Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 12-11-2018, 12:26 PM   #61
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Where are the Putin indictments? For two years all we heard is "Putin/Trump". In order to have collusion you've got two have two people. Where are the Putin indictments?
They are right next to the Whitewater indictments!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:28 PM   #62
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Trump has paid other women on prior occasions to keep the peace -- meaning, Stormy Daniels was no special occasion.

Who are all these other women and just how much was the payout?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:31 PM   #63
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
None of that changes the fact that prosecutors couldn't convict ex-Senator John R. Edwards in a far more evident case.

The Prosecution of John Edwards Versus the Case Against Trump
Cohen’s statements in court this week, if true, establish that Trump was personally involved in multiple violations of federal law and also severely undermine the viability of what I’ll call the “Edwards defense,” which Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani has already publicly asserted on Trump’s behalf.
Federal prosecutors charged 2008 Democratic Presidential candidate John Edwards for allegedly orchestrating nearly $1 million in payments by two wealthy Edwards supporters to hide his pregnant mistress, Rielle Hunter, from public view in the latter half of 2007. The Department of Justice argued that the payments to his mistress Hunter constituted illegally large and unreported in-kind contributions to the Edwards campaign. Sound familiar? Edwards argued that the purpose of the payments was to hide his affair from his wife who was battling cancer at the time, not to hide his affair from voters. In other words, Edwards claimed the reason for the payments was personal and not political.
Some commentators claim Edwards was vindicated, and that his case shows that his alleged activities would not amount to a crime. That’s wrong. The jury was unable to reach a unanimous conclusion on five of six counts Edwards faced, and acquitted him on a count related to a payment made after he had dropped out of the presidential race. The law is still a strong one that regulates all federal elections. The failure of Edwards’ prosecution boils down to weaknesses in some of the claims the government made and evidence against him.
Indeed, Common Cause has alleged very similar violations of law by Trump in our DOJ and FEC complaints. Specifically, we allege that Trump violated federal law by receiving illegal contributions from Cohen and AMI in the form of payments made to McDougal and Daniels, and by failing to report these contributions to the FEC.
These campaign finance laws apply only to payments made “for the purpose of influencing an election,” a phrase that’s critical to the statutory definitions of “contribution” and “expenditure.” Several factual distinctions make the case against Trump stronger than was the case against Edwards, specifically with respect to any asserted “personal not political” defense.

3. Timing of the Payments and the Affairs
Third, the payments to Hunter on behalf of Edwards were made contemporaneously to the affair and the pregnancy—timing that arguably makes sense if the true purpose was to keep knowledge of the affair from Edwards’ wife. By contrast, the payments to both McDougal and Clifford were made a decade after the alleged affairs—timing that doesn’t make much sense if the purpose was to keep knowledge of the affairs from Mrs. Trump, but makes a lot of sense (combined with the proximity to the election) if the purpose was to keep the information from voters in order to influence the election.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:41 PM   #64
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
The Prosecution of John Edwards Versus the Case Against Trump
Cohen’s statements in court this week, if true, establish that Trump was personally involved in multiple violations of federal law and also severely undermine the viability of what I’ll call the “Edwards defense,” which Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani has already publicly asserted on Trump’s behalf.
Federal prosecutors charged 2008 Democratic Presidential candidate John Edwards for allegedly orchestrating nearly $1 million in payments by two wealthy Edwards supporters to hide his pregnant mistress, Rielle Hunter, from public view in the latter half of 2007. The Department of Justice argued that the payments to his mistress Hunter constituted illegally large and unreported in-kind contributions to the Edwards campaign. Sound familiar? Edwards argued that the purpose of the payments was to hide his affair from his wife who was battling cancer at the time, not to hide his affair from voters. In other words, Edwards claimed the reason for the payments was personal and not political.
Some commentators claim Edwards was vindicated, and that his case shows that his alleged activities would not amount to a crime. That’s wrong. The jury was unable to reach a unanimous conclusion on five of six counts Edwards faced, and acquitted him on a count related to a payment made after he had dropped out of the presidential race. The law is still a strong one that regulates all federal elections. The failure of Edwards’ prosecution boils down to weaknesses in some of the claims the government made and evidence against him.
Indeed, Common Cause has alleged very similar violations of law by Trump in our DOJ and FEC complaints. Specifically, we allege that Trump violated federal law by receiving illegal contributions from Cohen and AMI in the form of payments made to McDougal and Daniels, and by failing to report these contributions to the FEC.
These campaign finance laws apply only to payments made “for the purpose of influencing an election,” a phrase that’s critical to the statutory definitions of “contribution” and “expenditure.” Several factual distinctions make the case against Trump stronger than was the case against Edwards, specifically with respect to any asserted “personal not political” defense.

3. Timing of the Payments and the Affairs
Third, the payments to Hunter on behalf of Edwards were made contemporaneously to the affair and the pregnancy—timing that arguably makes sense if the true purpose was to keep knowledge of the affair from Edwards’ wife. By contrast, the payments to both McDougal and Clifford were made a decade after the alleged affairs—timing that doesn’t make much sense if the purpose was to keep knowledge of the affairs from Mrs. Trump, but makes a lot of sense (combined with the proximity to the election) if the purpose was to keep the information from voters in order to influence the election.
None of that changes the fact that prosecutors couldn't convict ex-Senator John R. Edwards in a far more evident case.

None of that changes the fact that Trump has a long history of making similar payouts to women establishing for the record that this was business-as-usual for the Trump Organization: and not campaign-specific as required by law.

None of that changes the fact that the prosecution would have to overcome those two substantial precedents to successfully prosecute a case: and they can't.

Hence, Mueller's fantasy delusion will be tossed out of court: with prejudice.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:46 PM   #65
bamscram
Valued Poster

Quote:
Isn't it terrible how far Slick Willie and hildebeest have lowered the bar. Trump is still above their level, however. And Mueller will not be able to overcome the fact that his cases are built on the fruit of the poisonous tree and the fact that Trump has paid other women on prior occasions to keep the peace -- meaning, Stormy Daniels was no special occasion.

It's Mueller's handiwork, no matter how you try to spin it.

Get it straight and quit blaming a good republican like Muller . You are the spin DR of the forum.
bamscram is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:50 PM   #66
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamscram View Post
Get it straight and quit blaming a good republican like Muller . You are the spin DR of the forum.
Who the fuck is "Muller"? This thread is about a corrupt mutha fucker named Mueller who has a long history of persecuting the wrong people, e.g., the Whitey Bulger case , the anthrax case, etc.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:55 PM   #67
bamscram
Valued Poster

Quote:
Who the fuck is "Muller"? This thread is about a corrupt mutha fucker named Mueller who has a long history of persecuting the wrong people, e.g., the Whitey Bulger case , the anthrax case, etc.

Never had a typo? Didn't think so. Get it straight on who is going after Trump , and quit whining.
bamscram is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:58 PM   #68
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamscram View Post
Never had a typo? Didn't think so. Get it straight on who is going after Trump , and quit whining.
Pointing out substantive facts that are destined to torpedo Mueller's nonsense is "whining". Who is "Muller"? You didn't answer the question.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:04 PM   #69
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Who are all these other women and just how much was the payout?
Did you just make that up?

I've seen no evidence of that, have you?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:06 PM   #70
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

You can keep repeating that lie but it will not make it true....

. Fear of Media ExposureFirst, in the Edwards prosecution, DOJ presented no evidence that Hunter was planning or threatening to speak to the press about her affair with Edwards. Edwards’ lawyers made a big deal out of this at trial, arguing that the payments were intended to keep news of Edwards’ affair from his very-ill wife, not from the voting public. By contrast, regarding the payments at issue in the Trump/Cohen matter, both McDougal and Clifford were in negotiation with national media outlets to sell the rights to their stories of affairs with Trump. McDougal and Clifford understood that the rapidly-approaching presidential general election gave them leverage over Trump. These facts are highly relevant to the motive and purpose of the payments.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:13 PM   #71
garhkal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
Especially when campaign funds had nothing to do with it.

Exactly. He used his own purse to pay them off. Ergo no campaign finance laws broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Where are the Putin indictments? For two years all we heard is "Putin/Trump". In order to have collusion you've got two have two people. Where are the Putin indictments?

Those indictments are in the mail..
garhkal is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:14 PM   #72
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Did you just make that up?

I've seen no evidence of that, have you?
Then you're not watching or reading substantive news.

Quote:
Donald Trump's Long History of Paying for Silence

(The Atlantic)

Quote:
You can keep repeating that lie but it will not make it true....

. Fear of Media ExposureFirst, in the Edwards prosecution, DOJ presented no evidence that Hunter was planning or threatening to speak to the press about her affair with Edwards. Edwards’ lawyers made a big deal out of this at trial, arguing that the payments were intended to keep news of Edwards’ affair from his very-ill wife, not from the voting public. By contrast, regarding the payments at issue in the Trump/Cohen matter, both McDougal and Clifford were in negotiation with national media outlets to sell the rights to their stories of affairs with Trump. McDougal and Clifford understood that the rapidly-approaching presidential general election gave them leverage over Trump. These facts are highly relevant to the motive and purpose of the payments.
Yeah, I'll keep repeating it because it is true and factual:

Prosecutors couldn't convict ex-Senator John R. Edwards in a far more evident case.

Trump has a long history of making similar payouts to women establishing for the record that this was business-as-usual for the Trump Organization: and not campaign-specific as required by law.

Prosecutors would have to overcome those two substantial precedents to successfully prosecute a case: and they can't.

Old 12-11-2018, 01:23 PM   #73
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Then you're not watching or reading substantive news.

Yeah, I'll keep repeating it because it is true and factual:

Prosecutors couldn't convict ex-Senator John R. Edwards in a far more evident case.

Trump has a long history of making similar payouts to women establishing for the record that this was business-as-usual for the Trump Organization: and not campaign-specific as required by law.

Prosecutors would have to overcome those two substantial precedents to successfully prosecute a case: and they can't.

You dont know your stuff IB. More fake news from the IB Express
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:27 PM   #74
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystic View Post
You dont know your stuff IB. More fake news from the IB Express

I know Mueller's indictments are fruit of the poisonous tree, and that the there is no substantive case against Trump.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:30 PM   #75
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:

I know Mueller's indictments are fruit of the poisonous tree, and that the there is no substantive case against Trump.
Fruit of the Poisonous Tree. That sounds pretty Biblical. I know thats Trumps 2nd favorite book. Shame him and the Evangelicals are going to Hell
themystic is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women