Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 10-05-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28
Default Republicans Want Vote On Obama Jobs Bill

Sen. Minority Leader McConnell calls Obama's bluff - "Pass My Bill Now" and wants a vote on the bill.........

but, but, but,,,,Harry Reid says "No"............but, but, but,,,Obama makes the false claim that the Republicans are blocking the vote on his bill.....

Here is Obama saying so in Texas yesterday....

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...es-democrats/1
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I think Senator Reid has capitulated, and has scheduled a vote later this week, He was dragged kicking and screaming, but there will be a vote.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Good, lets get everyone on record and accountable for their vote. Wonder how many "Not Present" there will be that day?
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
timpage
Account Disabled

Yep. The idea that the vote-down on the jobs bill is gonna be a positive for the republicans further illustrates that you live in a parallel universe with the rest of the loyal conservabots. The base will love it, of course....the independents will see you only as the obstructionist, no-plan-of-your own do-nothings that you so obviously are....good luck with it.

Don't you think Obama knew from the get-go that his plan was dead on arrival? He could multiply jobs like Jesus multiplied fish and loaves of bread and you guys would still attack him. While offering zero alternatives of your own....other than cutting taxes of course. Which has been working like a charm for the last few years.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:37 PM   #5
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

If Obama could multiply jobs like Jesus, I'd support him!
Old 10-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #6
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Obama says "pass my bill now, it's paid for" but Harry Reid adds in a 5% tax on millionaires to pay for it?

WTF?????????
Old 10-05-2011, 04:21 PM   #7
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Obama is getting what he wanted = a campgain slogan......He had no interest in crafting a jobs bill that could pass !

You think you are so smart and know how the electorate will react....

I love the Obama-like smugness of his supporters; keep it up, it is a quick path to failure come November 2012 !

The Obamaclock is down to 472 days !!!!!!! tick, tick tick

http://obamaclock.org/

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Yep. The idea that the vote-down on the jobs bill is gonna be a positive for the republicans further illustrates that you live in a parallel universe with the rest of the loyal conservabots. The base will love it, of course....the independents will see you only as the obstructionist, no-plan-of-your own do-nothings that you so obviously are....good luck with it.

Don't you think Obama knew from the get-go that his plan was dead on arrival? He could multiply jobs like Jesus multiplied fish and loaves of bread and you guys would still attack him. While offering zero alternatives of your own....other than cutting taxes of course. Which has been working like a charm for the last few years.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:20 PM   #8
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Never underestimate the ability of Republicans to screw up a sure thing.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:58 AM   #9
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

CBS News reports that Sen. Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.) isn’t such a big fan President Obama’s plan to raise taxes on households making $250,000 a year. Schumer said, “$250,000 makes you really rich in Mississippi but it doesn’t make you rich at all in New York and there ought to be some kind of scale based on the cost of living on how much you pay.”
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #10
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
CBS News reports that Sen. Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.) isn’t such a big fan President Obama’s plan to raise taxes on households making $250,000 a year. Schumer said, “$250,000 makes you really rich in Mississippi but it doesn’t make you rich at all in New York and there ought to be some kind of scale based on the cost of living on how much you pay.”
I wouldn't say he's not a big fan but he has a point a person who makes 100k a year living in Alabama vs a person making 100k living in California or New York are living two different lifestyles based on the tax burden on those states- that's a no brainer.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:31 AM   #11
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Sen. Minority Leader McConnell calls Obama's bluff - "Pass My Bill Now" and wants a vote on the bill.........

but, but, but,,,,Harry Reid says "No"............but, but, but,,,Obama makes the false claim that the Republicans are blocking the vote on his bill.....

Here is Obama saying so in Texas yesterday....

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...es-democrats/1
WW- did you have the "nads" to go to Eastfield College Tuesday??? Standing ovation and the line wrapped around the building- hmmmm and you still say there's a lot of people who don't like him???
Old 10-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #12
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
I wouldn't say he's not a big fan but he has a point a person who makes 100k a year living in Alabama vs a person making 100k living in California or New York are living two different lifestyles based on the tax burden on those states- that's a no brainer.
It's pretty clear what he said. And if he doesn't want to tax New Yorkers, then he certainly will not be taxing folks from Mississippi - meaning: if he intends to vote against the plan because he doesn't want to tax $250,000 income earners in New York, then he will also be voting against taxing folks from Mississippi at the same level of income. The reality is that either everyone making $250,000 will be taxed, or nobody will. That's why every state has an equal number of senators. Annual deductions for mortgages, property taxes and state and local income taxes paid is the off-set that's always been allowed before, but Odumbo wants to eliminate those.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #13
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
It's pretty clear what he said. And if he doesn't want to tax New Yorkers, then he certainly will not be taxing folks from Mississippi. The reality is that either everyone making $250,000 will be taxed, or nobody will. That's why every state has an equal number of senators. Annual deductions for mortgages, property taxes and state and local income taxes paid is the off-set that's always been allowed before, but Odumbo wants to eliminate those.
That's not what you quoted you mention that he said.." their ought to be some type of scale based on the cost of living..." That's totally different from saying Obama shouldn't tax anyone making over 250k- you are taking his quote way out of context. I agree with the Senator a person making 250k in New York City has a heavier tax burden and higher cost of living than someone in Mississippi- hell a 1000 dollars a month is a mortgage in 95% of Mississippi- 1000 dollars a month would barely get you a studio apartment in New York- show me where he says Obama should totally disband raising taxes on 250k and higher??? he only stated that there need to be other things taken into consideration and he's right.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #14
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
That's not what you quoted you mention that he said.." their ought to be some type of scale based on the cost of living..." That's totally different from saying Obama shouldn't tax anyone making over 250k- you are taking his quote way out of context. I agree with the Senator a person making 250k in New York City has a heavier tax burden and higher cost of living than someone in Mississippi- hell a 1000 dollars a month is a mortgage in 95% of Mississippi- 1000 dollars a month would barely get you a studio apartment in New York- show me where he says Obama should totally disband raising taxes on 250k and higher??? he only stated that there need to be other things taken into consideration and he's right.
Other factors, here-to-fore and at present, are taken into consideration. You left out this part of the post:
Annual deductions for mortgages, property taxes and state and local income taxes paid is the off-set that's always been allowed before, but Odumbo wants to eliminate those.

It's not at all out of context. It is a verbatim quote. Again, if Schumer doesn't want to tax New Yorkers, then he certainly will not be taxing folks from Mississippi - meaning, again: if he intends to vote against the plan because he doesn't want to tax $250,000 income earners in New York, then he will also be voting against taxing folks from Mississippi at the same level of income. Neither he, nor you, can have it both ways. Either everyone making $250,000 will be taxed, or nobody will. That is why every state has an equal number of senators.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #15
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Other factors, here-to-fore and at present, are taken into consideration. You left out this part of the post:
Annual deductions for mortgages, property taxes and state and local income taxes paid is the off-set that's always been allowed before, but Odumbo wants to eliminate those.

It's not at all out of context. It is a verbatim quote. Again, if Schumer doesn't want to tax New Yorkers, then he certainly will not be taxing folks from Mississippi - meaning, again: if he intends to vote against the plan because he doesn't want to tax $250,000 income earners in New York, then he will also be voting against taxing folks from Mississippi at the same level of income. Neither he, nor you, can have it both ways. Either everyone making $250,000 will be taxed, or nobody will. That is why every state has an equal number of senators.
I disagree it looks like he's for it but believes provisions should be made based on Cost of living.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women