Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Arkansas > Coed Discussions
Coed Discussions Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160459
Yssup Rider59884
gman4452912
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47496
pyramider46370
bambino40304
CryptKicker37077
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35292
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 01-04-2013, 01:09 AM   #1
Mr.Chan
Account Disabled

Encounters: 34
Default Moderator Abuse of Power- who polices the police?

A board of this type runs on secrecy. We hide from society, we jealously guard our identity, much happens that is not spoken of. Moderators are both gatekeeper and shepherd. Do they also have a responsibility to see that people are not taken advantage of. Even more importantly should a moderator have privileges that extend to coercion of service for verification? Who does the put upon turn to without fear of retaliation.
What is right? What is wrong?
Old 01-04-2013, 02:00 AM   #2
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Dam it, I will never get back to Kansas.

A mod really has less power than you eeeerrrrr make that should have less power than you and the other members. If there is a mod problem, well there are many way to skin a cat.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:17 AM   #3
Still Looking
BANNED

Encounters: 399
Talking

Everyone makes mistakes. Even mods make mistakes. Do it too often and you get a boot up your butt!

Let's not forget.... if someone calls you an ass don't worry about it! But it 20 people call you an ass.... start shopping for a saddle!

Old 01-04-2013, 04:53 AM   #4
4stater
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

So...how about those Yankees?
Old 01-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #5
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

Mr.Chan tried to bareback me once...
Old 01-04-2013, 06:55 AM   #6
Mr.Chan
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeuр View Post
Mr.Chan tried to bareback me once...
That was your sister, and she was wearing a saddle.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #7
Mr.Chan
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrilling View Post
Dam it, I will never get back to Kansas.

A mod really has less power than you eeeerrrrr make that should have less power than you and the other members. If there is a mod problem, well there are many way to skin a cat.
There is no way to skin a cat the cat will agree to. This thread is merely informational, and any resemblance to any cat living or dead is purely coincidental.
Perhaps to start the discussion, the question might be posed: " Does a moderator have incumbent upon himself a responsibility to be of such character that others could use him as an example? Discuss.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #8
TechOne
Valued Poster

We can all go fishing, now that you have open this can...

I have heard of it, never seen it. I have read of it, never resolved it. I have tried it, never got a second look.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:27 AM   #9
Rockydoc
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

I imagine abuse of power exists when a moderator can assign or reduce points to someone at risk of a ban. In addition, the threat of a bad review could intimidate the new or struggling provider. What benefits could a moderator seek? Extended sessions, free sessions, perhaps hanging out together, while a problem for an individual provider are no threat to the community. Asking or demanding for unsafe practices, such as bareback with a wide variety of ladies could spread disease and threaten the community as a whole. Thus, a bad moderator could be a problem. But who is there to police the police? And would anyone make such accusations, for fear of punishment?
Old 01-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #10
Mr.Chan
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockydoc View Post
I imagine abuse of power exists when a moderator can assign or reduce points to someone at risk of a ban. In addition, the threat of a bad review could intimidate the new or struggling provider. What benefits could a moderator seek? Extended sessions, free sessions, perhaps hanging out together, while a problem for an individual provider are no threat to the community. Asking or demanding for unsafe practices, such as bareback with a wide variety of ladies could spread disease and threaten the community as a whole. Thus, a bad moderator could be a problem. But who is there to police the police? And would anyone make such accusations, for fear of punishment?
Your point is well taken, but is purely speculative of course, because such behavior would rapidly make such an individual persona non grata in a community. Wouldnt providers simply stop seeing them? It would seem to be a self limiting issue although to those taken advantage of the outrage of an injustice unnoticed and with little consequence would feel like a nail through a scrotum.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:37 AM   #11
MoonHowler
Account Disabled

Encounters: 32

Many Providers especially those relatively new are in both awe and fear of the Mods. Mods def get benefits.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:40 AM   #12
Mr.Chan
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonHowler View Post
Most Providers especially those relatively new are in both awe and fear of the Mods. Mods def get benefits.
Awe and fear might not be completely appropriate in the context of benefits. Good will produces benefit. Awe and fear produce extortion. It may be a fine point but some will see it.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #13
MoonHowler
Account Disabled

Encounters: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Chan View Post
Awe and fear might not be completely appropriate in the context of benefits. Good will produces benefit. Awe and fear produce extortion. It may be a fine point but some will see it.
I totally understand you.

Awe and fear are the natural feelings/reactions of someone dealing with another person with much potential power over the course of their life. These feelings are especially natural within a girl who is not completely confident in her capabilities, poise and direction.

And yes, when a person in power shows good will toward someone with dependencies, it is very natural for the person receiving good will to share benefits.

No judgment on my part here, just an observation of the nature of relationships and power in the context of our community.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:53 AM   #14
TechOne
Valued Poster

Oh, the webs we weave...
Old 01-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #15
Guest061415-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

I am reminded of a quote: "Who watches the watchmen?"

With multiple mods for each area of the board, I would assume that bad moderation by one would result in complaints to the others. As Still Looking says above, enough complaints and the moderator community should come together to review. If necessary the offending mod could be "asked to resign"...
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women