Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59850
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 11-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
Marshall
BANNED

Default Is Barack Obama Depressed?

Is Barack Obama Depressed?

Wouldn't you be? Barack Obama is at the nadir of his political popularity and effectiveness. He has been maneuvered into an economic corner of 9%-plus unemployment by a relentlessly nihilistic Congress. His achievements—killing bin Laden, saving the auto industry at negligible cost—are written off as flukes. Plus all this 9/11 anniversary stuff! We hear the New York Times is looking into whether it's all starting to get to him—like, clinically.
We're told by a source inside the Times that the paper is preparing a story arguing that Obama no longer finds joy in the political back-and-forth, has seemed increasingly listless to associates, and is generally exhibiting the litany of signs that late-night cable commercials will tell you add up to depression. Or maybe Low T.
Either way, the investigation was described to us as taking seriously the notion that Obama may be suffering from a depressive episode. Of course, absent a telltale Wellbutrin prescription or testimony from the man himself, it's really impossible to achieve a reliable diagnosis. And a story like "Obama Appears to Suffer From Depression" can be easily downgraded to "Political Travails Begin to Take Personal Toll on Obama." So the story in question, if it ever comes out, may not end up supporting the depression thesis. But rest assured: There are people at the Times who, based on the paper's reporting, believe Obama is depressed—the kind of depression where, if he weren't the president of the United States, he wouldn't be getting out of bed in the morning.
As per usual, a Times spokeswoman declined to comment: "In keeping with our policy that we don't comment on stories that we may or may not be working on, we will not comment in this case."
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

He's not depressed, but he is a carrier.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:33 PM   #3
Marshall
BANNED

Aimless Obama walks alone

Last Updated: 3:45 AM, October 9, 2011
Posted: 2:49 AM, October 9, 2011

Michael Goodwin

The reports are not good, disturbing even. I have heard basically the same story four times in the last 10 days, and the people doing the talking are in New York and Washington and are spread across the political spectrum.
The gist is this: President Obama has become a lone wolf, a stranger to his own government. He talks mostly, and sometimes only, to friend and adviser Valerie Jarrett and to David Axelrod, his political strategist.
Everybody else, including members of his Cabinet, have little face time with him except for brief meetings that serve as photo ops. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner both have complained, according to people who have talked to them, that they are shut out of important decisions.

President Obama has become a lone wolf, a stranger to his own government.

The president’s workdays are said to end early, often at 4 p.m. He usually has dinner in the family residence with his wife and daughters, then retreats to a private office. One person said he takes a stack of briefing books. Others aren’t sure what he does.
If the reports are accurate, and I believe they are, they paint a picture of an isolated man trapped in a collapsing presidency. While there is no indication Obama is walking the halls of the White House late at night, talking to the portraits of former presidents, as Richard Nixon did during Watergate, the reports help explain his odd public remarks.
Obama conceded in one television interview recently that Americans are not “better off than they were four years ago” and said in another that the nation had “gotten a little soft.” Both smacked of a man who feels discouraged and alienated and sparked comparisons to Jimmy Carter, never a good sign.
Blaming the country is political heresy, of course, yet Obama is running out of scapegoats. His allies rarely make affirmative arguments on his behalf anymore, limiting themselves to making excuses for his failure. He and they attack Republicans, George W. Bush, European leaders and Chinese currency manipulation -- and that was just last week.
The blame game isn’t much of a defense for Solyndra and “Fast and Furious,” the emerging twin scandals that paint a picture of incompetence at best.
Obama himself is spending his public time pushing a $450 billion “jobs” bill -- really another stimulus in disguise -- that even Senate Democrats won’t support. He grimly flogged it repeatedly at his Thursday press conference, even though snowballs in hell have a better chance of survival.
If he cracked a single smile at the hour-plus event, I missed it. He seems happy only on the campaign trail, where the adoration of the crowd lifts his spirits.

When it comes to getting America back on track to economic growth, he is running on vapors. Yet he shows no inclination to adopt any ideas other than his own Big Government grab. His itch for higher taxes verges on a fetish.
Harvey Golub, former chairman of American Express, called the “jobs” bill an incoherent mess. Writing in The Wall Street Journal, he said that among other flaws, the bill includes an unheard of retroactive tax hike on the holders of municipal bonds.
“Many of us have suspected that economic illiterates were setting the economic policy of this administration,” Golub wrote, adding that the bill “reveals a depth of cluelessness that boggles the mind.”

President Obama has become a lone wolf, a stranger to his own government.

The public increasingly shares the sentiment. A new Quinnipiac polls finds that 55 percent now disapprove of Obama’s job performance, with only 41 percent approving. A mere 29 percent say the economy will improve if the president gets four more years.
The election, unfortunately, is nearly 13 months away.
The way Obama’s behaving, by then we’ll all be talking to portraits of past presidents, asking why this one turned out to be such a flop.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #4
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Maybe he just needs 2 months vacation
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:43 PM   #5
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
Maybe he just needs 2 months vacation

Is depression more prevalent in your African-American community?
Old 11-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #6
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
He's not depressed, but he is a carrier.

At least he's good at it.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:46 PM   #7
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Jesus, Arshole. Now you've got me defending Wave. Why use a racist slur when a logical, well thought out argument will ALWAYS defeat Wave's positions? Gawd, I hope you're an imposter. You are just becoming embarrassing.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:55 PM   #8
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
Jesus, Arshole. Now you've got me defending Wave. Why use a racist slur when a logical, well thought out argument will ALWAYS defeat Wave's positions? Gawd, I hope you're an imposter. You are just becoming embarrassing.
CuteOldGay, IS "AFRICAN AMERICAN" A RACIST SLUR?.......OR ARE YOU JUST UPSET BECAUSE I THINK YOU'RE BAT-SHIT CRAZY LIKE THE LIBERAL FILTH AND I STARTED CALLING YOU CuteOldGay?..........

ARE YOUR LITTLE FEELINGS HURT?.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWW! !!!
Old 11-21-2011, 01:00 PM   #9
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
Jesus, Arshole. Now you've got me defending Wave.

YOU DEFEND HIM BECAUSE YOU ARE LIKE HIM.....IT'S NOT ENOUGH TO TALK THE TALK.....YOU GOTTA WALK THE WALK.......

SAYING STUPID SHIT LIKE ROMNEY IS AS BAD AS ODUMBO IS RIDICULOUS.......I COULD UNDERSTAND IF YOU SAID YOU'RE GONNA HOLD YOUR NOSE AND VOTE ROMNEY, BUT TO SAY YOU WON'T VOTE FOR EITHER? THAT'S NOT WALKING THE WALK........YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T BELIEVE VERY FIRMLY IN YOUR STATED POSITION.....
Old 11-21-2011, 01:00 PM   #10
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Marshall is back !
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:04 PM   #11
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

jimmy carter returns
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:26 PM   #12
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Thanks COG, for defending me, as if I needed it
Old 11-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #13
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Michelle Obama is depressed. Don't believe she likes her job as FLOTUS anymore except access to private jets, homes and other accoutrements. She also appears tired of defending her husband and pre-election rumors of not loving this country seem to have some truth to them. After her only term as FLOTUS is over, my bet is she will be crabby, condescending and difficult for the Dems and Barack to control.

As far as BHO is concerned, I think he's emptied his limited bag of political tricks. Many have caught on that his speeches are just election speeches and that he has no political clout outside of his party - especially the base.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:22 PM   #14
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
Thanks COG, for defending me, as if I needed it
I hated to do it, Wave, but racist comments offend me more than your liberal hypocrisy.

And it's true. My feelings are very hurt.

How could you be so mean, Arshole?

Actually, coming from a mental midget, and mind controlled knee-jerk conservative like you, I have trouble refraining from raucous laughter at your comments, whether they are directed at me or someone else. All your material is stolen from Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity or one of the other state-controlled conservative "pundits" out there. You even use the same terms. You need to think for yourself, if you are able. You might find it fun.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:17 PM   #15
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
All your material is stolen from Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity .

Don't make me laugh, those are about the only 2 that I switch channels when I see or hear them

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women