Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160460
Yssup Rider59891
gman4452915
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47500
pyramider46370
bambino40306
CryptKicker37077
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35300
Mojojo33117

Old 06-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #16
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
That's assuming that Obama didn't have it blown so he wouldn't have to follow thru on his promise to open up drilling.
Cool! Now i can say here that Bush allowed 9/11 to happen and not feel silly.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:27 AM   #17
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Nationalizing the company won't help anything. However, i think we need some sort of equivalent of capital punishment for gross and repeated corporate malfeasance. BP may be a candidate, although it's too early to tell on this accident. But their conduct in the Texas City explosion was absolutely horrific. Johns Manville is another company that deserved it (and more or less got it, at least up until the point they declared bankruptcy).

But at some point, the government, by whose forebarance corporations are allowed to exist and gives them their limited liability status, needs to take stock of grave and repetitive corporate misbehavior and make a fundamental decision on whether the corporation deserved to continue to exist as an entity. Have a mandatory dissolution with corporate officers entitled to no compensation for their stock.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:17 AM   #18
Guest112113-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

It amazes me just how non-educated the general public is of the energy sector. Noticed I said Energy and not Petroleum or Oil Company?
Guest112113-3 is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:17 AM   #19
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Quote:
BP may be responsible for part of the problem but the government inspectors, under God knows how many administrations, including Saint Obama, bear great responsibility also.

That's assuming that Obama didn't have it blown so he wouldn't have to follow thru on his promise to open up drilling.
Or maybe it was a contingency of right wing nuts, led by Glenn Beck, who blew it up it up to frame Obama so they might have fodder to feed their zombie followers.
Sa_artman is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #20
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
I expected the anti-Obama rhetoric given the political bent of most of the posters on this board.
Irrespective of the "political bent" of most of the posters in this forum, whatever it may be, don't you think the "anti-Obama rhetoric" might have just a little bit to do with the fact that he's trying to cram through the most anti-growth economic agenda in many decades -- and that more and more people are beginning to realize that?

And, yes, people on both sides of the political divide seem to strongly agree that nationalizing BP would be a disastrous idea.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #21
John Bull
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa_artman View Post
Or maybe it was a contingency of right wing nuts, led by Glenn Beck, who blew it up it up to frame Obama so they might have fodder to feed their zombie followers.
And I suppose it was all W's fault too.
John Bull is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:03 AM   #22
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Quote:
No. It was the dictator with the hidden weapons of mass destruction.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:38 AM   #23
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody of TX View Post
It amazes me just how non-educated the general public is of the energy sector. Noticed I said Energy and not Petroleum or Oil Company?
Damn Wood-row......that can be said of any subject except bitching, the general population are all experts on that one!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:04 PM   #24
Guest032213-02
Account Disabled

Encounters: 27

I thought you were talking about the nationalizing of the Back Page personals section. Quite an odd thing to nationalize!
Guest032213-02 is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:11 PM   #25
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn5inThick View Post
I thought you were talking about the nationalizing of the Back Page personals section. Quite an odd thing to nationalize!
Actually with all the LE on BPage nowadays, I think it's already federally supported.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:30 PM   #26
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Actually with all the LE on BPage nowadays, I think it's already federally supported.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:38 PM   #27
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
No. It was the dictator with the hidden weapons of mass destruction.
Hilarious! And I love you jammin' kitten avatar.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:13 PM   #28
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
Since, you asked, everything is and will be for eternity
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:58 PM   #29
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Irrespective of the "political bent" of most of the posters in this forum, whatever it may be, don't you think the "anti-Obama rhetoric" might have just a little bit to do with the fact that he's trying to cram through the most anti-growth economic agenda in many decades -- and that more and more people are beginning to realize that?
Ah. So the birthers are motivated by what they believe to be anti growth economic policy. Gotcha.

Quote:
And, yes, people on both sides of the political divide seem to strongly agree that nationalizing BP would be a disastrous idea.
Really? It seems most people i've heard seem to think it would be pointless, which is a far cry from disastrous. And even the people who claim it would be disastrous haven't really done a very good job of explaining just how it would be disastrous. So while i agree that most people don't think it's a very good idea, myself included, i suspect that would change if Obama ever stated that he thinks it's not a very good idea.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:12 PM   #30
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Ah. So the birthers are motivated by what they believe to be anti growth economic policy. Gotcha.
Huh??

What the hell does whatever the "birthers" think have to do with the fact that Obama is intent on cramming through a manifestly anti-growth agenda?

It's generally a good idea to read and understand a post before tossing non sequiturs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Really? It seems most people i've heard seem to think it would be pointless, which is a far cry from disastrous. And even the people who claim it would be disastrous haven't really done a very good job of explaining just how it would be disastrous. So while i agree that most people don't think it's a very good idea, myself included, i suspect that would change if Obama ever stated that he thinks it's not a very good idea.
I think most people on the left of the political divide (except for those on the far, far loony left) think nationalization would be far worse than simply "pointless." YOMV (and apparently does).
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women