Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70406
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59903
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47512
pyramider46370
bambino40308
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Old 09-07-2020, 08:41 AM   #16
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsmokies View Post
So what do that call dems thst vote for putin/trump?? Oh...never mind lol
Real Americans, lol.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 02:32 PM   #17
oeb11
Valued Poster

Poor deluded DPST acolytes
Still cannot understand there is no basis except DPST fake propaganda - to the 'russian collusion narrative.
Yet Not One DPST can give up their fervent beliefs - unless the narrative of the DPST racist marxist party directs them to do so.

doublethink and Groupthink - Orwell created the concepts - are a reality in the DPST party - and a requirement for membership in their brainwashd cohort.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 07:34 PM   #18
Tsmokies
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Still no dems supporting putin/trump? The gop supporting Biden/Harris are in the hundreds. Makes since to real Americans
Tsmokies is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 08:38 PM   #19
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Still no dems supporting putin/trump? The gop supporting Biden/Harris are in the hundreds. Makes since to real Americans
https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/28...heir-protocol/

C-SPAN Had So Many Democrats Calling In Support For Trump That They Had To Change Their Protocol

August 28, 2020 By Jordan Davidson

C-SPAN changed their open phone line labels after an overwhelming number of Democratic viewers called on Wednesday night proclaiming their support for President Donald Trump in the upcoming election.

“I’m a longtime Democrat, born and raised … After watching tonight … I have made up my mind. I am definitely gonna vote for Donald Trump,” said one of the many voters who dialed in.

Before the Republican National Convention, C-SPAN’s open phone lines were labeled as open for “Democrats,” “Republicans,” and “Other” viewers to call into and share their opinions on-air.

After Trump’s acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention, however, C-SPAN received an influx of callers who identified as Democrat but said they would be voting for Trump in November.

Due to the increasing nature of these calls, the network adjusted the phone lines to encompass those who “Support Trump,” “Support Biden,” and “Support Others.”

While polling about the effect Trump’s speech on voters is not out yet, many of the callers who dialed in expressed their frustration with the Democratic Party as well as the Democratic National Convention.

“The DNC—I turned off…they didn’t name any policies; it was just depression … I’m voting for Trump,” one caller stated.

“[President Trump] is fighting for Americans … I used to be a Democrat…I’ve switched completely—I’m now Republican, voting Republican all the way. No more Democrat for me,” another said.

Other callers noted that President Trump and the RNC’s acknowledgment of the riots and violence in Kenosha, Wisconsin is what pushed them over the edge to change their vote.

“I’m from Minnesota, where all these riots and looting and the burning started, and, I mean, not a mention about us last week, about saving our communities, helping our homeless, rebuilding our businesses,” said one woman. “This [Republican] convention, just in the last two nights, has awakened me that there is hope—that there are people that are willing to fight for us.”

“I didn’t vote for Trump, but I am now. Most definitely. The riots going on … is that what we really want? I don’t think so. It’s amazing how the Democrat Party has changed,” she added.
Watch The Federalist Radio Hour Host Ben Domenech and Senior Editor Chris Bedford break down the differences in the two conventions here:

*This article is corrected to show that C-SPAN made the change to their call-in labels Wednesday night instead of Thursday night. While the decision to change the labels occurred on Wednesday, it was not applied until Thursday night.

Jordan Davidson is a staff writer at The Federalist. She graduated from Baylor University where she majored in political science and minored in journalism.

Copyright © 2020 The Federalist, a wholly independent division of FDRLST Media, All Rights Reserved.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 08:46 PM   #20
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

https://nypost.com/2020/02/29/why-th...trump-in-2020/

Why these black New Yorkers are voting for Trump in 2020

By Doree Lewak

February 29, 2020 | 3:37pm | Updated

Four years ago, candidate Donald Trump’s pitch to African Americans heading to voting booths was simple: “What do you have to lose?”

While he captured just 8 percent of the black vote in 2016, recent polls suggest things could be different this time around.

In November, an Emerson poll reported a 34.5 percent approval rating among black voters, and a January Gallup poll reported a 14 percent increase in satisfaction over race relations among Americans.

“We’ve had this wild surge of new testimonials coming in the past few weeks, largely in the black community,” said Brandon Straka, founder of #WalkAway, a social media campaign for disenchanted Democrats leaving the party. “They feel taken for granted, manipulated, and lied to by Democrats. They’re sick of the fearmongering.”

Here, five black New Yorkers — all former Democrats — tell The Post why they’re flipping parties and voting Republican this year.

“I’m sold on his immigration policies”
KYREE DAVIS, 36, STATEN ISLAND

“When Trump announced his candidacy, I thought it was a joke,” said Kyree Davis, who voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016. “I said, ‘Hopefully, he’s not the racist, bigoted a–hole he portrays on TV.’

“At first, I was scared, because of the way he talks, that we’d go to war immediately. I was afraid he’d run the country as a cold business,” said the Staten Islander, who works in high-end retail sales. “But those fears were not realized.”

He started to support Trump after the president’s first year in office, mainly due to immigration policies. “It’s why I got behind him. It’s one of the biggest issues facing America today. And I noticed the tax cut. We all got more money in our paychecks — it’s not just for the rich,” said Davis, who disagrees with some of Trump’s foreign policy positions, particularly with Saudi Arabia and Israel.

Still, Davis, who is gay, said he pays a social premium for supporting Trump. “I’ve been called Uncle Tom, Uncle Ruckus [a character from the ‘Boondocks’ comic strip], traitor, house Negro, Oreo — white on the inside,” he said. “Literally everything but a proud black man.”

So far, he’s been too nervous to wear a Make America Great Again cap in New York City, but that may change: “I just saw a black guy wearing a MAGA knit skullcap on the subway. I thought maybe I should, too.”

“I’m doing very well financially”
QUAN LANAE GREEN, 35, POUGHKEEPSIE

Quan Lanae Green almost voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016. But the married mother of three ended up sitting out the election.

“In the end, I was torn. She was a woman and I wanted to support another woman, but it didn’t feel right to vote solely on that,” said Green, who was raised a diehard Democrat.

But over the past couple of years, she’s broken from her family.

“Democrats are a bunch of hypocrites and really take advantage of the African American vote. Democratic politicians [think they] don’t have to work hard for the black vote. They take [it] for granted,” said the Poughkeepsie resident, who is a self-employed life coach.

“In Poughkeepsie, I’ve seen a bunch of promises to the black community that haven’t been fulfilled,” she said, citing a parade of Democratic leaders who promised more community centers, more money for schools and to rebuild parks.

“They haven’t done anything like that,” Green added. “They’ve built new jails in the community.”

Meanwhile, she said, her life has improved under Trump.

“I’ve been doing very well financially,” said Green who invests in real estate and the stock market. “Since Trump’s been in office, my stocks have increased exponentially.”

But she would like to change one thing about the president: “I wish he were more socially adept — he’s made a lot of enemies.”

“The costs for my mom’s medications have dropped”
MIKE REYES, 32, HUDSON HEIGHTS

Mike Reyes gave up love for Trump.

In 2018, his girlfriend broke up with him after he declared his support for the president. “She didn’t like my views,” said Reyes, who works in healthcare technology.

“I became a Republican after Trump won,” he added, ticking off the things that swayed him: the president’s position on prison reform and creating the First Step Act, which helps nonviolent offenders get early releases. Reyes’ Dominican-born father was incarcerated on drug offenses in the ’90s and deported from the US. “This act helps [ex-convicts] become better citizens,” he said.

Reyes, who voted for Barack Obama but sat out the 2016 election, is also enthusiastic about job-creation numbers and a declining consumer price index for prescription drugs.

“My mom has diabetes and hypertension. The costs for her medications have dropped,” said the Hudson Heights resident. “If Trump weren’t here, she’d be paying a lot more.”

In January, Reyes — who in 2014 worked as an assistant campaign manager for a Democratic congressional candidate — become co-chairman of the new Harlem Republican Club. He wants to provide a safe space for black New Yorkers to come out as Republicans. “You can be a Republican who supports gay rights as well,” he said.

If he has one complaint about Trump, it’s the Twitter tirades. “Take it easy,” Reyes advised.

When Reyes worked on the Democratic congressional campaign, he recalled telling a white co-worker that he wanted to work in private equity. That person told Reyes he would be more successful and paid better if he were white.

“He basically said, ‘The system is rigged against you because you’re a minority,’ ” Reyes said, who feels that attitude is problematic.

“Democrats want you to be the victim,” he said. “Republicans don’t look at my skin color.”

“He will fight human trafficking”
DIAMOND GIBSON, 24, FOREST HILLS

“I didn’t like Trump at first. I was listening to people saying he was racist, that he was taking away food stamps,” said Diamond Gibson, who didn’t vote in 2016. “But I did my own research, and it isn’t true. OK??”

Gibson, who moved to Forest Hills, Queens, from Atlanta four years ago, warmed to Trump when he signed a 2017 executive order that works to dismantle international trafficking.

“Cracking down on human trafficking is important to me,” said Gibson, who is currently unemployed.

Once she came out as a Trump supporter, the blowback was immediate. The 24-year-old recalled how a relative “told me, ‘Go kill yourself’ while we were discussing Trump’s immigration policy.”

But that hasn’t stopped Gibson, who studied business administration at New York’s ASA College for a few semesters. Last summer, she interned for North Carolina Congressman Ted Budd, a Republican, and hopes to enroll in law school after she pays down her student loan debt.

That said, Gibson is no fan of Bernie Sanders’ proposal to cancel student loan debt. “If I borrow money, I know I have to pay it back,” she said.

“I’ve felt canceled by Democrats”

SHALAH COLLINS, 39, LYNDHURST, NJ

“The left talks about inclusivity. But they’re hypocrites,” said Shalah Collins. “I’ve felt canceled and shoved to the side.”

In 2016, she was a Bernie Sanders supporter and believes the Democratic National Committee effectively rigged the nomination against him. “His nomination was given to Hillary Clinton. It was unfair and fixed,” she said.

The Lyndhurst, NJ, resident ended up voting for Jill Stein. This year, Collins said, she’ll vote for Trump.

That’s in big part because in 2018, Collins, who worked in the NYPD Communications Division for a decade, became a self-employed finance professional. Being a business owner changed her thinking and priorities.

Over the past few years, the single mom has appreciated the “historically low tax environment.”

“For those who are self-employed, they can put away a lot more money for retirement,” she said.

And even if Sanders wins the Democratic nomination, Collins won’t support him again. “Bernie’s appeal to me was as a populist, but he’s also an insider — a longtime politician — whereas Trump is an outsider. I believe in Trump’s message of putting the country first and his economic policies. I don’t want to pay more taxes.”
Old 09-07-2020, 08:59 PM   #21
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/28...heir-protocol/

C-SPAN Had So Many Democrats Calling In Support For Trump That They Had To Change Their Protocol

August 28, 2020 By Jordan Davidson

C-SPAN changed their open phone line labels after an overwhelming number of Democratic viewers called on Wednesday night proclaiming their support for President Donald Trump in the upcoming election.

“I’m a longtime Democrat, born and raised … After watching tonight … I have made up my mind. I am definitely gonna vote for Donald Trump,” said one of the many voters who dialed in.

Before the Republican National Convention, C-SPAN’s open phone lines were labeled as open for “Democrats,” “Republicans,” and “Other” viewers to call into and share their opinions on-air.

After Trump’s acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention, however, C-SPAN received an influx of callers who identified as Democrat but said they would be voting for Trump in November.

Due to the increasing nature of these calls, the network adjusted the phone lines to encompass those who “Support Trump,” “Support Biden,” and “Support Others.”

While polling about the effect Trump’s speech on voters is not out yet, many of the callers who dialed in expressed their frustration with the Democratic Party as well as the Democratic National Convention.

“The DNC—I turned off…they didn’t name any policies; it was just depression … I’m voting for Trump,” one caller stated.

“[President Trump] is fighting for Americans … I used to be a Democrat…I’ve switched completely—I’m now Republican, voting Republican all the way. No more Democrat for me,” another said.

Other callers noted that President Trump and the RNC’s acknowledgment of the riots and violence in Kenosha, Wisconsin is what pushed them over the edge to change their vote.

“I’m from Minnesota, where all these riots and looting and the burning started, and, I mean, not a mention about us last week, about saving our communities, helping our homeless, rebuilding our businesses,” said one woman. “This [Republican] convention, just in the last two nights, has awakened me that there is hope—that there are people that are willing to fight for us.”

“I didn’t vote for Trump, but I am now. Most definitely. The riots going on … is that what we really want? I don’t think so. It’s amazing how the Democrat Party has changed,” she added.
Watch The Federalist Radio Hour Host Ben Domenech and Senior Editor Chris Bedford break down the differences in the two conventions here:

*This article is corrected to show that C-SPAN made the change to their call-in labels Wednesday night instead of Thursday night. While the decision to change the labels occurred on Wednesday, it was not applied until Thursday night.

Jordan Davidson is a staff writer at The Federalist. She graduated from Baylor University where she majored in political science and minored in journalism.

Copyright © 2020 The Federalist, a wholly independent division of FDRLST Media, All Rights Reserved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
https://nypost.com/2020/02/29/why-th...trump-in-2020/

Why these black New Yorkers are voting for Trump in 2020

By Doree Lewak

February 29, 2020 | 3:37pm | Updated

Four years ago, candidate Donald Trump’s pitch to African Americans heading to voting booths was simple: “What do you have to lose?”

While he captured just 8 percent of the black vote in 2016, recent polls suggest things could be different this time around.

In November, an Emerson poll reported a 34.5 percent approval rating among black voters, and a January Gallup poll reported a 14 percent increase in satisfaction over race relations among Americans.

“We’ve had this wild surge of new testimonials coming in the past few weeks, largely in the black community,” said Brandon Straka, founder of #WalkAway, a social media campaign for disenchanted Democrats leaving the party. “They feel taken for granted, manipulated, and lied to by Democrats. They’re sick of the fearmongering.”

Here, five black New Yorkers — all former Democrats — tell The Post why they’re flipping parties and voting Republican this year.

“I’m sold on his immigration policies”
KYREE DAVIS, 36, STATEN ISLAND

“When Trump announced his candidacy, I thought it was a joke,” said Kyree Davis, who voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016. “I said, ‘Hopefully, he’s not the racist, bigoted a–hole he portrays on TV.’

“At first, I was scared, because of the way he talks, that we’d go to war immediately. I was afraid he’d run the country as a cold business,” said the Staten Islander, who works in high-end retail sales. “But those fears were not realized.”

He started to support Trump after the president’s first year in office, mainly due to immigration policies. “It’s why I got behind him. It’s one of the biggest issues facing America today. And I noticed the tax cut. We all got more money in our paychecks — it’s not just for the rich,” said Davis, who disagrees with some of Trump’s foreign policy positions, particularly with Saudi Arabia and Israel.

Still, Davis, who is gay, said he pays a social premium for supporting Trump. “I’ve been called Uncle Tom, Uncle Ruckus [a character from the ‘Boondocks’ comic strip], traitor, house Negro, Oreo — white on the inside,” he said. “Literally everything but a proud black man.”

So far, he’s been too nervous to wear a Make America Great Again cap in New York City, but that may change: “I just saw a black guy wearing a MAGA knit skullcap on the subway. I thought maybe I should, too.”

“I’m doing very well financially”
QUAN LANAE GREEN, 35, POUGHKEEPSIE

Quan Lanae Green almost voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016. But the married mother of three ended up sitting out the election.

“In the end, I was torn. She was a woman and I wanted to support another woman, but it didn’t feel right to vote solely on that,” said Green, who was raised a diehard Democrat.

But over the past couple of years, she’s broken from her family.

“Democrats are a bunch of hypocrites and really take advantage of the African American vote. Democratic politicians [think they] don’t have to work hard for the black vote. They take [it] for granted,” said the Poughkeepsie resident, who is a self-employed life coach.

“In Poughkeepsie, I’ve seen a bunch of promises to the black community that haven’t been fulfilled,” she said, citing a parade of Democratic leaders who promised more community centers, more money for schools and to rebuild parks.

“They haven’t done anything like that,” Green added. “They’ve built new jails in the community.”

Meanwhile, she said, her life has improved under Trump.

“I’ve been doing very well financially,” said Green who invests in real estate and the stock market. “Since Trump’s been in office, my stocks have increased exponentially.”

But she would like to change one thing about the president: “I wish he were more socially adept — he’s made a lot of enemies.”

“The costs for my mom’s medications have dropped”
MIKE REYES, 32, HUDSON HEIGHTS

Mike Reyes gave up love for Trump.

In 2018, his girlfriend broke up with him after he declared his support for the president. “She didn’t like my views,” said Reyes, who works in healthcare technology.

“I became a Republican after Trump won,” he added, ticking off the things that swayed him: the president’s position on prison reform and creating the First Step Act, which helps nonviolent offenders get early releases. Reyes’ Dominican-born father was incarcerated on drug offenses in the ’90s and deported from the US. “This act helps [ex-convicts] become better citizens,” he said.

Reyes, who voted for Barack Obama but sat out the 2016 election, is also enthusiastic about job-creation numbers and a declining consumer price index for prescription drugs.

“My mom has diabetes and hypertension. The costs for her medications have dropped,” said the Hudson Heights resident. “If Trump weren’t here, she’d be paying a lot more.”

In January, Reyes — who in 2014 worked as an assistant campaign manager for a Democratic congressional candidate — become co-chairman of the new Harlem Republican Club. He wants to provide a safe space for black New Yorkers to come out as Republicans. “You can be a Republican who supports gay rights as well,” he said.

If he has one complaint about Trump, it’s the Twitter tirades. “Take it easy,” Reyes advised.

When Reyes worked on the Democratic congressional campaign, he recalled telling a white co-worker that he wanted to work in private equity. That person told Reyes he would be more successful and paid better if he were white.

“He basically said, ‘The system is rigged against you because you’re a minority,’ ” Reyes said, who feels that attitude is problematic.

“Democrats want you to be the victim,” he said. “Republicans don’t look at my skin color.”

“He will fight human trafficking”
DIAMOND GIBSON, 24, FOREST HILLS

“I didn’t like Trump at first. I was listening to people saying he was racist, that he was taking away food stamps,” said Diamond Gibson, who didn’t vote in 2016. “But I did my own research, and it isn’t true. OK??”

Gibson, who moved to Forest Hills, Queens, from Atlanta four years ago, warmed to Trump when he signed a 2017 executive order that works to dismantle international trafficking.

“Cracking down on human trafficking is important to me,” said Gibson, who is currently unemployed.

Once she came out as a Trump supporter, the blowback was immediate. The 24-year-old recalled how a relative “told me, ‘Go kill yourself’ while we were discussing Trump’s immigration policy.”

But that hasn’t stopped Gibson, who studied business administration at New York’s ASA College for a few semesters. Last summer, she interned for North Carolina Congressman Ted Budd, a Republican, and hopes to enroll in law school after she pays down her student loan debt.

That said, Gibson is no fan of Bernie Sanders’ proposal to cancel student loan debt. “If I borrow money, I know I have to pay it back,” she said.

“I’ve felt canceled by Democrats”

SHALAH COLLINS, 39, LYNDHURST, NJ

“The left talks about inclusivity. But they’re hypocrites,” said Shalah Collins. “I’ve felt canceled and shoved to the side.”

In 2016, she was a Bernie Sanders supporter and believes the Democratic National Committee effectively rigged the nomination against him. “His nomination was given to Hillary Clinton. It was unfair and fixed,” she said.

The Lyndhurst, NJ, resident ended up voting for Jill Stein. This year, Collins said, she’ll vote for Trump.

That’s in big part because in 2018, Collins, who worked in the NYPD Communications Division for a decade, became a self-employed finance professional. Being a business owner changed her thinking and priorities.

Over the past few years, the single mom has appreciated the “historically low tax environment.”

“For those who are self-employed, they can put away a lot more money for retirement,” she said.

And even if Sanders wins the Democratic nomination, Collins won’t support him again. “Bernie’s appeal to me was as a populist, but he’s also an insider — a longtime politician — whereas Trump is an outsider. I believe in Trump’s message of putting the country first and his economic policies. I don’t want to pay more taxes.”

i think we've found the real "woke" blacks!

BAHHAAAAHAAAAAAA

The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 09:06 PM   #22
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...acklash-report

Donald Trump Published April 22

Democratic Georgia rep who endorsed Trump resigns after backlash: report

By Tyler Olson | Fox News

Georgia Democratic state Rep. Vernon Jones announced Tuesday he is resigning from his seat after last week endorsing President Trump's reelection -- a move that quickly earned him backlash from Georgia Democrats.

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Jones told The Rashad Richey Morning Show, a talk show in Atlanta, that despite his resignation he would not be leaving the Democratic Party because "somebody's got to be in there to hold them accountable -- hold them accountable to how they are treating black people [and] root out the bigotry."

"Turn the lights off, I have left the plantation," Jones said in a separate statement officially announcing his resignation, according to the Journal-Constitution. "Someone else can occupy that suite. Therefore, I intend not to complete my term effective April 22, 2020."

State Sen. Nikema Williams, chairwoman of the state Democratic Party, issued a statement soon after Jones' endorsement of Trump calling Jones an “embarrassment,” adding, he “does not stand for our values.”

Jones' Atlanta-area district includes parts of DeKalb and Rockdale counties. Democratic parties in both counties planned to censure Jones for the Trump endorsement, according to the Journal-Constitution. Jones, after his original endorsement, told the paper that "President Trump’s handling of the economy, his support for historically black colleges and his criminal justice initiatives drew me to endorse his campaign."

Jones seemed to foreshadow this Tuesday resignation in a Monday night tweet.

"I’ve seen more Democrats attack me for my decision to endorse @realdonaldtrump than ask me why," he said. "They’ve used and abused folks in my community for far too long, taking our votes for granted. Black Americans are waking up. An uprising is near."

After announcing his resignation, Jones fired off a handful of combative tweets touting Trump and attacking Democrats.

"I don't care what the Democrat Party does to me," Jones said in one tweet, apparently quoting himself on The Rashad Richey Morning Show. "What are they going to do? Spank me?"

He continued: "More African-Americans, prior to this pandemic, were working more than any other time in my lifetime."

In a final tweet, Jones said that "[t]he left hates me because they can't control me. They can stay mad."

Jones also will not be seeking reelection, his spokesman told the Journal-Constitution. Jones has a long history in Georgia politics, according to the paper, including time as the DeKalb County chief executive. During that time he was accused of rape -- he claimed the act was consensual and no charges were filed -- and was later investigated by a grand jury for alleged corruption. The grand jury could not find evidence to prove a crime.

He's also run for congressional office.

"I intend to help the Democrat Party get rid of its bigotry against Black people that are independent and conservative,” Jones said in the statement announcing his resignation, according to the Journal-Constitution. “I endorsed the White guy (Donald J. Trump) that let Blacks out of jail, and they endorsed the White guy (Joe Biden) that put Blacks in jail."

Fox News' Dom Calicchio and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Tyler Olson covers politics for FoxNews.com. You can contact him at tyler.olson@foxnews.com and follow him on Twitter at @TylerOlson1791.
Old 09-07-2020, 09:12 PM   #23
Tsmokies
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Say what??? You guys keep on trying lol
Tsmokies is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 09:15 PM   #24
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...392_story.html

Trump’s Black supporters bring attacks from the Internet to convention prime time, in answer to diverse Democratic ticket

By Isaac Stanley-Becker
August 25, 2020 at 10:57 p.m. CDT

On Monday, former football great Herschel Walker rhapsodized about how Donald Trump had once accompanied his family to Disney World, while Sen. Tim Scott, the lone Black Republican in the Senate, lauded Trump for creating an “inclusive economy.” On Tuesday, Trump used the spotlight of the Republican National Convention to pardon Jon Ponder, a Black man who served a five-year prison sentence for bank robbery and now runs a nonprofit helping former prisoners reenter society.

Black advocates for President Trump appearing at the Republican convention this week sought to soften the image of a man whom, polls show, many Americans consider a racist.

But there was also Georgia state Rep. Vernon Jones, a Black Democrat who noted that “all hell broke loose” when he endorsed Trump this year.

“The Democratic Party does not want Black people to leave their mental plantation,” Jones said Monday.

His words stood out, offering a rare onstage link to an alternate online universe that has been the hub for much of the energy behind efforts by Black conservatives to boost Trump. In that world, far from the speeches presented on national television this week, Black influencers who have built their brands on their controversial support for Trump are using extreme tactics to tear down the president’s Black critics.

The language used by Jones — likening African Americans held in chattel slavery to present-day Black voters — borrows from the rhetoric of prominent Black conservatives, including Herman Cain, the late former presidential candidate and Trump champion who spoke of leaving the “Democratic plantation.” But the term has been popularized in large part by Candace Owens, a conspiracy theorist and former communications director for the conservative youth organization Turning Point USA. Owens has more than 4 million followers on Facebook — more than many mainstream media organizations.

The rhetoric online has grown more explicit since Joe Biden tapped Sen. Kamala D. Harris as his running mate, making the Democrat from California the first Black woman and first Asian American to ascend to a major party’s presidential ticket.

Kimberly Klacik, a Black Republican whose viral video attacking Democratic management of cities helped vault her to a speaking spot on the convention’s opening night, has disparaged Harris as “mediocre,” suggesting she is a “prop” chosen simply for her “look.” Owens has argued falsely that Harris’s Indian heritage negates her Black identity. Lynnette Hardaway and Rochelle Richardson, sisters and video bloggers better known as Diamond and Silk, have attacked Harris for marrying a White man and embracing his children as kin — a meme spreading not just in right-wing echo chambers but also among some Black nationalists active on social media.

All are followed by Jones, the Georgia lawmaker, on Twitter — among just 127 accounts he follows. Diamond and Silk’s account is one of just 50 followed by Trump.

“It is because of the huge platform on social media enjoyed by someone like Candace Owens that these attacks, from denying the Blackness of Kamala Harris to suggesting anyone voting for the Democratic ticket is enslaved in some way, have been introduced to a national audience,” said Tyler D. Parry, a professor of African American history at the University of Nevada at Las Vegas. “These ideas have never been more popular among a certain segment of the Republican Party than they are now.”

Fueled online

The political combat shows how the diversity of the Black community and the debates within it about what signifies Black identity in America are being weaponized by Trump and his associates. Last year, Donald Trump Jr. amplified criticism of Harris arising from a small movement on the left holding that Harris’s roots in Jamaica and India mean she is not connected to the history of Black people whose ancestors were enslaved in the United States.

He later deleted the tweet. But some of the president’s most vocal Black supporters have been unwavering in their criticism. David J. Harris Jr., a pro-Trump commentator and founder of a health supplement company, argued on his blog that the president was right to lend credence to a racist conspiracy theory about the senator’s citizenship.

The online onslaught — when it comes from Black voices and plays on genuine disagreements among voters of color about issues of identity and authenticity — “positions misinformation and hate” as a legitimate critique of the Democratic Party, said Andre Banks, a co-founder of Win Black/Pa’lante, a group combating disinformation targeting Black and Latino communities. “No White person,” Banks said, could deliver similar anti-Black broadsides without “experiencing harmful side effects.”

The meme attacking Harris for marrying a White man spread not just in far-right corners of Facebook but also on the anti-
establishment fringes, in groups with thousands of members devoted to highlighting topics dismissed by the mainstream media. One particular image of Harris and her husband — paired with the text, “Never trust the opinions of a black woman on black issues who has invested her future with a White man” — circulated widely in groups devoted to black nationalism and the Nation of Islam.

The harsh judgments about Harris, delivered online and at Trump’s nominating convention, are at least partially intended to help blunt her appeal among Black voters already unlikely to vote for Democrats, said experts in digital communication. The messaging is more likely to sow cynicism, causing voters of color to withdraw from the political process, said Ashley Bryant, also of Win Black/Pa’lante.

The approach may be most powerful, however, in the cover it gives to White voters who harbor anti-Black sentiments, said Michael Steele, a former chairman of the Republican National Committee, who estimated that the following enjoyed by these pro-Trump Black commentators was “almost 100 percent White.”

“White people try to get comfort in that space all the time — push the Black person out there and have them say what we really feel,” said Steele, who is Black. “Therefore it’s less racist because it’s a Black person saying it about another Black person. It’s still stupid racism.”

Black surrogates and members of the president’s staff, as well as pro-Trump lawmakers and congressional candidates, have prominent speaking spots at this week’s convention, a week after Democrats made their embrace of pluralism a centerpiece of their ceremonies. Alongside these figures Monday were Patricia and Mark McCloskey, the White couple who brandished guns at Black Lives Matter protesters outside their home in St. Louis.

Harris’s family and personal identity are not appropriate grounds for critique, said other members of Black Voices for Trump. The initiative has 31 members, from media personalities to faith leaders to a state legislator, and five co-chairs. Cain, who died last month after testing positive for the novel coronavirus, is listed as a posthumous chairman.

State Rep. James White, the only Black Republican in the Texas legislature, said he was more concerned about Harris’s record as a prosecutor than he was about her private life, though he added of the move by others to lob personal insults, “We respect people’s First Amendment rights.”

Cheryl Allen, a former Pennsylvania judge featured on Tuesday, said she believed Trump was committed to civil dialogue. “He really won me over,” she said.

'Flaming and incivility'

Neither Hardaway and Richardson nor Owens have speaking roles this week. But the platform they enjoy, and their ability to shape reactions to the quadrennial political event, is unlikely to be diminished by their exclusion from the formalities of the nominating convention.

Their bare-knuckled tactics, boosting conspiracy theories central to Trump’s political movement, have secured them massive followings. All three women have been hosted at the White House. Each has testified before Congress.

In addition to the influence she exercises on her own page, a slew of Facebook groups are devoted to Owens, reposting her commentary and sharing news in line with her worldview. An administrator of one group — whose profile picture showed a White man on a motorcycle — did not respond to questions about his support for the online commentator or reasons for participating in the group, titled “Candace Owens for POTUS 2024.” But echoing Trump’s rhetoric, he called a Washington Post reporter an “enemy of the people.”

Owens, who once blogged critically of the “crazy antics of the Republican Tea Party,” found support from far-right figures when she became embroiled in a controversy over “doxing” in 2016 and blamed the episode on the left. “I became a conservative overnight,” she said in 2017. “I realized that liberals were actually the racists.”

Hardaway and Richardson were registered Democrats in 2012 but saw their YouTube channel gain traction in 2015 after they switched to Trump-friendly commentary.

“They’ve become very famous and very rich,” Trump said at a campaign appearance with the sisters in December 2015.

One cycle later, they are national co-chairs of Black Voices for Trump, a coalition sponsored by his reelection campaign. “I love Diamond & Silk, and so do millions of people!” the president tweeted this spring, after Fox Nation stopped licensing their content. The pair had repeatedly spread misinformation about the coronavirus.

Trump has retweeted Owens, who likens Black Democrats to enslaved African Americans in referring to the “Democratic Plantation,” seven times this year.

Neither Owens nor Hardaway and Richardson responded to requests for comment. A spokesman for the Trump campaign also did not respond to a question about whether the president agreed with the criticism leveled by his supporters. Harris’s press secretary, Sabrina Singh, pointed to a recent interview in which the senator said she was anticipating “dirty tactics” as part of a “knockdown, drag-out” campaign, adding, “We’re ready.”

The approach reflects the mainstreaming of “trolling, flaming and incivility” under Trump, said Deen Freelon, a professor at the University of North Carolina whose research addresses racial identity and online speech. “It’s a business model,” he said.

“Rather than being nameless nobodies at the bottom of a newspaper comment section, these are people with a name who are willing to build their reputations on being quite ugly in their rhetoric,” Freelon added. “You could call it a celebrity troll. Donald Trump seems to fit that definition, and I think his surrogates do, as well.”

The rewards these commentators reap for spreading anti-Black attacks while acting as ambassadors of Trump’s campaign to Black voters show how sharply Trump has polarized the country along racial lines, experts said. Registered Black voters favor Biden to Trump by a margin of 87 percentage points, according to a Post-Ipsos poll conducted in June. The former vice president gave impolitic expression to his lopsided support in the Black community when he quipped to a Black radio host that if a Black person did not support him, “you ain’t Black.”

He quickly backtracked, saying he had been “much too cavalier.” At last week’s convention, he pointed to Harris as an emblem of the country’s diversifying electorate.

“Her story is the American story,” he said.

The inclination of some Black conservatives to reach for attacks reflects the abusive language to which they have been subject for their political views, said Marie Stroughter, another member of Black Voices for Trump and the digital director for Allen West, the former Florida congressman who is now chairman of the Texas Republican Party.

“You have to realize that a lot of what conservatives say is steeped in some of the attacks that we have received,” Stroughter said. “We have been called Uncle Toms and words that I, as a Christian, will not say.”

Isaac Stanley-Becker is a national political reporter. Follow
Old 09-07-2020, 09:17 PM   #25
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Say what??? You guys keep on trying lol

keep thinking Biden is gonna win

BAHHHAAHAAAA
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:59 AM   #26
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

deep state , swamper s wanta keep there jobs """" Money for nothing ""
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 08:01 AM   #27
HoeHummer
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdutchman View Post
deep state , swamper s wanta keep there jobs """" Money for nothing ""
Deep state conspiracy isn’t about money, Lexsy.

Get your dog whistles straight, man! Yous are fucking embarrassing.
HoeHummer is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 08:45 AM   #28
oeb11
Valued Poster

Thank you - hh/YR and ts - Master troll Baiters with not a cosntructive thought available to you due to your blind adherence to racist marxist DPST narrative.

Rep Vernon Jones is correct - the DPST plantation serves to keep black peoples enslaved to the DPST party.

People are waking up - and not as 'woke idiots".

Racist DPST's cannot comprehend that all people have their own opinions and thought processes - and won['t blindly walk the DPST path to more Plantation slavery and marxist totalitarianism.

DF - thank you for your contribution!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:54 AM   #29
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

DPST selective memory/ deflection/ I wanta believe / Russia /Russia / Russia
I don't know but there may be a theme ,,,,,,,,, No thinking --- Thinking is Hard
Oh and its ALWAYS about money
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:18 AM   #30
HoeHummer
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdutchman View Post
DPST selective memory/ deflection/ I wanta believe / Russia /Russia / Russia
I don't know but there may be a theme ,,,,,,,,, No thinking --- Thinking is Hard
Oh and its ALWAYS about money
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Hbq04fNoA...+CARROTS+8.png

HoeHummer is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women