web-developer knows this is scary and dangerous. I also don't like passing through previous posts-in-progress, edits I already completed, etc)

This board is a GREAT app. I'm thrilled with what it already can do. This is just an enhancement suggestion. Cheers!

I apologize if this has already been covered. I used the SEARCH tab and combed through many posts and didn't find it.
GentlemanCaller007 is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
210GFX
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 4

This board runs an old version of vBulletin as it is. It would be nice to see it upgraded to the 4th generation of the software, or even Xen Foro.
210GFX is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
Missy Mariposa
Magdalene in gogo boots

User ID: 10853
My ECCIE Reviews

^^^new VB would be great
Missy Mariposa is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanCaller007 View Post
I think it would be great if in our Account preferences we could set our "Home" location. i.e. I prefer to start out in the San Antonio Forums. Some people might like to always open up to their messages (or their favorite thread)
You can bookmark the page you want to start with. When you go to the bookmark that page will display but you will have to still log in. After you do that that same page will display again.

Just bookmark the pages you visit frequently and then you can use them to easily get to them from wherever you happen to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanCaller007 View Post
Also, when I go check my messages from the San Antonio subsection, there is no easy way to get back where I came from. I have to click Home which takes me to WorldWide and then walk there.
Yes. there is. Near the top of the page you will find this section...

With those links you can easily go back to a forum page without having to backspace your way through.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #5
skydiver
Account Disabled

Encounters: 59

On the same token, isn't there a way to put a radio button (or whatnot) at the bottom of threads, where a user can click and be taken back to the threads in the forum they were just in? Say for instance I'm reading a post in the Dallas section, and I'm at the very bottom. Currently I have to scroll all the way back to the top in order to hit the "Dallas" section again. I know in other vBulletin formats, at the very bottom, you can just click on the "Forum Jump" at the bottom and it takes you back to whatever forum you want to be in, if that makes sense.
skydiver is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #6
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Use the "back" button on your browser to retrace your steps. In Firefox, when you right click the "back" button it will display a list of the pages you recently visited. Then all you have to do is choose the one you want.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #7
Mike Vronsky
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

Actually there is. ECCIE leaves what is called crumbs on top of the website to the left of where you logged in.

As an example if I click on San Antonio -> Provider Ads the left side will display "ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio" Underneath you will see "Provider Ads - San Antonio"

If you click on the "San Antonio" on the first line it will take you back to the San Antonio section as if you clicked on "Home -> San Antonio".
Mike Vronsky is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #8
skydiver
Account Disabled

I get that. But vBulletin usually has the option to put a "forum jump" button at the bottom of a thread page, so you can immediately jump back to the section you were in, i.e. San Antonio>Mens Lounge, instead of having to go back to the San Antonio section in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dante0322 View Post
Actually there is. ECCIE leaves what is called crumbs on top of the website to the left of where you logged in.

As an example if I click on San Antonio -> Provider Ads the left side will display "ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio" Underneath you will see "Provider Ads - San Antonio"

If you click on the "San Antonio" on the first line it will take you back to the San Antonio section as if you clicked on "Home -> San Antonio".
Old 05-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #9
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

I believe a couple of you missed the last part of Post 4.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #10
skydiver
Account Disabled

Perhaps, but you still have to scroll back up to the top of a thread in order to get to that part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokoa View Post
I believe a couple of you missed the last part of Post 4.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:23 AM   #11
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

No, not really. Just use the Home key. It will instantly take you to the top of the page.
Mokoa is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women